bigboom
07-16-2004, 01:10 AM
pics of the street by my house...

bigboom
07-16-2004, 01:11 AM
one more

bigboom
07-16-2004, 01:12 AM
another...and now its bed time, im beat after using towels to soak up the flood from the basment. :banghead:

dezmarez
07-16-2004, 01:14 AM
holyyyyyyyyyyyy shitttttttttttttttt
ii didnt get ne thing up at my house

Ben
07-16-2004, 01:14 AM
thats frickin insane! WHat is with the weather in Alberta this year?!

I've recieved 20 calls already here at work in the last hour for down lines and data circuits...in retrospect, on a normal week of nights I might take 20 calls total.

ryder_23
07-16-2004, 01:18 AM
And i thought i got hit hard out here....geez...what part of the city is that from?

Ben
07-16-2004, 01:20 AM
Looks like woodbine/cederbrae area, bonavista? :dunno:

Phats
07-16-2004, 01:24 AM
It was similar to that on my street, had to spend at least 4 hours in the basement with a shop vac.

XylathaneGTR
07-16-2004, 02:29 AM
I live up in the NW...and it wasn't really anything at all.
It's been just like the past few days...Some thunder and lightening, dark clouds, rain, lots of rain, and then nothing.
NW got nothing at all.

2000impreza
07-16-2004, 06:21 AM
my car was parked outside on the street in woodbine SW through the whole shit storm... at one point i was told the water was up to the half point of the door :eek: .. by some mircle my car surrived through the whole thing with no damage except leaves and crap all over the one side. maybe the houses shielded my car or something... a few cars down the street didn't get so lucky... fallen over trees and crap... :nut:

A_3
07-16-2004, 07:02 AM
Originally posted by ryder_23
And i thought i got hit hard out here....geez...what part of the city is that from?

I dunno man... we got smoked in our area harder then I thought. Driving to work this morning at 5am, look out car window, see piles of hail along the sides of all the roads... through my tired thought process I thought, "WTF is it doing snowing in July" It looked like mid spring when half the snow has melted and half hasn't. Took me a couple seconds to catch on... yeah 2 hours sleep!:thumbsup:

Dave P
07-16-2004, 08:42 AM
You call that a storm.

Edmonton had a storm. thats a spring shower hahah

Gonthro
07-16-2004, 08:48 AM
i never got any of that crap... im in dover and all we got was some killer rain, no snow/hail at all.

QuasarCav
07-16-2004, 08:48 AM
Damn, I live in the S.E. and it was just some simple hail and above average rain.

I took my beater out and went puddle jumping.

rage2
07-16-2004, 08:52 AM
I had my camera all ready to take some killer shots, but we got barely anything up in the NW. Not even hail, just light rain.

I thought south weather was amazing compared to the north? :dunno:

/////AMG
07-16-2004, 08:59 AM
WTF. It was hailing last night? :confused:

I guess we got nothing up north, w/e I don't even notice hard rain when I'm a sleep lol.

bigboom
07-16-2004, 09:47 AM
that is oakridge, from what i heard some people on the street had basements flooded past their knees. we got off relatively lucky.

im glad i was in the NW during the hailstorm though otherwise hail damage to my car might have made me cry :cry:

rc2002
07-16-2004, 09:58 AM
That's the street I live on! We had 4 cars at home and only room in the garage for 2 so we got quite a bit of hail damage. Our fence even collapsed! :eek: That was the worst storm I've ever seen. I thought the windows in our house were going to break!

bigboom
07-16-2004, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by richardchan2002
That's the street I live on! We had 4 cars at home and only room in the garage for 2 so we got quite a bit of hail damage. Our fence even collapsed! :eek: That was the worst storm I've ever seen. I thought the windows in our house were going to break!

of course thats the street you live on...cant believe you slept through all the flood control we had to do in the basement.

