PDA

View Full Version : Finally got a car

ks32561
07-12-2004, 04:26 PM
Well it took me about three months, but I finally found a 240sx. I had given up hope, and I needed a car for school so I decided to just go out and buy a mustang. The mustang I wanted was out getting detailed, so we (we being my parents and I) went out and just looked at other car places. I wasnt even interested at looking at other lots, but all of a sudden I saw it. Its a white 1996 240sx with 82k miles (sorry about the miles thing, but I live in the US). The body is in perfect shape, and the interior is only slightly blemished, (no ash tray, and there is a small hole in the backseat). My plans are to leave the engine stock, and upgrade the suspension and brakes. I think I need a LSD too, I havent seen If I have one or not. I am not going to do anything to the engine, because I am going to drive it untill it starts giving me a little trouble (while saving up money) and do a RB25DET conversion.
Hopefully I can post some pics of it, but ill have to use my brothers computer.

BTW sorry to rain on your parade Africano

DeathBy240
07-12-2004, 05:32 PM
Jack the back end of the car up there should be an orange sticker on the diff... Or just go do a big burn out and see how many stripes you get. Is it 4 or 5 lug? If its 5 lug it probably has an LSD. Congrats on the new toy.

illeagle
07-12-2004, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by DeathBy240
Jack the back end of the car up there should be an orange sticker on the diff... Or just go do a big burn out and see how many stripes you get. Is it 4 or 5 lug? If its 5 lug it probably has an LSD. Congrats on the new toy.

i learned something new today... for free!! thanks..

congrats on the new ride/money pit!

africano
07-12-2004, 11:14 PM
Nah man, my parade is over. It's your parade now :D

Sounds like you got a nice car, post some pics :thumbsup:

Dj_Stylz
07-12-2004, 11:16 PM
Congrats:thumbsup:

turbo_equiped
07-12-2004, 11:18 PM
Seems like a pretty nice car man. Good for you. Make sure you update us with some pics.:thumbsup:

Seanith
07-13-2004, 12:05 AM
Good choice of a car man! Hope you don't mind bitches swingin' from your nuts ;)

Heres a nice pic of a S14 I took in B.C the other day

http://members.shaw.ca/smer-kanary/S14.JPG

Zephyr
07-13-2004, 12:08 AM
florida....home of less emission restrictions...bah i wish we had the same leanient laws like u guys in california... good luck with the silvia!

africano
07-13-2004, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by Zephyr
the same leanient laws like u guys in california...

Hate to break it to you, but california has the toughest emissions laws in North America. Wouldn't call it leanient by any strech or the imagination.

statick
07-13-2004, 10:47 AM
:thumbsup: great car

sputnik
07-13-2004, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Zephyr
i wish we had the same leanient laws like u guys in california

you have got to be either smoking crack or very sarcastic...

california has very STRICT emissions laws and need your car tested before you can register/insure it... cars are also rechecked from time to time

boi-alien
07-13-2004, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by africano

Hate to break it to you, but california has the toughest emissions laws in North America. Wouldn't call it leanient by any strech or the imagination.

Originally posted by sputnik

you have got to be either smoking crack or very sarcastic...

california has very STRICT emissions laws and need your car tested before you can register/insure it... cars are also rechecked from time to time

i think he meant: i wish we had more lenient emissions laws like you guys (out in florida) over here in california

ZorroAMG
07-13-2004, 02:45 PM
That IS what he meant, he was missing a comma:

florida....home of less emission restrictions...bah i wish we had the same leanient laws like u guys, in california... good luck with the silvia!

ks32561
07-14-2004, 02:52 PM
Heh yea I hear it is a pain to mod a car in california. Over here in Florida I dont think they even care really. I will post some pics asap. But right now im using a crummy laptop with not even a 56k modem. My brother just moved out and took the good pc,(which he built so he has every right to) so ill have to go use his pc to post some pics of the car.

Ridelikeme
07-15-2004, 05:09 PM
nice ride... very hard to find up here

ks32561
07-16-2004, 12:16 AM
Yea they are hard to find here too. I literally started looking for about 3 months ago, and this is the 1st one that ive found that fits what I wanted. And all I wanted was a 5sp 240sx with less than 100k miles. The closest thing I found besides the one I got was automatic and was about 200 miles away. So I am sooooo happy that the mustang I was about to buy wasnt available.

GQBalla
07-16-2004, 12:25 AM
why does that pic of the 240 look black? instead of white like you said?

ks32561
07-16-2004, 12:43 AM
If your talking about the pic that ~$eanith~ posted, it would be b/c thats not my car. Im working on getting some pics up, im going to take some tomorrow problably, when I can post them I dont know.

Seanith
07-16-2004, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by GQBalla
why does that pic of the 240 look black? instead of white like you said?

Yeah i just thought i'd share a nice S14 I saw on the road! Thats not his car, but i'm sure his looks just like it!

Zephyr
07-16-2004, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by boi-alien

i think he meant: i wish we had more lenient emissions laws like you guys (out in florida) over here in california

Originally posted by ZorroAMG
That IS what he meant, he was missing a comma:

florida....home of less emission restrictions...bah i wish we had the same leanient laws like u guys, in california... good luck with the silvia!

lol thanks guys.... i rarely have correct grammer online...

ks32561
07-17-2004, 12:15 AM
No thats not what my car looks like, that looks like its either a 97 or a 98. My car doesnt have the slant headlights, and as a result doesnt look quite as good as that one.

Im still working on those pics!