PDA

View Full Version : Hit and Run question

Shaolin
07-09-2004, 04:48 PM
ok.. so on the 22nd of June a co-worker hit my front bumper while backing out of the stall.. I didn't know until a couple co-workers told me while I was in the office. I spoke with the boss of her department and he contacted the owner of the agency she works for. Anyways, the owner called me back, saying that he'll pay for the bill.

Next week I get the bumper repainted, comes out to a little bit under 400 bucks.. I paid for it. The next couple of days I told the owner that i'll be faxing him the bill in a couple of days.

Anyways, I faxed it to him, and it's been about 4 days now.. I gave him a call today and there was no answer. I'm going to call him again on Sunday, and if he doesn't answer I'm going to call him one last time on Monday..

If he doesn't reply, I'm calling my buddy who's a cop, fill out a hit and run report and go after the chick that hit my car. I also have 3 witnesses who actually saw the whole incident.

Anything I missed? I just want my 400 bucks back.

turbo_equiped
07-09-2004, 04:54 PM
well as far as i know!
i think you should be safe..specially when you got connections in the police.
but i dont think you should have paid for it at the first place.
should have got a quote and get her to pay for the bill. but still no matter what i think you should be fine.

Shaolin
07-09-2004, 05:04 PM
well i would've gotten the chick to pay for it, but before I spoke with the chick I spoke with the owner and he said "Just give me the bill and I'll pay for it".. if he doesn't get back to me by Monday then well I'm going after the chick, and filling out a hit and run report. I've been more than patient waiting 4 days for a reply.

Tyler883
07-09-2004, 05:49 PM
It's a good thing you have some leverage with the 'hit and run' issue, make sure she knows what you have planned, and get her to act quickly.

I had a buddy that was in a fender bender, it cost him $200 in repairs, the lady never paid, and if he wanted to get his money he had to take her to small claims court or make a claim through his own insurance company.

Sure, his insurance company would go after her for the damages, and his rates would not be affected.

However, he would have to pay his deductible of $500 in order to get his $200 dollars back.

I advise that you scare the hell out of her before someone tries giving her any ideas about avoiding you.

Hit and run is a criminal charge. It will cost her a lot more than $400.

Khyron
07-09-2004, 11:22 PM
Fuck her. She HIT AND RUN. Charge her AND get your money! Punish her for what countless of other idiots try and get away with. If I was in your shoes, even if the guy had come to the door, cheque in hand, I still would nail her ass to the wall with a nice criminal charge.

Edit : So many people think it's ok to run. That guy last year that died in a ditch after someone hit him. Had tons of time to get medical attention.. Or the 2 pedestrians who were smoked by the stupid bitch the other night. Should be hard jail time + fines.

Khyron