KELSTAR
07-16-2004, 10:18 AM
Apparently Canyon Meadows was pretty bad! I am in Evergreen and we got covered in hail at my house. But I was talking to someone who lives in canyon meadows and they couldn't even see their gardens! they had about 2 feet snow/hail drifts on their lawn

Shaolin
07-16-2004, 10:20 AM
I'm in Deer Run and we got maybe 5 min of hail and a crap load of rain.. my boss is in chapparelle and she said her place got a bit of rain and that was it.. but apparently Southcenter just got raped with hail.

turbo_equiped
07-16-2004, 10:23 AM
wow! thats insane. over here it was nothing hardcore, just fast winds and stuff.

DannyO
07-16-2004, 10:25 AM
Woodlands got hit fucking hard aswell... went there to meet up with a friend, not thinking anything bad had happened from the storm (being I was in Mackenzie) get out to Anderson and all of a sudden pure whitenesss... :eek: Made for an interesting start to the nite

phat97yukon
07-16-2004, 10:42 AM
Im out in westhills, and wholy fawk thats all i gotta say me and my buddy were out checkin out the damage... hiway 8 towards bragg creek, no one was moving, like 6 inchs of hail on it... then the area on the back side of westhills was closed down almost every block that had anything to do with a hill was flooded out, i went threw one section that was flooded out, and the water was coming up over the hood of my truck, than some chick got stuck so we tugged her out... That storm was sick, i was actualy 30 NW of cochrane when it started and you could just tell it was goin to be a insane storm, as soon as i got back into calgary limits, they were sayin on the radio, transcanada was closed west of calgary and stuff about tornado watch's... So i was being smart and headed out to my buddys parents place out by calaway park to watch the storm * if anything crazy is happening i wanna see it * And i could have sworn that i was driving into a tornado... the sky was green, than went jet black,like i was driving in the night. than the wind was sooo bad i could barrly hold my truck on the road and the rain/hail was coming down so hard i couldnt see the end of the hood, i looked south of hiway 1 just after the old banff turn off and you could see the lower end clouds swirling.. :eek: i wish i had my camara or video camara with me for this tho.....

R34GTRVSPECII
07-16-2004, 10:56 AM
Holy Sh&t!

My wife and I where at Ranchman's went it hit. I was freaking out 'cause we drove the P5, but it turned out to be nothing like this (see pics above)! Anyways when we came home (around 11:00) there were car off the road all the way down Mac-trail we were like WTF!!! I guess these photos explane the problem.

Was anyone in Bridlewood during the storm? I check the other car and they seemed fine ?:dunno:

Dj_Stylz
07-16-2004, 11:04 AM
Crazy!!! Nothing as bad as that in the NE

403Gemini
07-16-2004, 11:11 AM
my bud lives by anderson and said it was crazy ass hail, his deck got filled with snow and a tree was gettin torn apart by the hail.

then down here in millrise i got light rain

thats weird. such a short distance and such an extreme change in weather

Chim
07-16-2004, 11:19 AM
Acadia drive down by the rec center was pretty much flooded. Pretty crazy, saw a Saab like 70% submerged in water. Sucks driving a lowered car in flooded roads tho, poor Sooby had to go through a flooded area 1.5 feet high on my way home :(

JAYMEZ
07-16-2004, 12:30 PM
Me and Ryder_23 got everything on vid cam.. awesome storm!

buh_buh
07-16-2004, 01:07 PM
haha I was at Warped Tour at Race City when it happened. That was pretty shitty haha. When I got home I went for a drive and I saw a couple trees that had fell on some cars. Crazy shit.

A_3
07-16-2004, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ_STi
Me and Ryder_23 got everything on vid cam.. awesome storm!

I heard, he was pretty pumped about showing me after, oh and something about a 6th gear in a prelude :D :rofl: ?

lutz
07-16-2004, 01:57 PM
Are you talking about hail ? (raining little ice balls)??

On the pictures above I just saw canyons, craters and glaciers. (Or an unfinished buildingset...)

Are the pictures from this planet? (I live in Europe, Earth)

Is the word "Hailstorm" really meaning "Hail storm"? Sorry for my bad english.

If it is what I guess, then... :eek:

Vtecpower
07-16-2004, 05:10 PM
Holy Shitt I have Never seen that Before in my Life :eek: I feel sorry For Whoevers Cars Were sitting outside during that storm

ryder_23
07-16-2004, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by lutz
Are you talking about hail ? (raining little ice balls)??

On the pictures above I just saw canyons, craters and glaciers. (Or an unfinished buildingset...)

Are the pictures from this planet? (I live in Europe, Earth)

Is the word "Hailstorm" really meaning "Hail storm"? Sorry for my bad english.

If it is what I guess, then... :eek:

Yep, thats hail for ya...oh and alberta weather...

edmonton just had it last week, except far worst...

looks like we might be in for more tonight...watch out people

lutz
07-16-2004, 05:31 PM
O. M. G.

I also think that's not normal for Alberta. That's shakin'n quakin' dangerously

rc2002
07-16-2004, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by buh_buh
haha I was at Warped Tour at Race City when it happened. That was pretty shitty haha. When I got home I went for a drive and I saw a couple trees that had fell on some cars. Crazy shit.

Holy crap! You were at that Warped Tour? I read that people were just braving it out in the storm because there was no cover there.

JordanLotoski
07-16-2004, 09:38 PM
man u poor people in the north....in the south i maybe had 25 paices of hail...:D

kiwi
07-16-2004, 11:58 PM
:eek: Holy smokes!!! Winter in July!!!
That's insane!

I'm in the NW, & I thought the NW would get it the worse... but somehow, it all ended up in the south! All we got was just a thunder shower, & it wasn't really that severe...

Celica4me
07-17-2004, 01:19 AM
I live in Braeside.......we got fucked over good!!!!

Hakkola
07-17-2004, 02:11 AM
Originally posted by MIWYFSHOT
man u poor people in the north....in the south i maybe had 25 paices of hail...:D

Originally posted by kiwi

I'm in the NW, & I thought the NW would get it the worse... but somehow, it all ended up in the south! All we got was just a thunder shower, & it wasn't really that severe...

:confused:

The pics are of oakridge or was it breaside, don't remember now, but this is the SW, I'm guessing the western part of Calgary took the brunt of it...

Ajay
07-17-2004, 02:16 AM
I'm up in the NW too and when I saw the pics on the front page of the Herald I was kinda surprised.

Usually us northerners get it rougher but it was no big deal in the NW. Little bit of hard rain and that's it. Only thing that happened at my place is both my satellites got a little disrupted by the lightning and hard rain and I didn't have any TV for about an hour!

buh_buh
07-17-2004, 02:27 AM
Originally posted by richardchan2002

Holy crap! You were at that Warped Tour? I read that people were just braving it out in the storm because there was no cover there. haha yea man. I thought it was kinda fun, i dunno. It was just raining when they ended the concert. The last 2 bands sets were cut short due to weather, and when they officially ended the show it wasn't really even hailing yet.

FoRn420
07-22-2004, 01:08 AM
i was in braeside when it happened, took my parents there in their PT ... they were scared, but no damage...thank god!!!
started raining like hell, then harder than all hell, then hail, then super hail...the back porch had about 1/2 " to go before it was under water and hail, the back yard was all white, no garden or ground...just floating hail...
left their house, got onto braeside drive, and thank god we were where we were, looked left, about 10' down, water...another probably 15-20", a minivan underwater...
we turned left and got the hell outta there, trees fallen over, drifts of hail, massive puddles
anyone know what happened on mac trail northbound? we were headed south and it was backed up like a sonofa bitch...
it was the wildest storm ever, especially being in the middle of it watching it waiting to hurry up and end so i can go home!!!
the world is dying, i know it, that's why the weather's either real hot or real bizarre...:cry: