PDA

View Full Version : 2006 FIFA World Cup™ Germany

Pages : [1] 2

/////AMG
07-17-2004, 04:51 PM
http://www.thefa.com/NR/rdonlyres/3F091354-D7E6-4D60-9AC6-C75603CBE23E/36490/BecksRooney_L.jpg
Wayne Rooney is joined in his celebrations by captain David Beckham

England jump five places
Thursday, 15 July 2004.
England have moved up five places in the FIFA World Rankings following their Euro 2004 campaign.

Sven's men lost out to hosts Portugal in a dramatic quarter-final penalty shoot-out last month, but victories over Switzerland and Croatia have made the Three Lions third highest movers going up from 13th to number eight in the latest FIFA list released on Wednesday.

Wayne Rooney inspired England with four goals and Frank Lampard hit three as we finished as the tournament's joint-top scorers with ten goals along with the Czech Republic.

They themselves moved up seven spots to sit behind Brazil, France and Spain on fourth.

But undoubtedly, this month's biggest risers were shock Euro 2004 winners Greece. Previously at 35th before the Summer in Portugal, the Greek's first ever tournament victory helped them up 21 places to number 14.

Rank Team

1 Brazil
2 France
3 Spain
4 Czech Republic
5 Netherlands
6 Mexico
7 USA
8 ENGLAND
9 Italy
10 Turkey
11 Argentina
12 Portugal
12 Germany
14 Greece
15 Denmark
16 Cameroon
16 Republic of Ireland
18 Nigeria
19 Sweden
20 Korea Republic

Thought I would let you guys know! Go England!
I'll try to keep the list updated.

I'm thinking the only reason USA is in the top 10 is because they have MLS, now.

Kid_a
07-17-2004, 07:06 PM
Go Netherlands!

turbo_equiped
07-17-2004, 07:08 PM
BRAZIL!!!
always on the top!!!

cman
07-17-2004, 08:51 PM
england of course:thumbsup:

Shaolin
07-17-2004, 09:04 PM
the world rankings are pretty pointless.. but it's still good for bragging right purposes and bookies :D

Dope Dealer
07-17-2004, 09:19 PM
Netherlands :thumbsup:

Gotta cheer for the homeland and the roots :D

C4S
07-18-2004, 01:01 AM
I still totally don't understand why stupid dumb USA is # 7 ! ???

because they always beat Canada ?? :dunno:

USA soccer is better then England ? better then Italy ? Garmany ?Argentina ?

USA sucks ! This a FOOTball not handball ! ( oops.. american think they use "foot" to play their football, right ? :rofl: )

SoSlowDx
07-18-2004, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by turbo_equiped
BRAZIL!!!
always on the top!!!

:thumbsup:

MR.TWO
07-18-2004, 02:57 AM
FORZA ITALIA

Weapon_R
07-18-2004, 05:01 AM
Italy will never be the team they once were, not in any foreseeable future.

Germany is a beat team as well.

This year it'll be France, once again.

Gainsbarre
07-18-2004, 08:25 AM
Go Scotland! :thumbsup:

Why are USA and Ireland ranked so high? :confused:

/////AMG
07-18-2004, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by C4S
I still totally don't understand why stupid dumb USA is # 7 ! ???

because they always beat Canada ?? :dunno:

USA soccer is better then England ? better then Italy ? Garmany ?Argentina ?

USA sucks ! This a FOOTball not handball ! ( oops.. american think they use "foot" to play their football, right ? :rofl: )

It not official. Every teams start playing in fall to qualify for the World Cup, theres still 2 years left, and lots of games to go. I doubt the US will make it.

Roadrage
07-18-2004, 04:48 PM
I'm pretty sure the US will be at the next World Cup. There's no one in the CONCACAF region other then Mexico that can give them a run. Consider the fact that our region sends 3 teams to the WC, that usually means the USA, Mexico and whoever is lucky enough to finish 3rd in qualifying.

The World rankings are pretty complex and is derived over how each national "A" team does in international tournament (Friendlies included) over the past 8 years.

http://www.fifa.com/en/mens/statistics/rank/procedures/0,2540,3,00.html

Team_Mclaren
07-19-2004, 12:48 PM
wow thats retired that US is in 7th.... they probably pay for tha spot anyway...or just threaten to take over FIFA or something,

CKY
07-20-2004, 05:52 AM
Originally posted by Team_Mclaren
wow thats retired that US is in 7th.... they probably pay for tha spot anyway...or just threaten to take over FIFA or something,
:rofl: :werd:

as much as i love the orange jerseys of netherlands they're getting old and germany is even older, and just like weapon_r said. italy has no chance of any major hardware, at least not for a while, when baggio and maldini was in their prime that WC was their best bet, but i don't think totti can do what it takes to carry italy nor del piero especially now that maldini has stopped participating in international events. what england needs in order to win something is to get beckham off the team (hargreaves all the way!!) and change their defensive mentality after scoring.

inawiJ
07-20-2004, 04:30 PM
its all about the spaniards there gonna do well in the WC their due for an amazing finish

max_boost
07-20-2004, 04:40 PM
Beckham will rebound in 06, Go England!!!

/////AMG
07-20-2004, 04:56 PM
He better, or he'll be hated by every single fan in England.
Just like '96 (was it '96?)

As long as he DOES SOMETHING!

CKY
07-21-2004, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
Beckham will rebound in 06, Go England!!!

has england not given him enough chances? the infamous blonde dye and that trip against argentina in 98, and the so very recent missed penalty just proves that all he has is an amzing touch with the inside of his right foot on a dead ball with nice grass.

/////AMG
07-25-2004, 11:43 AM
England break the box office in Vienna
23 July 2004

Austria's opening FIFA World Cup qualifier against England will be a 47,000 sell-out after all tickets for the Group 6 match were snapped up in just eight hours.

The September 4 match at the Happel-Stadion in Vienna will launch both teams' bid to qualify for the 2006 finals, to be hosted by Germany.

"A game has never sold out so quickly in the history of the Austrian Football Association," said spokesman Wolfgang Eichler.

/////AMG
12-14-2004, 11:38 AM
Beckham to quit England after Germany 2006

England captain David Beckham has revealed how he intends to bow out of international football after the 2006 FIFA World Cup finals.

The Real Madrid midfielder, 29, is eager to play on at club level for several more years, and he is set to follow the lead of club-mates Zinedine Zidane and Luis Figo by quitting the international scene in his early thirties.

Beckham told the Daily Star Sunday: ``I think the 2006 World Cup in Germany is probably as far as it will go for me as an England player.''

Beckham has won 76 caps and scored 15 goals for England, and although his recent performances have been criticised in some quarters, he remains a lynchpin of Eriksson's ideal line-up.

Like Alan Shearer before him, who quit England to play out the final years of his career exclusively for Newcastle, Beckham appears to believe that his performances at club level would benefit by giving up his international duties.

``I want to play on for as many years as people want to give me,'' he said.

``But when I start fading and the legs start getting heavy then I'll look to do something else.''

He has English company now in Madrid, following the summer signings of Michael Owen and Jonathan Woodgate, yet the former Manchester United player admits that he could still be tempted by a return to the Premiership.

``I've always said, `Never say never','' he added.

``There has always been the Chelsea rumour and that will probably stay there.''

--------------------------------------------

w00t!! See ya later Becks! :thumbsup:
IMO, he has done barely anyhting for England in the past couple of years, he better do damn good in Germany just because he's leaving. :clap:

Dave P
12-14-2004, 11:50 AM
Im torn between my roots haha

Go Scotland and/or Itallia

boostless
12-14-2004, 11:59 AM
go england of course :thumbsup:
but how r the US rated higher than england, germany, argentina and portugal?
:bullshit:

Shaolin
12-14-2004, 12:21 PM
one of my goals in life.. go see the final of a WC live..

saw the championsworld games in Seattle 2 years in a row.. 67000+ screaming english and scots under the same stadium was pretty crazy. I can't imagine what it'd be like in WC.

GO CHINA/Hong Kong. :D

Skyline_Addict
12-14-2004, 01:17 PM
what the hell...where's japan and china....
US and Mexico? WTF?
http://www.unodc.org/images/odccp/promotional_sports_nakata_big.jpg

hide owns you all.

ricosuave
12-14-2004, 01:19 PM
my money is on portugal or japan

Skyline_Addict
12-14-2004, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by ricosuave
my money is on portugal or japan

YEAHHHHHH!

Aleks
12-14-2004, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by Skyline_Addict
what the hell...where's japan and china....
US and Mexico? WTF?

hide owns you all.

I know not many people are fans of USA. But lets look at the facts.

World cup appearances:

USA 7
Mexico 12!

Now,

Japan 2
China 1

/////AMG
12-14-2004, 01:34 PM
Shit even Canad ais doing good LOL:rofl:

Skyline_Addict
12-17-2004, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by Aleks

I know not many people are fans of USA. But lets look at the facts.

World cup appearances:

USA 7
Mexico 12!

Now,

Japan 2
China 1

but how far back to the points go to? i mean, surely points don't count much or at all, from appearances 50 years ago. japan and china are both new to the world stage soccer team, and are the rising stars. korea too. the asian continent will soon be a force to be reckoned with lol ;).

el_fefes
12-17-2004, 08:24 PM
So who's going? I'm already planning my trip! It's going to be UBER :bigpimp:

/////AMG
12-18-2004, 05:12 AM
I'm "planning" to go, but have no job or money coming in, I guess I'll have to hitch hike to Germany lol, I should really get a job and save up for tickets atleast lol. I'm going to take a tour in the Porsche factory foist thing when I get in Germany.

Barking_Spidre
12-22-2004, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by el_fefes
So who's going? I'm already planning my trip! It's going to be UBER :bigpimp:

I really really hope I can go.. I'd love to catch a game.

liquid1010
12-22-2004, 12:32 PM
Watch out for GERMANY!!!!

I'll probably be going to the WC, so I'm really excited. Germanies team at the Euro-cup was all OLD verterans, and complete rookies.... so it was horrible. Plus they didn't have any deadly strikers. Now with the emergence of guys like Scweinsteiger, Lamm, and so forth.... this could be a really good team. Plus the home country always has the Edge.

Shaolin
12-22-2004, 01:25 PM
I think a lot of the tickets are sold out :dunno: they were saying something about one of the games sold out in like 20 minutes. I wanted to go, but I don't think I'll be able to.. I will definitely go to one.. probably 2010.

Kuranyi needs support.. they have no strikers that can do the job, Klose is crap, all speed, all head, no finish. Personally if Kuranyi is the best they can do, Germany will have a lot of problems scoring. Schweinsteiger's going to be a good mid.. Hinkel and Lamm are solid in the back, Ballack still has a lot left in him.. put Frings and Schneider in there as well and they'll have a pretty solid midfield, but they need strikers.. how many goals did Germany score in the Euros?

Same goes with Portugal, Pauleta is garbage.. only reason he won the scoring title a few years back is because he plays in France..

Italians have an awesome lineup, but for some reason they always choke.

England is pretty solid as well, their striker problem isn't as bad, got some very talented strikers that will definitely do the trick in the near future. They'll have Downing as well who WILL be an international very soon to fix the problem they've always had on the left.

I'm not going to pick a winner, although I think Brazil may very well win it again. I mean who would've thought Greece would win the freaken Euro :dunno:

/////AMG
12-22-2004, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by Shaolin
I think a lot of the tickets are sold out :dunno: they were saying something about one of the games sold out in like 20 minutes.

Are you shitting me? Fuck, I'm going to have to find out about this.

96Mx6
12-22-2004, 04:47 PM

Same goes with Portugal, Pauleta is garbage.. only reason he won the scoring title a few years back is because he plays in France..

Geez, finish second at the last major tournament, top of the euro division for qualifying, have the leading goal getter in Pauletta with Ronaldo a goal behind...and yet the disrespect.

:thumbsdow

Lets go Portugal!

Shaolin
12-22-2004, 06:08 PM
Nothing wrong with Portugal, I'm not saying they have a bad team, I'm saying they have a bad striker.. they have a bigger striker crisis than Germany.. Ronaldo's not really a striker, and he played awesome for Portugal, he was the anchor to that team for sure. Nuno Gomez will be a good up and comer, but Pauleta probably won't be an international to any of the bigger teams.

Skyline_Addict
12-22-2004, 08:27 PM
watch out for takahara, he's the upcoming play for japan.
and dong for china. :D

iceburns288
12-22-2004, 10:48 PM
GREECE REPRESENT!:D

Skyline_Addict
12-23-2004, 08:51 AM
Name your world team: here's mine.

GK: Buffon
DL: Ashley Cole
DR: Javier Zanetti
DC: Fabio Cannavaro
DC: Rio Ferdinand
ML: Cristiano Ronaldo
MR: Pavel Nedved
MC: Nakata Hidetoshi
MC: Francesco Totti
FC: Thierry Henry
FC: Ruud Van Nisterooy

Subs:
GK: Van der Sar
DC: Alessandro Nesta
DL: Roberto Carlos
MC: Inamoto Junichi
FC: Christian Vieri
FC: Ronaldo

Shaolin
12-23-2004, 11:25 AM
My World Team Would be.

GK: Gigi Buffon
DC: Rio Ferdinand
DC: Alessandro Nesta
DC: Walter Samuel
ML: Cristiano Ronaldo
MC: Ronaldinho
MC: Totti
MC: Pavel Nedved
MR: Steven Gerrard
FC: Van Nistelrooy
FC: Adriano

Subs:
GK: Petr Cech
DR: Carles Puyol
DL: Ashley Cole
MC: Deco
MC: Patrick Vieira
FC: A. Schevchenko

fast95pony
12-25-2004, 12:06 AM
I'll be cheering for Eng-er-lund :) , but I was very impressed by the Asian teams at the last Cup. They played very well,and the games were exciting to watch :thumbsup:

Sorath
12-25-2004, 12:49 AM
nakata > * but yeah GOOOO ENGLAND

DEREK57
12-27-2004, 01:47 AM
I'm cheering for Germany. I think they'll do well, I just hope Klinsman knows how to coach, and a homenation advantage never hurts. :D

Only thing that is a little disappointing is that it looks like the German up and comers are too young, it would be better in 2-4 years. :dunno:

el_fefes
12-27-2004, 06:32 PM
I think a lot of the tickets are sold out :dunno: they were saying something about one of the games sold out in like 20 minutes. I wanted to go, but I don't think I'll be able to.. I will definitely go to one.. probably 2010.

Kuranyi needs support.. they have no strikers that can do the job, Klose is crap, all speed, all head, no finish. Personally if Kuranyi is the best they can do, Germany will have a lot of problems scoring. Schweinsteiger's going to be a good mid.. Hinkel and Lamm are solid in the back, Ballack still has a lot left in him.. put Frings and Schneider in there as well and they'll have a pretty solid midfield, but they need strikers.. how many goals did Germany score in the Euros?

Italians have an awesome lineup, but for some reason they always choke.

England is pretty solid as well, their striker problem isn't as bad, got some very talented strikers that will definitely do the trick in the near future. They'll have Downing as well who WILL be an international very soon to fix the problem they've always had on the left.

I'm not going to pick a winner, although I think Brazil may very well win it again. I mean who would've thought Greece would win the freaken Euro :dunno:

FIFA will start selling tickets on the first quarter of 2005.

Skyline_Addict
12-27-2004, 07:06 PM
it'll be a while until I will be able to go to a World Cup...but hey, it's only every four years...maybe I can go to the next one :D

/////AMG
12-28-2004, 07:49 AM
yes 2005 tickets baby

Xtrema
12-30-2004, 09:29 AM
China dooesn't have a chance unless it's this team:

http://www.notcomingsoon.com/Images/ShaolinSoccerC.jpg

el_fefes
12-30-2004, 04:59 PM
I wanna see how Greece does after their win...should be interesting.

doublepostwhore
12-31-2004, 06:13 AM
Portugal, I wish india would rep with a team. Team PAKI the stench would bring them other teams to there knees... shit even bring disease.... All jokes aside, portugal or brazil... ronaldo owns me, althought italia holds a place in my heart... totti roxs my socks, amazing player, super quick, and I mean hes just so fucking handsome. PIMP

Will@STRD
12-31-2004, 07:52 PM
I hope England will win the world cup but...... Some players in the team always under perform or injured or suspended in the big stage. They need some luck to win.
but beside that I think Brazil is the real deal to win althrough South American team never won the World cup on European soil I believe

hyperwhite
12-31-2004, 11:27 PM
wow there's alot of soccer hooligans on this site. Go germany! even though they're older than the toronto maple leafs i still stand by them haha

/////AMG
01-01-2005, 05:55 AM
So when do the tickets actually go on sale? Anyone got a site, #?

/////AMG
01-01-2005, 10:02 AM
Eriksson puts Rooney at top of the world

Sven-Goran Eriksson hailed teenager Wayne Rooney as "already one of the best in the world" as he described his hat-trick on his Manchester United debut as potentially the most impressive individual performance of 2004.

Rooney may have ended the year amid controversy, with his shove at Bolton's Tal Ben Haim having earned him a three-match suspension.

However, Eriksson tipped the 19-year-old striker for even greater success in the New Year as he looked back at an incredible 12 months in which Rooney set the Euro 2004 finals alight with four goals.

"Of course he can be better and I'm sure he will be better. That says a lot about him. He's already one of the best in Europe - one of the best in the world, I think," declared the England coach.

"The great thing about him is that he can play first striker, second striker and, with United, he is sometimes also playing to the left now and doing extremely well. So he can play in a lot of roles which is very good.

"Maybe he's better when he drops off a little bit or goes out a little bit, but the quality he has he could also be a target player if Sir Alex Ferguson or I wanted that.

"It's very rare to see a young man with that vision of play because it's normally something you learn with the years but he seems to be born with it."

Asked to identify the best individual performance of the year, Eriksson highlighted Rooney's hat-trick against Fenerbahce at Old Trafford in September.

"One of them must be Rooney when he started to play for Manchester United. They played against Fenerbahce and he scored three times - he was absolutely fantastic. A better debut than that is very difficult to have," he said.

"He's an extremely good football player and we remember what he did in Portugal. It was [just] a pity that he was injured against Portugal in the quarter-finals."

Eriksson, who described Arsenal's unbeaten league run as the best team performance as "everything was a dance for them", would most like to change the result of the World Cup qualifier against Austria, which ended in a 2-2 draw.

He told the Football Association's website, www.theFA.com: "If I could play the Austria game again, I should be happy to do that, but I can't do it.

"We didn't play as badly as the critics said though. Maybe we didn't play at the top like we can do, but we should have won it. It felt like a loss, but that's life."

statick
01-01-2005, 10:27 AM
:thumbsup: Go England:thumbsup:

/////AMG
01-03-2005, 12:42 PM
Lampard leads
Friday, 31 December 2004.

http://www.thefa.com/NR/rdonlyres/676E7252-DB2D-4FDF-9F28-5375FC571710/47342/FrankLampard_vWales_L2.jpg

Frank Lampard is in the lead in our poll to find who fans thought was England's best player in 2004.

The Chelsea midfielder enjoyed an outstanding twelve months, and was a revelation in Euro 2004 where he scored three goals in four matches.

Even though he started the year far from a certain first-choice pick for Sven, