PDA

View Full Version : I like my Arctic Alpines from Costco

Ekliptix
10-30-2002, 10:02 PM
14-195-65

$118 each including install. puncture repair while owning the tire. $50 cash back right away if you buy 4.

I've had them for over a week now. I went from a 55 series to a 65 for the winter. The 60's are $10 less each.
They are awesome on ice. I feel 5X as safe compared to my summer tires. No spinning or sliding unless on purpose. Highly recommended.
:thumbsup:

max_boost
10-30-2002, 10:06 PM
its like night and day, the difference between winter and summer tires!:thumbsup:

Impreza
10-30-2002, 11:18 PM
i got some too...best investment i have ever made...they r awesome!

Ekliptix
10-30-2002, 11:37 PM
yes, or your parent's card.

M68KACIA
10-30-2002, 11:38 PM
Same Here, but I wonder how fast would they wear out???
:confused:

89coupe
10-30-2002, 11:42 PM
I sell that same size tire and brand for $99.00/tire inc. GST right now ;)

2K255HP
10-31-2002, 12:23 AM
I had the Pilot Arctic Alpines ordered in by Costco
Put em on two nights ago after the snow fall
boy you notice a difference right away
the traction is amazing

first time ever purchasing a set of winter tires
Best investment ever :thumbsup:

GTS Jeff
10-31-2002, 02:38 AM
be careful with these tires! theyll wear away like nothing!

van
10-31-2002, 03:49 AM
Artic Alpines? Do they compare to those Nordic WinterTracs/Icetracs?

Ekliptix
10-31-2002, 01:10 PM
Just the card I believe. Or if you have a job, see if your company has one for employees. Mine did.

GTS Jeff
10-31-2002, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by szw
Actually I think alpines are supposed to have good wear, blizzaks are the bad ones.

Anyways, for the ppl who went to costco...can you use your parents costco card, or do you parents have to go? I have my parents card but they are out of town. well i know i went thru a set of artic alpines in one winter...

girlRACER
10-31-2002, 02:51 PM
I just put my Pilot Alpins on today and the service guy told me that those tires were really good on snow and ice and told me to try it out in an empty parking lot with snow and ice. I've only had them for about 2 hours but I'm not very impressed. I still slide but not as much...maybe I just drive aggressively and expect too much out of them...:dunno: ?

buh_buh
10-31-2002, 02:58 PM
I think aggressive driving should be kept to a minimal in the colder months. :D

GTS Jeff
10-31-2002, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by szw
Weird, i will watch mine. I heard on avg. they should last 3-4 seasons. heh it might have to do with my driving habits

89coupe
10-31-2002, 05:06 PM
The Hrated winters will not perform near as well as an S or T rated tire on snow or ice. They will perform better on dry roads but I guess that kinda defeats the purpose doesn't it? You should have contacted me about winters ;) The best performing H rated winter I know of is the Toyo Garit HT with Microbit technology ;) They have crushed walnuts in the rubber.

Originally posted by girlRACER
I just put my Pilot Alpins on today and the service guy told me that those tires were really good on snow and ice and told me to try it out in an empty parking lot with snow and ice. I've only had them for about 2 hours but I'm not very impressed. I still slide but not as much...maybe I just drive aggressively and expect too much out of them...:dunno: ?

kenny
11-01-2002, 03:24 AM
Originally posted by girlRACER

Should have went with the Arctic Alpins instead of the Pilot Alpins. The Pilot Alpins have a higher speed rating if you wanna do top speed runs during winter, but other than that the Arctic Alpins are rated higher by michelin. However, with that said, based on user surveys on tirerack, the Pilot Alpins are better. I wonder if its because the owners spent more and are justifying their purchase? hehe.

But wait until theres actually snow on the ground before you judge them, winter tires suck for traction when theres no snow on the ground.

http://www.michelin.ca/ca/eng/local/catalog/cat_07.htm

89coupe
11-01-2002, 09:58 AM
Thought I would throw in how much more aggressive the Toyo Garit HT's are compared to the Artic Alpins.

Toyo Garit HT
http://www.toyocanada.com/products/tirespicts/Tires_lrg_ObservGaritHT.gif

Michelin Pilot Alpin
http://www.michelin.ca/ca/eng/local/catalog/images/pilotalpin.jpg

Hipermax_d
11-01-2002, 11:03 AM
i bought my artic alpine from costco as well. bought 195/60 R14