PDA

View Full Version : guy hit on 17th fri. night.

method
07-10-2004, 11:58 AM
anyone know anything about this? I was outside of melrose on 17th when someone was hit by a van. there was a fair group of people around him, and while they were obviously trying to help him, no one looked like they were seriously horrified.... the person was blatently hurt, but it didnt look "that" bad..

when we got out an hour and a half later, there was police tape over the entire block, investigators collecting evidence, all that jazz.

anyone know what happened? I didnt think it was that bad when I first saw it, but it must have been.

:confused:

Def_3
07-10-2004, 12:03 PM
a 21 year old girl was celebrating her birthday at nightgallery, was going home hit a guy and his friend. One man died on at the scene, other is in serious condition. She took off, hours later police found her at boyfriends house

*this happened friday night

method
07-10-2004, 12:16 PM
noo that happened thurs... that was in the paper.

this was different. a van hit whoever was in this accdient.

Def_3
07-10-2004, 12:26 PM
my bad, sad things happening in the city

That.Guy.S30
07-10-2004, 12:26 PM
happened around 11:00 right? i was down there but didnt see anythin

buh_buh
07-10-2004, 12:54 PM
-----------------------------------------------------------------
CITYBEAT - CITY OF CALGARY PRESS RELEASE
-----------------------------------------------------------------

EMS responded to 17 Ave and College Lane SW for an Auto
-pedestrian Collision at 00:15 hours.

Paramedics treated an unconscious 28 year old male with
critical head injuries.

He was transported to Foothills Hospital in serious
condition.

Calgary Police are investigating.

davidI
07-10-2004, 07:32 PM
I dunno the deal yet but one of the guys I work with wasn't in today because one of his good friends or maybe his roommate was killed in a hit and run. :(

Wildcat
07-10-2004, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by Def_3
a 21 year old girl was celebrating her birthday at nightgallery, was going home hit a guy and his friend. One man died on at the scene, other is in serious condition. She took off, hours later police found her at boyfriends house

*this happened friday night

both the guys who got hit were best friends with a co worker of mine, its very sad. I hope she gets some serious jailtime.

SRH
07-10-2004, 08:32 PM
I was coming from 5th Street on to 17th this afternoon...we had the green light to make the left turn and a guy walked right out infront of our car we just missed him by a hair.We hit the brakes just in time. He laughed at us and kept walking.

It's Stampede time and lots of people are driving and walking like idiots...

403Gemini
07-11-2004, 02:10 AM
Originally posted by Wildcat

both the guys who got hit were best friends with a co worker of mine, its very sad. I hope she gets some serious jailtime.

that was that silver sunfire wasnt it? yea thats so damn sad :( i hope she gets her liscence taken away and serious jail time. seriously its bad enough to hit a person, but then flee the scene? thats fucked up!

illeagle
07-11-2004, 02:18 AM
no it was a mini-van that hit a pedestrian, this time the driver stuck around.. I'd hate to run over someone, i bet it make the most sickest sound....

anyways, yah, i almost hit a few people when i'm in the right lane of 17th ave going east, people just dart out to try and flag down taxi's, another problem is when people just open their door, as you drive up 17th, i've had a few close calls, lucky for them i have cat-like reflexes..:rolleyes:

freakin
07-11-2004, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by illeagle
another problem is when people just open their door, as you drive up 17th, i've had a few close calls, lucky for them i have cat-like reflexes..:rolleyes:

I've always wondered if it would be legal to just take out their door and then make them cover the damages.

There are tons of dumbasses out this week. I almost hit a few people last night. That's too bad to hear that those people died though.

bigboom
07-11-2004, 03:17 PM
thats why 17th was closed off as i was trying to get home on friday night...

donz
07-11-2004, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by freakin

I've always wondered if it would be legal to just take out their door and then make them cover the damages.

I know this has happened before, but the responsible party is the one that opened the door. According to the law, you have to enter and exit a car, only when it is safe.
People should be careful anyways, sometimes cars drive kind of close, like on 17th, wouldn't want to lose a leg or something.

As for stampped, Everybody should be careful, drivers and pedestrians, I've seen as many stupid drivers as pedestrians on the last couple of days.

Skyline_Addict
07-15-2004, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by freakin

There are tons of dumbasses out this week. I almost hit a few people last night. That's too bad to hear that those people died though.

have you tried driving through chinatown? there are a number of people who drop their wives in the middle of the road while traffic is still, and these brave ladies jump out from behind the vehicle they got out of to cross the street. had to slam the brakes like a mother once and burned some tire..... the lady was smiling too, i didn't know whether that was to smite me or to apologize.

seemed pretty grimacing to me, so I was a little ticked off. she could've looked sorry, not high.

DEATH2000
07-31-2004, 03:56 PM
thats why chicks shouldnt drive, if they hit anything they get like 50x as emotional as guys

SI-vic
08-01-2004, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by DEATH2000
thats why chicks shouldnt drive, if they hit anything they get like 50x as emotional as guys

:rolleyes:
oooook