PDA

View Full Version : C-town people

drox
10-30-2002, 08:22 PM
Anyone know any good places to have some body work and paint done in the calgary area? Relatively cheap but still good quality (it seems impossible to find...). Thanks to anyone who replies.

LaughingTiger
10-30-2002, 08:38 PM
I know a place, they do awsome work, base coat, clear coat dealership paint.... full car about $1700-2000, moulding's too..
They painted my friend 300zx nsx black, turned out very nice, painted my other friends 240 the new nissan blue....They did some body work for me and painted my first car 4 years ago..
They use really good paint, not that acrilic shit...

anyway give them a call.....Good deal auto 265-1422
4224a 16 St S.E............:thumbsup:

lsvetc
10-30-2002, 10:02 PM
Um try RPM. They charge about the same as everywhere else, but the quality of work is awsome!:nut:

max_boost
10-30-2002, 10:05 PM
Try Low Cost Autobody, about 37Ave NE/Edmonton Trail

buh_buh
10-30-2002, 11:34 PM
try Motive Action.

Maxt
10-31-2002, 06:34 AM
I can vouch for Good deal auto, they are a good cheap shop, I know Omar well..He painted my 4x4 and also did my employers El camino..
I also know Motive action well, and I wouldn't take a ten speed bicycle there for paint...Maxt

GTS Jeff
10-31-2002, 11:14 AM
ive heard good things about low cost autobody.

are u an edmontonian? only an edmontonian would call calgary "c-town".

Joe Malms
10-31-2002, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Maxt
I can vouch for Good deal auto, they are a good cheap shop, I know Omar well..He painted my 4x4 and also did my employers El camino..
I also know Motive action well, and I wouldn't take a ten speed bicycle there for paint...Maxt

with regards to motive action..it depends on who did your work
Only person i have experience with is Warren, and his work is very good.

4motion
10-31-2002, 12:37 PM
I have had some good experience with Dave Fox at Crowfoot Image. They are quick, honest, and stand by their work!
.:guns:

midship
10-31-2002, 01:21 PM
Dave is a nice guy but their work has gone down hill. I had my front bumper painted and they couldn't match the body colour. :thumbsdow I can see that with my untrained eyes. Paint were chipping along the lower moulding ( i have seen other painted their too and have no problem ).

I ask Dave one time to comment on the colour matching and this was what he said.

"Well, the paint colour does not come out the same on plastic and on metal. Go take a look at those new 2002 honda and Toyota their bumper does not match the body colour either"

Come on, give me a break! :bullshit: I could not see any colour difference on the 2002 S2000 or Civic. Also my car has unknown kilometers(9k) after a day of work there. The funny thing was I repaint the bumper on my CRX ( ex -car) and it matched perfectly. So I guess he now has some crappy painter in his shop. I will not bring my car back in the future.

Redlyne_mr2
10-31-2002, 08:14 PM
so which one of these would you take any of your own cars too...Maxboost..would you let low cost repain tyour entire bimmer if it needed it? Laughing tiger would you let good deal repaint your mr2..the search continues for me for a good autobody place...but ill be using dupont paint:thumbsup: none of that ppg

midship
10-31-2002, 10:13 PM
I think its the "professionalism" of the person that look after the job had a problem. :dunno: My friend had good experience with Pacific Auto/Autobody( in the NE around McKnight and Barlow) to paint his Celica All-trac. They usually do stuffs for dealers in town. ( the one that I know of is Cayon Creek Toyota)

I was told that guy drive AE86 with ~160HP.

Maxt
10-31-2002, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by Joe Malms

with regards to motive action..it depends on who did your work
Only person i have experience with is Warren, and his work is very good.
To be honest I don't know Warren, I know the general manager though and the Lead mechanic, and have known them for a long time..
They were the ones who dicked me around on my TII safety inspection, running up a 4000.00 estimate to make it road worthy according to them.
I had a second opinion done on the car, by a guy who only does inspections for a living, who passed my car with no real faults found, and no repairs required, he also wanted me to lodge a complaint with the motor vehicles department against motive action for their questionable inspection practises, I decided to just let it go, and never to deal there again..Maxt...

driz6
11-01-2002, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by midship
Dave is a nice guy but their work has gone down hill. I had my front bumper painted and they couldn't match the body colour. :thumbsdow I can see that with my untrained eyes. Paint were chipping along the lower moulding ( i have seen other painted their too and have no problem ).

I ask Dave one time to comment on the colour matching and this was what he said.

"Well, the paint colour does not come out the same on plastic and on metal. Go take a look at those new 2002 honda and Toyota their bumper does not match the body colour either"

Come on, give me a break! :bullshit: I could not see any colour difference on the 2002 S2000 or Civic. Also my car has unknown kilometers(9k) after a day of work there. The funny thing was I repaint the bumper on my CRX ( ex -car) and it matched perfectly. So I guess he now has some crappy painter in his shop. I will not bring my car back in the future.

The painter at Image used to be Duke hes gone now. I dont know who they are using now but Duke was awesome he paited my car and did a great job.

Taloness
11-01-2002, 04:26 PM
If you talk to Murray at 'Assured Autobody' he is very reasonable, and the work is top notch.

Ph: 276-5745
@ 1, 3935 - 3A Street NE

Paula

Rydog
11-01-2002, 05:30 PM
Contemporary Coachworks is fixing my car as we speak, but I'm not sure that you would call them on the cheap side...

drox
11-01-2002, 05:36 PM
Btw Taloness thanks for the bumper, dont remember if I ever thanked you :nut: