PDA

View Full Version : Car wont start... gas and spark but no VAROOM!...

Gonthro
07-16-2004, 10:42 AM
so i bought a nissan (stanza with a ca20e engine) i was told the furl pump was hooped (actually it wasn't there at all) so i put a new pump in it and in know the car is getting gas (took the hose off just after the filter and got a shower) and i know its getting spark (jumped one of the spark plug cables) but the damn thing just wont go VAROOM!!! any other suggestions?

it just cranks and cranks, doens't even try to fire.

QuasarCav
07-16-2004, 10:48 AM
timing?

check the distrubutor and make sure it is around half on the scale.

ignition module?

You fix my beater and i'll fix yours! where in the city are you?

Gonthro
07-16-2004, 10:49 AM
lol, im in dover, im really not that mechanical with imports

(and no i dont have any welding experience or materials :D )

thanks for the tips, i'll hafta steal my brothers timing gun tonight and try that.

pr0
07-16-2004, 11:02 AM
I would say its the ECU.

QuasarCav
07-16-2004, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by pr0
I would say its the ECU.

possibly, have you checked the fuses?

All the wires are good, and the coil wire is good?

I live close to dover, If you are having no luck drop me a PM.

Buy some "quick start" and spray it down the TB, maybe just hasnt been started for a while.

Gonthro
07-16-2004, 11:09 AM
before i changed the pimp i used ether and it would run that way, so im thinkin maybe it just needs a little ether help, i'll try that tonight and go from there.

what would an ecu from the wreckers cost?

QuasarCav
07-16-2004, 11:11 AM
tell them it a "reverse bracket boosting device"

.25c

If you want to tell them it's an ECU then i think 10-20 depending on year and application.

rice_eater
07-16-2004, 12:39 PM
is the starter clicking or is the engine actually turning?

starter clicking>>charge battery /get boost
engine turning>>make sure fuel pump is wired up properly and fuel is getting to the injectors

to even suspect the ECU at this point is silly

Gonthro
07-16-2004, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by rice_eater
is the starter clicking or is the engine actually turning?

starter clicking>>charge battery /get boost
engine turning>>make sure fuel pump is wired up properly and fuel is getting to the injectors

to even suspect the ECU at this point is silly

read the original post, i already said it cranks, and it gets fuel and spark, but it wont run..

CelicaST-162
07-16-2004, 02:30 PM
Is the distributors timing correct? might be too advanced or too retarded. Open the timing belt-chain cover check if the sprockets or cam gears, are they at the right tooth?

Hopefully that helps!

Gonthro
07-16-2004, 02:40 PM
thanks, i'll chekc all this stuff tonight, just gettin some idea's right now, i was told the car ran before, and the old owner thought the fuel pump was gone, so he pulled it, and then sold thecar, so we will see if whats going on now... i gotta figure out how to use my brothers timing light tho

:dunno:

Gonthro
07-17-2004, 11:13 AM
ok so i did soem further checking and determined that all of the fuses are good... i have narrowed it down a bit

i swapped the ecu and that did not help. HOWEVER

i found a diagnostic mode thing on the euc and i put it in that mode. it gave me 3 codes, not sure what they mean

#1 - Idle Controller
#2 - Load Signal
#3 - Start Signal

any insight on this would be appriciated!

Gonthro
07-19-2004, 01:50 PM
bump, please help, i should also add that the car will run if i spray ether in the intake, i have swapped the ecu and it was no help, and i put a test light across the injector plug and the injectors are not getting power, please help meeeee!!!