PDA

View Full Version : Front Mount Cold Air Intake

Ridelikeme
07-14-2004, 03:21 PM
hey i was just talking to my cousin and he recently bought a dynamic auto designs front mount cold air intake.. the thing seriously looks like a front mount intercooler. he had an AEM intake on his integra before, and he said this new one not only sounds better but is better performing. obviously ud have to change the filter more but other than that has anyone heard any bad things about these intakes

jdmakkord
07-14-2004, 03:27 PM
Ahahahahhahahaha

Fucking GARBAGE!!!!!! lol

GTS Jeff
07-14-2004, 03:54 PM
wow thats as cool as spinner hubcaps.

EK 2.0
07-14-2004, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
wow thats as cool as spinner hubcaps.

dont hate on those hubcaps..I got you some for X-Mas Jeff...

ryder_23
07-14-2004, 05:09 PM
Add a whistler BOV and your all set...

Ridelikeme
07-14-2004, 05:57 PM
haha.. wow i actually didnt think this product was that bad, sure it looks a bit like an intercooler

but its pretty original and its not like its a hardcore rice mod, it could be if put in the wrong hands, but if u hid it behind some mesh, i think it would be a pretty cool intake

buh_buh
07-14-2004, 06:01 PM
if you want to advertise buy a banner

hjr
07-14-2004, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by Ridelikeme
i would still buy one... its not rice and its not cheesy its just different well your correct, its not really cheezy so much as a big heaping bowl of steamed rice.

illeagle
07-14-2004, 06:06 PM
buy some flat black paint and bomb that monstrosity

WGR4Pussies
07-14-2004, 06:48 PM
anyone with half a brain will know its not an intercooler. that one also rusts after awhile and it only has a hose going from one side, not to mention it get filled with this so fast. even if it was flat black and hidden, its still a POS.

finboy
07-14-2004, 08:23 PM
haha.. wow i actually didnt think this product was that bad, i dont think it looks much like an intercooler, and if u put mesh infront of it i think it would be fine....

i would still buy one... its not rice and its not cheesy its just different

it IS rice, it IS cheesy, anyone who puts it on their car should go out to canadian tire for the rest of there mods :thumbsdow

why is it rice and cheesy? you said it yourself, trying to make it look like you have an intercooler, GAY

Chester
07-14-2004, 08:27 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Seanith
07-14-2004, 09:23 PM
i saw someone with one before, and i instantly could smell the rice coming. i laughed and shook my head in disgust lol

WGR4Pussies
07-14-2004, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by ~$eanith~
i saw someone with one before, and i instantly could smell the rice coming. i laughed and shook my head in disgust lol

lol, thats funny, that you actually laugh at rice.

ryder_23
07-14-2004, 10:46 PM
^
I laugh at you because your too cheap to tune your car with your turbo :D

Originally posted by WGR4Pussies
any moron can tune, hahaha.:thumbsup:

Remember this one :D

now this

I thought it was my shitty basemap but it looks like a blew my head gasket.

even tho it might not hafta do with your tuning, its still funny

Ridelikeme
07-15-2004, 12:49 PM
yeah i guess it does kinda look.. well it looks alot like an intercooler, i guess it comes with a metal plate for the front, and it definately looks like an intercooler then..i still think thats a pretty cool idea though, looks like u would get alot more cold air front a direct flat feed

Originally posted by buh_buh
if you want to advertise buy a banner

and buddy im 17.. im not tryin to sell shit :poosie:

Scat
07-22-2004, 11:11 AM
Yesterday I saw this guy in a black EF hatch with something FAR worse. He had cut a hole in his bumper and had his entire cone filter for his CAI sitting there in his bumper, fully exposed. It must have stuck out 6-8". Not only was it fugly, but how the hell does he expect to wash his car without soaking the filter.
Stupid ricer

Chester
07-22-2004, 11:58 AM
ive seen him at race city, his car isnt really rice, theres just a huge filter sticking out of the bumper

rx7_turbo2
07-22-2004, 12:22 PM

but its pretty original and its not like its a hardcore rice mod
Sorry that was hilarious, I'm not sure it could get anymore hardcore ricer. And then you added this line
but if u hid it behind some mesh

Oh man alive what is this world coming to?

