PDA

View Full Version : Help w/ stereo

vidda
07-08-2004, 07:44 AM
Hey there, I'm a noob needing some help with his stereo. The first question I have is what manual would I need to get to instruct me on changing the radio/speakers in my '91 Honda Accord? Secondly, can I only get a '90-'93 Radio/CD Deck to fit mine or can I go with newer models? Thanks in advance.

DefektiveVibe
07-08-2004, 10:41 AM
uhh you shouldnt really need a manual speakers are pretty easy to change. The radio is a little more difficult and im not sure if any newer model ones will fit into your car..but its worth a try. PM and ill be glad to help you out.

H4LFY2nR
07-08-2004, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by vidda
Hey there, I'm a noob needing some help with his stereo. The first question I have is what manual would I need to get to instruct me on changing the radio/speakers in my '91 Honda Accord? Secondly, can I only get a '90-'93 Radio/CD Deck to fit mine or can I go with newer models? Thanks in advance.

I think the Hayne's manual has a small section about replacing speakers and radios. Speakers are very easy, all you have to do is pop off the speaker cover and then unscrew 4 screws. About the radio, are you trying to find another stock one or do you want a new CD player? To install a new CD deck you have to buy a mounting kit for it. It is just a piece of plastic that takes the stock radios place and allows for an aftermarket player to be mounted to it. Any electronics store that sells car audio will have all the parts you'll need. Car audio is definetely a good place to start on learning how to work on your car yourself. It is easy to learn the basics so don't let a store con you into paying them to install stuff.

crx62
07-08-2004, 07:31 PM
yo speakers are so easy to take out just do wat h4lfy2nr said, pop off the cover and unscrew it. As for the cd player if you need a mounting kit go to soundsaround.

vidda
07-09-2004, 10:15 AM
Thanks for the advice. My problem with the radio was that I couldn't figure out how to get the whole dashboard plastic cover off. It looks like it's a huge piece that encompasses the far left driver's fan, the display and the whole center console. I unscrewed two screws right above the radio and two right above the display, but no luck with pulling the piece out. :( Anyway that's why I wanted a manual. I don't have a camera, but I'll try to borrow one and take some pics soon. Thanks again.

Gonthro
07-09-2004, 10:22 AM
i found this

http://www.carstereohelp.org/stereoremoval/Accord90_93Str.htm

its like $3 for removal instructions.

GTS Jeff
07-09-2004, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by vidda
Thanks for the advice. My problem with the radio was that I couldn't figure out how to get the whole dashboard plastic cover off. It looks like it's a huge piece that encompasses the far left driver's fan, the display and the whole center console. I unscrewed two screws right above the radio and two right above the display, but no luck with pulling the piece out. :( Anyway that's why I wanted a manual. I don't have a camera, but I'll try to borrow one and take some pics soon. Thanks again. check out installdr.com. they have instructions for most cars if its not super easy and they have wiring diagrams too. when u install a deck, make sure u buy a wire harness to make teh task easier.