PDA

View Full Version : got rearended lastnight downtown

TomTom
07-10-2004, 01:00 PM
i am sitting at the lights and look in my rearview mirror and see these integra lights flying over the hill kinda swirving like he was slamming on the breaks and wam right into the back end of my car, now the bumber has red paint on it and cracked and you can see fiberglass ripped all over the cornor

theken
07-10-2004, 01:26 PM
should have kicked his ass, shitty deal

hjr
07-10-2004, 01:27 PM
sucks man, but at least you get it all payed for by his insurance

rc2002
07-10-2004, 01:36 PM
Oh Damn! Integra on integra violence ain't cool. :(

finboy
07-10-2004, 01:56 PM
sorry to hear man, good luck on getting it fixed.

pinoyhero
07-10-2004, 02:15 PM
Hopefully getting it fixed via his insurance isn't too much of a hassle, you gonna press charges?

TomTom
07-10-2004, 02:40 PM
i got his insurance info and all that but im gona see how much and if he can pay for it outa his pocket rather than have his insurance pay and him not being able to afford to drive anymore from the hike, im not an asshole unless hes gona try to fuck me on it

(hes lucky i didnt ram into the guy infront of me my cali front end conversion woulda been hella $$$$$ for him to have fixed)

GQNammer
07-10-2004, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by TomTom
i got his insurance info and all that but im gona see how much and if he can pay for it outa his pocket rather than have his insurance pay and him not being able to afford to drive anymore from the hike, im not an asshole unless hes gona try to fuck me on it

(hes lucky i didnt ram into the guy infront of me my cali front end conversion woulda been hella $$$$$ for him to have fixed)

I don't get it. I thought no matter what, if you re-end someone it's technically your fault even though someone hit you from behind. I read that lots here on these forums.

ryder_23
07-10-2004, 04:18 PM
Thats what i thought, if you get pushed into someone, its your own fault, because u wernt a safe distance away or something...:dunno: anyways shitty deal tom, hopeyou get it fixed soon enough

Def_3
07-10-2004, 04:18 PM
keep your traffic lawyer on speed dial, never know when you need them, perfect occasion for one

finboy
07-10-2004, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by ryder_23
Thats what i thought, if you get pushed into someone, its your own fault, because u wernt a safe distance away or something...:dunno: anyways shitty deal tom, hopeyou get it fixed soon enough

depends on the situation.

from what i remember of ama (very little) if you are parked far enought back but are still hit hard enough to damage another car you are not at fault.

GorG
07-10-2004, 07:36 PM
^^^^^^ I didnt know that lil part. Intresting....

REally sorry to hear that man, how much do you think it'll be?

TomTom
07-11-2004, 03:33 AM
im deff going to need a new rear bumper/paint for it and it poped the kit apart a bit, hopefully i can get everything fixed pretty quick it sucks the bumper was in perfect condition

freakin
07-11-2004, 08:54 AM
FYI.....Report the accident to the police at the very least. You might even want to consider reporting it to your insurance company as well, but let them know that the other party doesn't want to involve their insurance company. That way you at least have it on paper that the accident took place in this guy decides to back out. I was fucked with this sort of situation once and that's all it would've taken for me get my car fixed. When you call up your insurance company 6 months after an accident to tell them what happened they're usually not very co-operative.

TomTom
07-11-2004, 04:23 PM
i dont want my rates to go up, but it is not my fault so i guess it wouldnt

*update* filed a police report got a damage sticker gona get estimates done this week

NickGT
07-11-2004, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by finboy

depends on the situation.

from what i remember of ama (very little) if you are parked far enought back but are still hit hard enough to damage another car you are not at fault.

Yup I was plowed into someone from behind after being hit by someone else, in my first stang. Said i had a car length in between me and the guy infront of me (which I did) and the guy who hit me was responsible for all damage...

BigDL
07-11-2004, 09:22 PM
If it was over a certan amount of damage money wise you must report it to the cops or i believe you cant get work done by a body shop :P Gotta have that nice little police report sticker on your wind sheild .

Seanith
07-11-2004, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by BigDL
If it was over a certan amount of damage money wise you must report it to the cops or i believe you cant get work done by a body shop :P Gotta have that nice little police report sticker on your wind sheild .

He mentioned taking care of all of that.