PDA

View Full Version : MOVE in your cars...storm

JordanLotoski
07-15-2004, 07:31 PM
sevre storm warning is in effact for calgary and surrpunding area...they said golf ball sized hail...that cant be good for any car

KoukiS14
07-15-2004, 07:33 PM
cmon, new paint job ;)

Chris88CL
07-15-2004, 07:41 PM
Damnit, and I was just finishing up the bodywork on my car yesterday.

tulit
07-15-2004, 07:52 PM
cmon, new paint job
I just moved my car outside. ;) j.k

kiwi
07-15-2004, 07:55 PM
Yup! There might be a tornado coming! Run for your lives!!! :eek:

fast95pony
07-15-2004, 08:03 PM
I drove the Stang to work tonight.D'OH !!

:banghead:

The radar looks really ugly ! :(

Ichigo
07-15-2004, 08:20 PM
Damn I got no Garage.. Time to stand out there with a helmet and a tennis raquet.. come on hail!!!:cry:

A_3
07-15-2004, 08:26 PM
It's not as bad as they said it would be, i'm here at Glen Eagles of Cochrane where they said it was supposed to hit worst (Tornada warning, golf ball sized hail etc...) Never saw any hail bigger then pea sized ones and heavy rain lasted 45 minutes. It is an awesome storm to watch though, the lightening is amazing. Just to be careful I moved my car under the covered drive-in part of the club house as to not let it get hurt :D .

P.S. sun shinning now :thumbsup:

illeagle
07-15-2004, 08:31 PM
This weather fucking blows.. Will it be like this all Friday + weekend?

saiyajin
07-15-2004, 08:33 PM
weekends supposed to be lookin great 30 for saturday and 31 for sunday ...sunny both days :thumbsup:

Toms-Celica
07-15-2004, 08:39 PM
UPDATE FROM BONAVISTA:
PEA SIZED HAIL, WIND GUSTS BETWEEN 70-100 KM-H

izzoblitzo
07-15-2004, 08:41 PM
I LOVE the rain... so frikkin cool! well.. I like the rain better than being a roasted chicken outside. :tongue:

Springbank Hill: pea sized hail, puddles ankle deep... nonstop rain... gutters pouring like crazy.

still fun to watch!

A_3
07-15-2004, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by saiyajin
weekends supposed to be lookin great 30 for saturday and 31 for sunday ...sunny both days :thumbsup:

:werd: weekend should be great, hot weather is what is creating these damn storms. Just talked to gf's dad, supposed to be "one hell of a storm" up in the south west, maybe it just skirted us here in Cochrane :dunno:

Toms-Celica
07-15-2004, 08:43 PM
UPDATE FROM BONAVISTA:
HAIL SIZE HAS INCREASED (SMALL ROCKS), POWER IN AND OUT

88CRX
07-15-2004, 08:44 PM
i just moved my car as close to the roof overhand as possible.... no room in the garage :(

jus_sum_guy
07-15-2004, 08:46 PM
No t.v. here in crescent hieghts. signals out :cry:

BigBanana
07-15-2004, 08:53 PM
It's alright so far in Edgemont. It's pouring but the suns out.
Calgary's weird.

xDiMSuMx
07-15-2004, 09:00 PM
hope everyone's inside safe

i'm working at chinook and it's flooding right now from Zellers
don't know how i'm gonna get home in my lowered crx
:( :confused:

hatetank
07-15-2004, 09:01 PM
phew, sube is safe.

finboy
07-15-2004, 09:01 PM
crescent area, was bad, not so bad now, hopefully the sun comes out

88CRX
07-15-2004, 09:03 PM
southcenter is flooding too i guess.... brother just called and said :banghead:

sexualbanana
07-15-2004, 09:04 PM
Fuck. Bad rain and flooding seems to follow me everywhere

Z_Fan
07-15-2004, 09:05 PM
We got marble sized hail in McKenzie Towne. Not a lot of it, but enough that it will have caused minor damage to vehicles. (Little marks, not big ones). There were a very few hail pieces that were about twice the size of a marble, those would definitely do damage...

