PDA

View Full Version : Airplane just hit the office...

fast95pony
07-14-2004, 07:56 PM
Our office is on the second floor of a hangar. We were watching a Beech King Air (8-10 seats ) being marshalled in . The plane turned to be parked and got too close to the wall . There was a big bang that I felt through my chair ,and the plane spun towards the wall,but stopped before the prop blades hit anything.
The last 6 inches of the right wing is badly crunched,and the hangar wall siding has a big hole in it.

Looks expensive !! :eek:

Too bad I don't have my camera with me..

/////AMG
07-14-2004, 08:01 PM
Damn! Think you can grab some pics later on in the week?
I wonder what it looks like. So the guy marshalling it in screwed up? What a son of a beech. :rofl: :rofl: haha, aww.

:nut: That was brutal lol. :tongue:

fast95pony
07-14-2004, 08:05 PM
The marshaller is fairly new,and isn't a "he".......

I'll try and get a few pics.They will need more than duct tape to fix it . :D

Focus
07-14-2004, 08:30 PM
Dude, what hanger do you work at...I work over at PLH...I never heard of a beech hitting anything and the airport is the center for gossip..... :rofl: I would love to see pics of it too!! Who does the marshaling for Coast Mountain Air?

/////AMG
07-14-2004, 09:18 PM
lol my bad, but I'm sure she did a good job at guiding the plane. :thumbsup: lol

fast95pony
07-14-2004, 09:22 PM
I'm in the Esso Avitat building.It wasn't CMA's aircraft.
The plane's now buried at the back of the hangar. Wonder why ?? :D

Kamen
07-14-2004, 09:24 PM
Please tell!
And pics :D

fast95pony
07-14-2004, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by /////AMG
lol my bad, but I'm sure she did a good job at guiding the plane. :thumbsup: lol

It wasn't all her fault.The pilot was taxiing pretty fast.It did a quick 180 turn and crunch ! She would not have had much time to react.
The pilot was the only person on the plane.He would not have had a good view of the right wing from the left seat,and the sun might have been in the pilots eyes too...

jfulton
07-14-2004, 09:26 PM
hey, im enrolled for sait's AME course in september..
Just wondering if u guys are ame's and if you could give me any pointers

fast95pony
07-14-2004, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by jfulton
Just wondering if u guys are ame's and if you could give me any pointers

Sorry, not me. I'm into flight planning, weather briefing,ATC routing info/overseas overflight/landing permissions,Customs clearance,fuel/hotel/catering/rental car arrangements...

:)

/////AMG
07-15-2004, 04:01 PM
^^ Damn!

LancerShelby
07-15-2004, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by jfulton
Just wondering if u guys are ame's and if you could give me any pointers Go to pawn shops to get some of your tools needed for the course!! Mastercraft, Craftsman, SK and Proto are other affordable quality tools. You don't need Snap-on right away as some may tell you. There will most likely be a "tool show" in the hanger during your first week or so where Snap-on, Allied and a few other tool companies come to to sell you guys your tool kit. I bought the one from Allied and still use all of it. And find an aviation maintenance job while you're in school, makes the course way easy. The course is easy if you have any prior mechanic knowledge and have taken Chem/Physics/Math 30/33 in high school.
Don't expect high pay, $10/hr while you're in school is about normal, about $12/hr and up once you're out. I'm freshly licenced and I make $22.25/hr. Once you have a job, you should be getting a raise every 6 months 'till you're licenced and normally you have to go ask for it.
I work on helicopters now and find it better than fixed wing.

ecstasy_civic
07-17-2004, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Focus
Dude, what hanger do you work at...I work over at PLH...I never heard of a beech hitting anything and the airport is the center for gossip..... :rofl: I would love to see pics of it too!! Who does the marshaling for Coast Mountain Air?

you work for PLH?? I work for ATS lol

you guys overfilled my JetsGo plane on friday, an hr delay:whipped: lol

I never heard about that either, and I was doing a Jazz charter over there the other day too.

Focus
07-20-2004, 01:36 PM
I wonder who filled the plane?? garenteed they caught serious shit!! Causing a delay is a big no no at PLH.... luckily I don't have to fuel planes so I don't have to worry about causing delays! :) Unless I decide to hit a plane with my Vac Truck! :rofl: Even then I would make sure it was a AirCanada plane :rofl:

turbo_equiped
07-20-2004, 01:38 PM
Dont you hate yourself at times like these, when you dont have the camera.:banghead:
shit!!...so do let us know what happened to the biatch!!!!
lol

talonboi
07-20-2004, 01:40 PM
did the guy get fired?

fast95pony
07-22-2004, 12:21 AM
Nobody was fired. The Pilot has the ultimate responsiblity . They had a marshaller at the wall,but the plane taxied and turned so fast ,they had no time to warn him. The marshaller had to duck to avoid being hit by the wing.

The plane is at the back of a hanger ,and the damage is covered up,so no pics..