PDA

View Full Version : sony minidisc users...

962 kid
07-11-2004, 06:50 PM
Does anyone have an alternate program for transferring files? I've come to hate everything about sonicstage but I can't find any other programs that will do the job.

Thanks

blinkme_210
07-11-2004, 07:16 PM
Nope! Unless you want to record songs to your MD in real time optically.

zhulander
07-11-2004, 07:25 PM
http://www.minidisct.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=4825

Pihsiak
07-11-2004, 11:43 PM
Open jukebox

works better then the sonic

freakin
07-12-2004, 05:01 PM
Open jukebox corrupted a load of my MP3 files. If you try to transfer more music than the disc can handle it will stop part way through, give you an error and then every file it had started to copy will be corrupted. They'll still work as MP3's, but you can't do the ATRAC3 conversion to use them on the MD player. I had to remake a load of MP3s because of this.

But either way, Sonicstage and OpenJukebox are both pretty bad programs. Does anyone know of a third party option? I know other brands sell MD players, so I wonder if their software would work.

I've tried using RealOne, but it would only support LP2. It works pretty good, but I like to use LP4.

freakin
07-12-2004, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by zhulander
http://www.minidisct.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=4825

I guess I should've read that link first. That's a pretty good idea. I need to get my hands on the Nero software now.

Pihsiak
07-12-2004, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by freakin
Open jukebox corrupted a load of my MP3 files. ...But either way, Sonicstage and OpenJukebox are both pretty bad programs.

Freakin, have you tried updating the open jukebox software?

I had that problem too so i d/led the upate patch and it works fine now.

do you have the Type R or the Type S version

cuz the Type R LP4 is mono and the Type S LP4 is stereo

bookem
07-13-2004, 08:39 AM
Real One Player is supposed to work.. after you've installed it, go into tools -> prefs -> devices -> add device , and add your sony netmd, then i think you can 'burn' to your md like a regular cd.

danno567
07-13-2004, 08:47 AM
i use it.

its not the greatest, but better than the sony crap program.

just remove realone from your startup list after the install, and only download the basic, the the "adanced" that you have to pay for. Then do what djdante told you. It transferes pretty fast.

if there is something better, i would love to use it, since i think real is ok, but nothing great. why doesnt music match make one for there software?