I tried to protect the cars. The POS car was left out completely. I'll look at it tomorrow and see how bad it is. But it's a chev, so who fucking cares? :dunno:

cman
07-15-2004, 09:05 PM
brentwood is just raining like a mother fucker so far.
why did the storm start after i said i would pick up the pizza:banghead:

kiwi
07-15-2004, 09:20 PM
Everything's clear over here in Varsity now... hee hee
it wasn't as bad as they said it would be... I don't even think it hailed!

Toms-Celica
07-15-2004, 09:24 PM
Bonavista clear, street flooded a little.

xDiMSuMx
07-15-2004, 09:38 PM
just got home
area around chinook was a little crazy

i work at the Shaw Cable stand in Chinook
water flooded in from Zellers and it's all over that area
my kiosk was surrounded by water haha
underground parking was full of water except where i parked
there were firetrucks and cops out around chinook

kenny
07-15-2004, 10:09 PM
In the SW, every single major intersection along 14th street, Anderson Road, etc was flooded to the point where police closed them. At 14th street and 90th Avenue (glenmore landing) there is an ambulance stuck in the water.

Its the day after tommorow...

rogue
07-15-2004, 10:11 PM
i was just a chinook and when i went in sunny and dry when i came out the parkade on the first level was above the tires in some place flooded bad. I saw either hakkola or zorroamgs car there DRY AS A DAMN BONE. I didnt know the damn place flooded i am lucky my CAI didnt suck that moisture in i saw water comin over my hood as i tried to get out of there.

GTS Jeff
07-15-2004, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by xDiMSuMx
just got home
area around chinook was a little crazy

i work at the Shaw Cable stand in Chinook
water flooded in from Zellers and it's all over that area
my kiosk was surrounded by water haha
underground parking was full of water except where i parked
there were firetrucks and cops out around chinook hey foolio, i work p/t at surftime wem...and we got flooded last week haha

GTS Jeff
07-15-2004, 10:22 PM
fawwwk calgary is getting it bad like edmonton last wknd.

finboy
07-15-2004, 10:24 PM
nice and dry up north now, finally time to work on my car :)

EK 2.0
07-15-2004, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by sexualbanana
Fuck. Bad rain and flooding seems to follow me everywhere

Originally posted by kenny
In the SW, every single major intersection along 14th street, Anderson Road, etc was flooded to the point where police closed them. At 14th street and 90th Avenue (glenmore landing) there is an ambulance stuck in the water.

Its the day after tommorow...

Guys, come on we are used to this...

Idratherbsidewayz
07-15-2004, 10:59 PM
Woodbine was terrible, some crazy hail. As soon as I saw the hail I felt it was necessary to go for a drive. Come on new paintjob!!!

sabad66
07-15-2004, 11:03 PM
if you have comprehensive coverage with your insurance do they pay for fixing of your car if hail messes it up?

Hakkola
07-15-2004, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by rogue
I saw either hakkola or zorroamgs car there DRY AS A DAMN BONE.

That was me, haha, I have the money parking spot, it never fails me. When I walked into the underground parking and saw the flooding I was like, "oh fuck," but there wasn't a drop of water near my car :D

It's really crazy inside the mall by Zellers like Dim Sum said, I had to walk by his booth, the area nearby is flooded quite nicely.

As for hail, I didn't see much until I saw the piles of hail in my neighbourhood, one of the fields near by was steaming, it was an interesting site.

Anyway, I kind of enjoy these storms as long as there isn't much damage, hopefully no one on the forums had any damage done to their cars...

Phats
07-15-2004, 11:17 PM
haha, gotta love calgary, the house flooded a bit and the backyards a mess, my moms pissed. I have some pics of one intersection near my house in Bonavista, I'll post them in a bit

Idratherbsidewayz
07-15-2004, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by sabad66
if you have comprehensive coverage with your insurance do they pay for fixing of your car if hail messes it up?

Our old Honda civic had comprehensive and we got two full paintjobs courtesy of mother nature...

rogue
07-15-2004, 11:21 PM
hakkola i must say your car is the shit soooooooooooooo nice. My buddy a benz fanatic was with me and he had to change his underwear when he saw your car. I circled a couple of times to check it but didnt get out so i wouldnt look suspicious:D . Is that stock paint or did you get that painted somewhere? :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

kenny
07-15-2004, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by CycloneAWD
Guys, come on we are used to this...

