PDA

View Full Version : Chev. Suburban -vs- GMC Yukon XL

4NSICDR
07-14-2004, 04:57 PM
Or are they about the same?

Any feedback as to why one might be better than the other would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

freakin
07-15-2004, 01:15 AM
They're identical, other than the fenders, hood, grill, bumper, and badging. Same chasis, same body. Same goes for the Tahoe/Yukon/Escalade platform. Just pick which front end you like better.

ChiNoah
07-21-2004, 03:49 PM
...What about price? isnt the Yukon more expensive?

benyl
07-21-2004, 04:11 PM
GMC is trying to sell itself as upmarket of chevy.

Notice you can get a Yukon XL and a Denali XL, but there is not upgrade for the Suburban.

Mechanically, they are identical. The Denali has more HP and I think come standard with the 6.0L and full time AWD. I could be wrong though.

Between the Sub and the Yuk, there should be no real difference... maybe standard features and option packages.

4NSICDR
07-21-2004, 06:25 PM
Thanks for the info to all that posted.

I have decided to go for the Suburban because they do seem to be identical and I can get a moderate to highly packed suburban as opposed to a pretty much bare Yukon XL.

For instance, I have made a deal (sign papers tomorrow) on a brand new 2004 suburban with all leather seating, the chevy "safe and secure" package (side airbags and stabilitrac), one-year of onstar, 10-way power leather bucket seating with driver memory and heating and much more for $36,000 out-the-door including taxes.

For the same price ($36,000 out-the-door) I could not get a Yukon XL with leather let alone the "safe and secure" package.

I feel very good about my decision and the deal that I've made.

Again thanks for the input!

ffjames
10-02-2004, 05:33 PM
SAME DAMN TRUCK. DIFFERENT LOOK, DIFFERENT YEAR, AND NOW DIFFERENT MOTOR. THATS IT!