PDA

View Full Version : Workout Gloves

Dope Dealer
07-11-2004, 05:18 PM
Just wondering what are the best workout gloves out there for a reasonable price? Tired of ripping up my hands... Wass looking at gstrap.net a few weeks ago and they look decent, but dont know anyone with them.

EG STyLeZ
07-11-2004, 05:26 PM
yeah i've been considering getting some gloves too. lately i've been getting hardcore blisters on my hands. what places have them in calgary?

bigboom
07-11-2004, 08:49 PM
just keep working on develop caluses then you wont ever get blisters again :)

thats what i did.

YCB
07-11-2004, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by bigboom
just keep working on develop caluses then you wont ever get blisters again :)

thats what i did.

:werd: hahah

caluses are the best... plus its gay lifting like 20 pounds and having gloves on.. hahah

joseph
07-11-2004, 09:33 PM
I got some Harbinger gloves at champs last year and they've been pretty good with regular use so far. Can't remember the price though.

EG STyLeZ
07-11-2004, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by joseph
I got some Harbinger gloves at champs last year and they've been pretty good with regular use so far. Can't remember the price though.

are these all-purpose athletic types of gloves?

That.Guy.S30
07-11-2004, 10:13 PM
the nike's are good. they last long and have good cushion(sp). i have caluses(sp) so i dont wear gloves.. haha no pain

bigboom
07-11-2004, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by Thi_Thi Subs
the nike's are good. they last long and have good cushion(sp). i have caluses(sp) so i dont wear gloves.. haha no pain

this is the only way to go :)

Wildcat
07-11-2004, 11:16 PM
ive gone through a few pairs of gloves, a padded swede grip seems to last the longest. Look for a pair with double stich when buying. I dont think brand would make a difference :dunno: quality isnt too hard to recognize.

turbo_equiped
07-11-2004, 11:21 PM
Champ sports have them, and so does Sportchek. They are all good out there. I have used a few. I have had Nike's and harbinger. I think out of these two i would go with Harbinger's. Caus they basically the same thing, but the Nike's if i remember right were expensive then the Harbinger's.
EDIT: Whatever you do, make sure you dont buy the one's which have like a net thing in them. They basically have a net on them i think and they might look cooler than the normal ones, they really aren't as comfortable.

joseph
07-12-2004, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by EG STyLeZ

are these all-purpose athletic types of gloves?

Not sure but I think they're strictly for weight lifting.

Tyler883
07-12-2004, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by YCB

:werd: hahah

caluses are the best... plus its gay lifting like 20 pounds and having gloves on.. hahah

Geez, it's hard being a heterosexual these day, I have to remember all these rules just to make sure I don't get accused of being something that I'm not by someone that isn't.

R34GTRVSPECII
08-23-2004, 01:19 PM
WAL-MART

Cheap, so if you don't like them who cares! :dunno:

badseed
08-23-2004, 03:13 PM
Gloves, did you ever see "Arnold" use gloves?? If he doesn't need them then you definitely don't need them. Keep using without and eventually the skin will get tuff and maybe you'll even turn into a man while your at it.

Kartelli
08-23-2004, 03:17 PM
callus... mother natures natural glove

CKY
08-27-2004, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by Thi_Thi Subs

IMO i don't like the nike gloves, they're stitching inside for the gap between your thump and index finger is a big bulk, and after wearing them for a while, it gets irritating and starts to hurt, even though the nikes are the only pair of workout gloves i've bought i think sticking with brands like everlast can't be too bad