PDA

View Full Version : Dealer discounts, on parts

ks32561
07-16-2004, 12:54 AM
Well I was with my mom the other day and we went to the local nissan dealership cause shes looking to buy a Murano in a few months. I figured that since my mom will be wanting to buy a $30k suv, I might have an oppurtunity to get some nismo parts at a reduced rate. I figured maybe asking if I could get a few parts at what it costs the dealer to get them, but im not sure if its a good idea to ask that. Can anyone help me to choose what to ask for, and what to say? Id like to get some rims, and maybe an exhaust or something.

sdubz
07-16-2004, 01:09 AM
don't expect any discount..at ALL

KoukiS14
07-16-2004, 01:11 AM
I doubt the dealer will give you much of a discount, regardless of how much you are "spending". Besides, Nismo is way overpriced from the dealer to begin with. You could probably find Nismo stuff cheaper online.

ks32561
07-17-2004, 12:23 AM
Figures, but there is more than one nissan dealership in my area. I dont know if it was understood, but to ask for the discount as a deal with buying the car. BEFORE actually purchasing the car.

T5Bird
07-17-2004, 03:43 PM
Sure they will do that for you.:thumbsup:
Scenario 1; They'll mark up all the parts 15% from retail and show you the "retail" price and then knock 10% off and show you "dealer" cost.

Scenario 2; They'll mark up all the parts 15% from retail and show you the "retail" price and then knock 15% off and show you "dealer" cost. Then they will work the final value into the price of your Mom's car.

Either way salesman are greasy and have no interest in making deals on parts to sell an SUV that they can easily sell to next person through the door.
Just my 2cents.

Canadian 2.5RS
07-17-2004, 04:07 PM
I mean really,

For you a 30k purchase is a big one but they sell that on a regular basis or they are not employed for long. Its not likely that you will get a great deal from them. They see you as just another sale that contributes to their paycheck in a small way.