PDA

View Full Version : Kobe going to Denver?

wildrice
07-07-2004, 09:22 PM
Anybody hear anything about this?
i saw a little glimpse of it on thescore (ch. 30)

accordboi_02
07-07-2004, 10:27 PM
Clippers, Spurs and Lakers are also trying to get him. It's still up in the air, but he met with Denver officials today to talk contract. Maybe he asked them to get the charges dropped??? ;)

I think it would be awesome with him in Den though - Imagine that backcourt - 'Mello and Kobe :drool:

ade99
07-07-2004, 10:34 PM
isn't melo a forward?

accordboi_02
07-07-2004, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by ade99
isn't melo a forward?

Didn't he play Guard for Den?? I dunno, I really didnt follow them too much this year. :dunno:

RiCE-DaDDy
07-08-2004, 12:14 AM
hes SF i believe

I think clippers have the best chance, but who wants to play for the clippers :barf:

CKY
07-08-2004, 12:42 AM
didn't phoenix tried getting him?? he'd be pretty good in the suns, great young talent (studemire, marion, and kobe)

Si_FlyGuy
07-08-2004, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by CKY
didn't phoenix tried getting him?? he'd be pretty good in the suns, great young talent (studemire, marion, and kobe)

Not to mention Nash!!

Kobe in Denver'll be a huge irony.

Skylinelover
07-08-2004, 12:06 PM
What about Shaq? What is hapenign with him. He doesn't want to play with thsis new coach.

lam-boy
07-08-2004, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by RiCE-DaDDy
hes SF i believe

I think clippers have the best chance, but who wants to play for the clippers :barf:

Kobe does. so he can carry the team on his shoulders and end up losing :rofl:

wildrice
07-08-2004, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Si_FlyGuy

Kobe in Denver'll be a huge irony.

yea, no kidding

izzoblitzo
07-08-2004, 02:17 PM
I dont think phoenix can afford to get kobe anymore.. they just signed nash. Shaq has one year remaining on his $30mil per year contract, so it would be really hard for a team to trade their whole starting lineup for one guy. I think there would be a good chance he'll just play this year, and sign on as a free agent with somebody next offseason.

He wants to go to Miami, Sacramento, New Orleans, Dallas and I think one more city.

The teams rumored to be after kobe is Lakers, Clippers, Grizzlies, Nuggets. Most likely, it will round down to Lakers and Clippers.

Kobe has said he wants to be a Laker for life, and they are the only team that can offer him the most money. If Shaq is gone, look for Kobe to be in a Laker jersey.

wildrice
07-08-2004, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by izzoblitzo

He wants to go to Miami, Sacramento, New Orleans, Dallas and I think one more city.

& Orlando

menace3
07-08-2004, 06:28 PM
Kobe Bryant is going to be a laker again if shaq will be gone.
Lakers wants Nowitski and Walker to trade for Shaq but Cuban said he'll trade anybody except nowitski.

izzoblitzo
07-08-2004, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by wildrice

& Orlando

man.. like 8 years ago, he wanted to come to LA to shoot more movies like STEEL and KAZZAAAM. now he wants back to Orlando. what a way to make up his mind.

Zephyr
07-09-2004, 02:20 AM
trade shaq for yao ming lol

Jynx
07-09-2004, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by Zephyr

yea that works cuz shaq is gonna make like 29 million next season, while yao will make 4.

for houston 2 get shaq it would take t mac, howard, yao, and maurice taylor/tyron lue

cman
07-09-2004, 12:16 PM
yea shitty situation for the lakers, they cant keep both kobe and shaq. however nobody wants shaqs upcoming 29million contract this year. so i think kobe will probably end up leaving. clippers is a good possibility because he would stay in LA, and not have to deal with moving and all that shit

CKY
07-09-2004, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by Zephyr

even if that one on one trade did happen, shaq and t-mac won't be able to play together, their egos are too big, it'll be just like kobe and shaq again in LA

wildrice
07-09-2004, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by cman
so i think kobe will probably end up leaving. clippers is a good possibility because he would stay in LA, and not have to deal with moving and all that shit

i think moving would be the last of his worries
i mean he already does do a lot of travelling back and forth from Colorado and LA for his court trials anywayz

Denver would be good for him, he'd be almost right there for his court trials and imagine melo and bryant. Together, they could take the nuggets pretty far, and imagine how much melo could learn from a superstar like Kobe.

Jynx
07-11-2004, 02:40 AM

i think moving would be the last of his worries
i mean he already does do a lot of travelling back and forth from Colorado and LA for his court trials anywayz

Denver would be good for him, he'd be almost right there for his court trials and imagine melo and bryant. Together, they could take the nuggets pretty far, and imagine how much melo could learn from a superstar like Kobe.

you cant actually even begin 2 tink that kobe wit sign with denver...the guys being charged in denver for rape for gods sake... its just a move 2 try and gain some leverage with his jury some how
hes gonna be a laker
esp wit shaq gone
why wuldnt he?

wildrice
07-12-2004, 10:21 PM
actually
he's getting closer to signing a deal with the clippers

accordboi_02
07-13-2004, 02:13 AM
actually
he's getting closer to signing a deal with the clippers

haha, that would be great - with one move, the balance of power in LA completely shifts. I can't wait for the day when the Clippers will be the better team.
I wonder if Jack would switch his courtside seats to Clippers games??? :rofl: :rofl:

As long as Kobe goes anywhere other than Lakers or Jazz (thank god Utah isn't an option!) I'm happy. :thumbsup:

dezmarez
07-16-2004, 12:49 AM
kobe is now with the lakerssssssssssssssssss still