Seanith
07-22-2004, 03:27 PM
its pretty original and its not like its a hardcore rice mod, it could be if put in the wrong hands, but if u hid it behind some mesh, i think it would be a pretty cool intake

FYI these intakes have been on the market for a couple years.. so its not that they are original, its that no one wants them because they are ghey.

h22aseller
07-27-2004, 05:36 PM
yo, i have to agree, they would get dirty all the time, they look like you want to pose like you got a turbo, the intake tubing is so long and contorted that any power gains by getting the coolest air would be lost because it would have to go through like 6 feet of bendy tubing. just a thought, but i think you wanted our opinions because you thought it was cool because it looks kinda sorta like an intercool and wanted to see if people would bash it down.

7thgenvic
07-27-2004, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by h22aseller
yo, i have to agree, they would get dirty all the time, they look like you want to pose like you got a turbo, the intake tubing is so long and contorted that any power gains by getting the coolest air would be lost because it would have to go through like 6 feet of bendy tubing. just a thought, but i think you wanted our opinions because you thought it was cool because it looks kinda sorta like an intercool and wanted to see if people would bash it down.

GOD all you people with your REAL TURBO CARS! hahahahah :clap: performance wise you would probably loose with this rice mod! BLAHHHH, any one would know that it is fake!

WGR4Pussies
08-09-2004, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by ryder_23
^
I laugh at you because your too cheap to tune your car with your turbo :D

Remember this one :D

now this

even tho it might not hafta do with your tuning, its still funny

lol, you got me there, i cant believe i missed that one, at the time it was true, and i seriously thought my engine was blown, so you got me. :rofl: :)

Ridelikeme
08-09-2004, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by h22aseller

nah.. try again i thought it was cool because i have never seen one before...:thumbsup:

and for all of u who said im a ricer.. look at the cars i roll in, none of them are rice u dumb shits..no stock civics with fart cans here

Gonthro
08-09-2004, 04:35 PM
its a good concept if it actually works, the more filter surface area, the more airflow to your intake, makes sense to me... just a little big to propertly fit (and hide) in a small car IMO

Skyline_Addict
08-09-2004, 04:38 PM
looks like u would get alot more cold air front a direct flat feed

not exactly..

Seanith
08-09-2004, 05:07 PM

and for all of u who said im a ricer.. look at the cars i roll in, none of them are rice u dumb shits..no stock civics with fart cans here

ghey trucks that your parents own are better?

WGR4Pussies
08-09-2004, 05:25 PM
ownt!!!

Toms-Celica
08-09-2004, 07:21 PM

l am ricer

FYI: ACX is waiting for your dyno numbers in this thread:
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=54189&perpage=40&pagenumber=2

Toms-Celica
08-09-2004, 07:29 PM
Ridelikeme:
You also need the following to deal with the huge HP increase the FMI will give you.
BOV (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7915378261&category=33742&sspagename=WDVW)

WGR4Pussies
08-09-2004, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by Toms-Celica

I love man pudding.
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=54189&perpage=40&pagenumber=2

sorry, im too poor to afford a dyno. :)

TomTom
08-09-2004, 09:12 PM
who cares what it looks like does it perform better than a normal cold air intake, does anyone that is saying its rice know anything what so ever about it or just saying trash cause it looks like an intercooler, just curious

WGR4Pussies
08-09-2004, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by TomTom
who cares what it looks like does it perform better than a normal cold air intake, does anyone that is saying its rice know anything what so ever about it or just saying trash cause it looks like an intercooler, just curious

it doesn't perform better, all it does is get filled with dirt.

ACX
08-10-2004, 11:00 AM
Ridelikeme:
I love man pudding.
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread....mp;pagenumber=2

:nut: :angel:
/watches watch..

talonboi
08-10-2004, 12:04 PM
i always see a blue integra at supermody that has one

typhoonslippery
08-11-2004, 12:26 PM
water water everywhere ...

Skyline_Addict
08-11-2004, 12:37 PM
Ridelikeme:
You also need the following to deal with the huge HP increase the FMI will give you.
BOV (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7915378261&category=33742&sspagename=WDVW)

you can even adjust the volume of the "pssst".
incredible.

l/l/rX
08-11-2004, 01:27 PM
hey i was just talking to my cousin and he recently bought a dynamic auto designs front mount cold air intake.. the thing seriously looks like a front mount intercooler. he had an AEM intake on his integra before, and he said this new one not only sounds better but is better performing. obviously ud have to change the filter more but other than that has anyone heard any bad things about these intakes

i've seen this in magazines. but anyways negative effects of this FMCAI is that i would imagine it would suck water in pretty easily.