PDA

View Full Version : What way is the best to lose fat?

Bruce Chan
07-13-2004, 02:48 AM
Dear everyone:
I am a fat guy, i want to lose my body fat, any suggestions?

Thank you for your help

rice_eater
07-13-2004, 06:48 AM
put down the fork?

illeagle
07-13-2004, 07:35 AM
jog/run, rollerblade or ride your bike, eat smaller portions of low fat foods while doing this.

Digital_7
07-13-2004, 07:53 AM
With your food.. dont eat three big meals a day.... space it out to about 6 to 8 SMALL meals a day...

Melinda
07-13-2004, 08:52 AM
Lots of cardio helps burn the fat

YCB
07-13-2004, 10:05 AM
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?threadid=49244

hatetank
07-13-2004, 11:13 AM
Take a picture of yourself naked and tape it to the fridge.

GTS Jeff
07-13-2004, 11:45 AM
pour bleach on your food.

girlRACER
07-13-2004, 12:15 PM
Stop eating. After that your stomach will shrink and you can't eat as much anymore without feeling very full. Then eat smaller meals. Works for me :D

GTS Jeff
07-13-2004, 07:42 PM
bury staples in your food.

hatetank
07-15-2004, 09:39 PM
Less food, more action.

GTS Jeff
07-15-2004, 10:14 PM
cook your food with water from the toilet.

JAYMEZ
07-15-2004, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by girlRACER
Stop eating. After that your stomach will shrink and you can't eat as much anymore without feeling very full. Then eat smaller meals. Works for me :D

Hehe this might seem to be common sense , but it actually makes you fater and slows down your matabolism...

CARDIOOOOOOOOOOO
best way to do it... Or super set then go on the bike.

GQBalla
07-16-2004, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by girlRACER

the stomach doesn;t actually shrink its juss you satisfided with the amount youve eaten

1badPT
07-16-2004, 01:46 AM
Pick a diet system too whether you go with a low fat one or an atkins sytle low carb one and stick to it. Add some activity and and voila, no more fatass. Its working for me.

turbo_equiped
07-16-2004, 01:53 AM
hahah Jeff...
you comment made me laugh man...!!
all three of them..!!
lol

GTS Jeff
07-16-2004, 11:11 AM
hire someone to follow you around and laugh at how fat you are.

Chim
07-16-2004, 11:22 AM
Losing fat is so easy man, get off your fat lazy ass and do some exercise and stop eating fast food. Keep your protein intake the same so you don't lose muscle mass, lower carbs (not to 0% like stupid ass atkins) and lower your calories to 500 below BMR.

EK 2.0
07-16-2004, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Bruce Chan
Dear everyone:

Thank you for your help

stop asking questions on an interent forum, GET OUT, and walk to somehwere you can ask IN PERSON...

Kid_a
07-16-2004, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by CycloneAWD

stop asking questions on an interent forum, GET OUT, and walk to somehwere you can ask IN PERSON...

nononononono, play a bunch of olympic games online, its good cardio, then play that spank the money game for some good armwork, you should be buff in no time.

fast95pony
07-17-2004, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by Bruce Chan
Dear everyone:

Thank you for your help

I'm in the same boat (perhaps that's why it's sinking ..:eek: )

Anyways , enough silliness . I made a bet today with a friend .She has to loose weight for a heart problem.I've started by cutting out pop,junk food,fast food, and trying to eat salads,fruit etc. and drinking lots of water . I'm trying to loose 10-15 lbs by 01 August , and 50lbs by Dec 31 .

Plus I'm going to exercise more..

Good luck !

Alan

Zephyr
07-17-2004, 10:35 PM
Run
Eat Better
Sex
No Junk Food
No Sodas
Sex
No Sweets
Weightlift
Sex
Surgery
Swim
Sex

Just some basic ideas...also sex works too if I forgot to mention it you lose like 200+Calories or so I read..

GTS Jeff
07-18-2004, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by fast95pony

I'm in the same boat (perhaps that's why it's sinking ..:eek: )

Anyways , enough silliness . I made a bet today with a friend .She has to loose weight for a heart problem.I've started by cutting out pop,junk food,fast food, and trying to eat salads,fruit etc. and drinking lots of water . I'm trying to loose 10-15 lbs by 01 August , and 50lbs by Dec 31 .

Plus I'm going to exercise more..

Good luck !

Alan dont forget that losing weight will improve your ETs :D

Super_Geo
07-18-2004, 12:08 PM
I remember hearing about some diet where you could eat as much as you want, whatever you want, whenever you want, didn't have to excercise, and you still lost weight! I knew some girls back in high school who tried it and although they didn't talk about it very much you could see it was working.

I can't remember the exact details, but it had something to do with a finger and the back of your throat.

fast95pony
07-23-2004, 04:27 AM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
dont forget that losing weight will improve your ETs :D

Exactly ! :)

JeremyD
07-26-2004, 01:55 PM
Start of with drinking lots of water.

2-4 litres a day. (This seems to be pretty consistant from all nutrition articles that I have read). Most people in North Americans are tend to be dehydrated which will lower your metabolism. Chances are you will see some results after a couple weeks of doing this. I noticed I did. It is tough unless you like water. But slowly ramp on it.

Avoid the 3 meals (or less) a day. Work on 4-6. 6 is preferable. Depending on what you eat this will keep your blood sugar stable. By Spiking your blood sugar you increase insulin production and turns the sugar into fat for storage (or something to that effect). In our modern world this is tough to do unless you work out of the house or can carry a lot of food with you. These meals should be smaller than what you would normally eat.

As for meals use moderation in what you eat. You don't need to cut out all bad things. But if you like white bread, alternate with whole wheat every other time. Skip the frozen food isle is something else that will help. Frozen veggies are fine but the rest of it is iffy. However if you want something there just limit it to no more than once or twice a week. Cook more food at home and freeze it for taking to work and what not. This way you know more what is going into your stomach. Many of the frozen dinners are loaded on fruitrose, sugars and other preservatives. You don't really need these. At least not in these quantities.

A balance of Protein, fat and Carbs is probably the best way to start. Restricting intake on one or two groups might work but that is hard to say. Just watch the saturated fats. Once you are doing this regularily pay attention to how you are losing weight or if you are. I would suggest to skip the scale and use a tape measure. Far more relevant. A lot of diet is trial and error. You can use the ideas of the more prominent diet plans out there but they might not work for you. Everybody's requirements are different. I know of one world class bodybuilder that during his bulk phase takes in no more than 100 grams of protein a day. And another one consumes 1000 grams a day. Both are about the same size. But entirely different results. So experiment. Base your results on how you feel to. Not just mearsurements. If you feel lighter in step and you can move easier I would think you are on the right track.

Cardio is good for burning fat, but I would suggest adding weight program as well. Adding muscle mass to your body increases your base metabolic rate. So your body burns more calories even at rest.

Beyond that it is all trial and error. I don't think there is any one miracle plan.