:rofl: Hey I navigated through 3 "lakes" on my way home from work and I made it alright! haha I'm getting quite experienced driving through crazy floods :) :thumbsup:

sexualbanana
07-15-2004, 11:27 PM

:rofl: Hey I navigated through 3 "lakes" on my way home from work and I made it alright! haha I'm getting quite experienced driving through crazy floods :) :thumbsup:

Damn navi.

blitz
07-15-2004, 11:30 PM
Who needs a car cover?

Kobe
07-15-2004, 11:37 PM
Got pic of southcenter flooded and richmond flooded..but its to big..and i dont got adobe installed...:(

ryder_23
07-15-2004, 11:45 PM
I have a movie, and me stuck for 30minutes because i was surrounded by lakes....also have video of people being idiots and driving threw the lakes, then hydrolocking there engines and on the side of the road stalled....and i have some footage of a jeep that got stuck in water/mud/hail, up to its windows, firefighters had to walk up to it with water up to their shoulders...

if anyone wants to host it, i could send em the video to put up :thumbsup: if not, i could try takin some ghetto pictures ....

Kobe
07-15-2004, 11:53 PM
pic of richmond hill

Phats
07-16-2004, 12:08 AM
finally got some pics up, this is the end of my street in Bonavista after the flooding went down, I guess a bunch of cars got stuck before I got home. Sorry for the crappy pics but I suck at photo taking.
http://members.shaw.ca/turnerbill/hail4.jpg
http://members.shaw.ca/turnerbill/hail5.jpg
http://members.shaw.ca/turnerbill/hail6.jpg
http://members.shaw.ca/turnerbill/hail7.jpg
http://members.shaw.ca/turnerbill/hail8.jpg
http://members.shaw.ca/turnerbill/hail9.jpg

Hakkola
07-16-2004, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by rogue
hakkola i must say your car is the shit soooooooooooooo nice. My buddy a benz fanatic was with me and he had to change his underwear when he saw your car. I circled a couple of times to check it but didnt get out so i wouldnt look suspicious:D . Is that stock paint or did you get that painted somewhere? :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Paint is stock except on the kit where instead of painting it the grey that the bottom panels come in it was painted to match the rest of the car. The paint actually needs a little bit of work...

Thanks for the compliments.

b16Ateg
07-16-2004, 12:48 AM
my buddies condo.. over in richmond.. south of mount royal.. the front always fluds and it leaks inside the place.. and today it came all the way in .. when down the halls and through 2 ppls place on the bottom floor shitt for them.. and the water leaked down into the underground parkade... and right on top of my car.. a small ass pipe was leaking like hell thank god it didn't burst over my car and find a pipe on top of it...

CKY
07-16-2004, 12:53 AM
not much at stampede recept a little bit of rain:)

bigboom
07-16-2004, 01:01 AM
i got stuck on crowchild for an hour waiting for the lake to go away...then i got a $115 ticket for driving on the grass, my fault completely so i dont mind so much :rolleyes:

EK 2.0
07-16-2004, 09:02 AM

Job well done Jaques Cousteau...:rofl:

But stop bogarting all the puddles...

/////AMG
07-16-2004, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by ryder_23
I have a movie, and me stuck for 30minutes because i was surrounded by lakes....also have video of people being idiots and driving threw the lakes, then hydrolocking there engines and on the side of the road stalled....and i have some footage of a jeep that got stuck in water/mud/hail, up to its windows, firefighters had to walk up to it with water up to their shoulders...

if anyone wants to host it, i could send em the video to put up :thumbsup: if not, i could try takin some ghetto pictures ....

Is it compressed? How big is the file?

sabad66
07-17-2004, 02:28 AM
Originally posted by Idratherbsidewayz

Our old Honda civic had comprehensive and we got two full paintjobs courtesy of mother nature...

Really? And did you rates go up after that?

dezmarez
07-17-2004, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by blitz
Who needs a car cover?

haha thats awesomeee
what kinda car were u protecting?

GTS Jeff
07-17-2004, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by dezmarez

haha thats awesomeee
what kinda car were u protecting? mazda 3