PDA

View Full Version : "Ricer" ?

treg50
10-30-2002, 09:37 PM
So, um, what is your definition of "ricer" anyway? Hey, look right below my name, that's right... "newbie" so bear with me!! :D

From what I can gather it's basically someone who's all show and no go. Like stickers everywhere; toy-ass, glaring, blue, non-funtional "fog-lights"; noise-fag muffler tip on a stock exhaust system. What if the guy has a euro-mobile that's all show no go? Is he a ricer by this definition? Or is there a food name that covers Euro-car making nations? "Schnitzeller" (German beef), potato-boy, wheat-boy, etc.?

Or is it 'cause the person's car is Japanese/Korean/etc.? Some dudes on here have sweet RX-7s, Skylines, and Supras, are they ricers just 'cause their cars are Japanese? 'Cause those cars rock.

:dunno: :burnout:

Ekliptix
10-30-2002, 09:53 PM
Mods that are of poor taste. Usually products that are all show and no go(not functional). Very opinionated.

ie. altezza's

Domestics can be "riced" as well.

Weapon_R
10-30-2002, 10:03 PM
You'll find a million definitions of rice on this board. It has come to the point where anyone who dislikes a certain car mod labels it as being rice. The ORIGINAL meaning of rice is basically what you said:

Fart can mufflers on stock piping cuz too cheap to buy a catback
Stickers of mods that aren't even there
Things done to a car to make it look fast although its not

Too hard to come up with a central definition :)

Blue Devil 2
10-30-2002, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by treg50
So, um, what is your definition of "ricer" anyway? Hey, look right below my name, that's right... "newbie" so bear with me!! :D

From what I can gather it's basically someone who's all show and no go. Like stickers everywhere; toy-ass, glaring, blue, non-funtional "fog-lights"; noise-fag muffler tip on a stock exhaust system. What if the guy has a euro-mobile that's all show no go? Is he a ricer by this definition? Or is there a food name that covers Euro-car making nations? "Schnitzeller" (German beef), potato-boy, wheat-boy, etc.?

Or is it 'cause the person's car is Japanese/Korean/etc.? Some dudes on here have sweet RX-7s, Skylines, and Supras, are they ricers just 'cause their cars are Japanese? 'Cause those cars rock.

:dunno: :burnout:

"blue" what do you mean? blue=rice ??? i dont understand??
I think RICE has become a very overused term that has lost all meaning it might of had at one point. These days, if your car has 4 wheels it's rice...so, maybe it's time to move past this word, and onto something new...

Strider
10-30-2002, 10:26 PM
anything added to a car to make it appear faster to uninformed people ie Type r badges, aluminum wings, etc

other "mods" including altezzas, blue washer LEDs, etc are just bad taste

treg50
10-30-2002, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by Blue Devil 2
"blue" what do you mean? blue=rice ??? i dont understand??

I'm still trying to understand "ricer." I'm so used to seeing those blue "toy" fog-lights which are so bright/glaring and annoying to every other driver on the road. You know those cheap one's that serve no other purpose than to blind people and, I'm guessing, to draw attention. They do jack-nothing for the driver in fog for sure. Most "toy" fog-lights I see are blue or bluish-white.

Originally posted by Ekliptix
Mods that are of poor taste. Usually products that are all show and no go(not functional). Very opinionated.

ie. altezza's

That's one thing I hate too. For example, the only car that should have altezza's is a friggin' Toyota Altezza/IS300! (I love the IS300, L-Tuned :drool: ) NOT a Civic, Neon, or anything else! :banghead: Its just bad style, I also don't think its original... just my opinion.

drox
10-30-2002, 11:20 PM
Thats the problem, ricetezzas are available for ANYTHING.

drox
10-30-2002, 11:20 PM
I remember back in the day when altezzas were rare, and were cool at one point.

ninjak84
10-31-2002, 01:03 AM
"Rice" is a judgement word, and I despise it.
Someone calls another car rice if they don't like it, plain and simple.

James
10-31-2002, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by drox
I remember back in the day when altezzas were rare, and were cool at one point.

yeah , and that wasnt even that long ago, then BAM, everyone has them!:thumbsdow ....and they got extremely tacky

shadowz
10-31-2002, 02:18 AM
Ahhh not again

ancient
10-31-2002, 02:21 AM
Over played, your joke is old son.

GTS Jeff
10-31-2002, 02:37 AM

:dunno: :burnout: i think only rednecks refer to race when they say ricer.

three.eighteen.
10-31-2002, 09:53 AM

"blue" what do you mean? blue=rice ???

he's just trying to call you the rice-devil;)

Ben
10-31-2002, 10:07 AM
I have moved passed the "rice" word just because it seems that more Domestics now a days are being so called "riced out" over the imports, for example, cavaliers, neons, sunfires. These cars are bastardized day in day out, far more IMO than the ludes, tegs and civics.

I usually just call it whatever comes to mind, usually random insulting words ending in a noun, because sometimes it is just sad, and I cannot fathom how someone would find that a desirable modification on a drawing let alone a car...sometimes the bubtle shake of the head is all one needs...

Blue Devil 2
10-31-2002, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by three.eighteen.

he's just trying to call you the rice-devil;)

hahahaha, that's what I was afraid of...

4motion
10-31-2002, 12:45 PM
I am so tired of seeing all of these Sunfires and Cavaliers all macked out, with no balls trying to pull off something special. I realize that not everyone can afford a cool car, but just let it be.

let's bow our heads for theses poor souls.

Blue Devil 2
10-31-2002, 12:51 PM
im not bowing my head, there some nice sunfires and cavaliers I don't care if they're domestic...

I'm bowing my head to your 1 track mind, no offence, I guess we are entitled to our opinions...

GTS Jeff
10-31-2002, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by 4motion
I am so tired of seeing all of these Sunfires and Cavaliers all macked out, with no balls trying to pull off something special. I realize that not everyone can afford a cool car, but just let it be.

let's bow our heads for theses poor souls. fuck that! those same people that try hoppin up their cavys are usually the same bastard drivers that swerve all over the place driving like assholes! i cant stand that!

Blue Devil 2
10-31-2002, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by Jeff TYPE R
fuck that! those same people that try hoppin up their cavys are usually the same bastard drivers that swerve all over the place driving like assholes! i cant stand that!

That could be anyone though, not just cavalier drivers (i dont drive one by the way).... people that do drive like that are assholes none the less. Calgary roads are becoming so shitty and congested it's hard to drive like that anyways:D

HillBilly
10-31-2002, 03:25 PM
The car on the right hand side of my sig is RICE. And I love it......

GTS Jeff
10-31-2002, 04:40 PM

That could be anyone though, not just cavalier drivers (i dont drive one by the way).... people that do drive like that are assholes none the less. Calgary roads are becoming so shitty and congested it's hard to drive like that anyways:D ok yea, point taken. i know that anyone can drive that way...but im not making my comments based on the fact i dont like cavaliers, im commenting based on what i see. and unfortunately, most of the time, its a cavalier cutting everyone off and acting like hot shit weaving thru everyone on the highway.

treg50
10-31-2002, 11:00 PM
ok yea, point taken. i know that anyone can drive that way...but im not making my comments based on the fact i dont like cavaliers, im commenting based on what i see. and unfortunately, most of the time, its a cavalier cutting everyone off and acting like hot shit weaving thru everyone on the highway.

For me, I see a lot of god damned previous model Corollas (those stupid beige ones!) and Civics thinking they're important driving like they're from another country with no regard for Canadian traffic morés, common courtesy, and other drivers. Previous model Camrys too, come to think of it...
:dunno:

GTS Jeff
11-01-2002, 01:24 AM

For me, I see a lot of god damned previous model Corollasnah thats just eric haha

CloudLight
11-01-2002, 06:31 PM
ok yea, point taken. i know that anyone can drive that way...but im not making my comments based on the fact i dont like cavaliers, im commenting based on what i see. and unfortunately, most of the time, its a cavalier cutting everyone off and acting like hot shit weaving thru everyone on the highway.

rut-roh...I think I drive like that :dunno:

CloudLight

Mikko
11-01-2002, 07:15 PM
From my observations, it appears that 'rice' is the mainstream of poseuring.

A ricers motive is to somehow aquire a car that follows the trend and fashion of the larger group of people who don't know all that much about real performance and mechanics, etc.

This trend can be defined as..

1. Trying to achieve a track car look - the image of speed. This has little to do with real performance of the car and is mostly concentrated to huge rims (even so large they really hurt performance), lowered the car so much it gets horrible bump / under steer when cornering, etc. All for the image.

2. Trying to achieve the luxury look - the image of 'pimping', bling, whatever you wish to call it. Mercedes and BMW with their xenon headlights, for example.

So you can say that they appear to desire to modify their car for speed image and luxury image, often both at once (tinted windows on a track car, ridiculus interior). We call that being a poser, as the image of speed goes before actual speed.

So, rice = that which is useless or actually hurts performance but is still put on a car in order to give the image of speed.

I've seen rally car rice too. They put on a row of extra lights (usually) and who knows what else trying to come off as they have kickass rally cars.

Grand Damn
11-02-2002, 08:58 PM
i think if the part doesnt belong there it is riced

ie:type r on a civic dx or a type r spoiler on a neon

StangGT500
11-03-2002, 02:31 AM
http://www.beaterz.com/reviews/1000/p51_silver_bullet/silver_bullet_front.jpg

This should asnwer all of your questions.

szw
11-03-2002, 02:35 AM
NIce stang where you from?

Illusionsir
11-03-2002, 02:56 AM
Originally posted by ninjak84
"Rice" is a judgement word, and I despise it.
Someone calls another car rice if they don't like it, plain and simple.

i have never agreed so strongly! well put..

and who desides what "bad taste" is???
i agree with most of you, especially the picture above
but everyone starts somewhere.

5.9 R/T
11-03-2002, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by Illusionsir

i have never agreed so strongly! well put..

and who desides what "bad taste" is???

Only people with ricey cars would agree with that statement...

Redlyne_mr2
11-03-2002, 01:56 PM
Im a ricer you got a problem with that motherfockers

Blue Devil 2
11-03-2002, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by 5.9 R/T

Only people with an "OS powered, APC sponsored Mazda 323"
would write something like that...

5.9 R/T
11-03-2002, 02:17 PM

Only people with an "OS powered, APC sponsored Mazda 323"
would write something like that...

Now are you making fun of me because I drive a crappy car, or because you actually think I'm sponsored by APC? If it's the first reason, your right, I shouldn't make fun of someone elses car when i drive that POS. But I'm driving the Type R/T right now and havent changed "what I drive" yet. If it's the second reason, well, what can I say, your on crack if you actually think i would drive something sponsored by APC. My orginal post was meant as a joke, I bug illusion all the time about driving rice, he bugs me about driving domestic. So my advice to you is to lose the RICED out skyline in your sig and mind your own business! :thumbsup:

Blue Devil 2
11-03-2002, 02:20 PM

Now are you making fun of me because I drive a crappy car, or because you actually think I'm sponsored by APC? If it's the first reason, your right, I shouldn't make fun of someone elses car when i drive that POS. But I'm driving the Type R/T right now and havent changed "what I drive" yet. If it's the second reason, well, what can I say, your on crack if you actually think i would drive something sponsored by APC. My orginal post was meant as a joke, I bug illusion all the time about driving rice, he bugs me about driving domestic. So my advice to you is to lose the RICED out skyline in your sig and mind your own business! :thumbsup:

hahaha ok, i kinda like that skyline though...:dunno:

Mikko
11-03-2002, 02:27 PM
I like the skyline! Looks like a disco on wheels really. Nothing I could ever imagine someone actually driving around with normally much, or racing with. A pure strange disco showcar. Just imagine how many other disco accessories it might have! Like.. smoke dispensers - the heavy kind that hugs the floor

:clap:

Illusionsir
11-03-2002, 04:23 PM
ya to clairify everything, if you ever hear me and 5.9 arguing on the board, were doing it cuz were buddies, why do you think i riced out his truck?? its just jokes! we all ways meet up at night and laugh about the previous day on beyond....

in the mean time, HEY 5.935 Rice/Truck :poosie: think burning rad fluid.

Illusionsir
11-03-2002, 04:26 PM

Edit: only people with ricey :guns: trucks would agree with that statement...

http://images.cardomain.com/installs/223000-223999/223217_19_full.jpg

:rofl: :rofl:

ReMiXed lude
11-03-2002, 05:44 PM
I have altezzas, and I'm a "ricer". Why you gonna hate on me? Find something better to do seriously. If you don;t like it than don't put it on your car......geez.....I hate the hater comments. Everyone has their own taste right?:thumbsup: And I am more show than go....who cares?...:nut:
heehehhe

redec
11-03-2002, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by Stealth R/T
The car on the right hand side of my sig is RICE. And I love it......

I like the car on the left :D

5.9 R/T
11-03-2002, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by Illusionsir

in the mean time, HEY 5.935 Rice/Truck :poosie: think burning rad fluid.

All I can say is at least I never had to taste it!

BTW hows cookie nipples doin?

Illusionsir
11-04-2002, 04:10 AM
:rofl:

funniest part is shes here with me!!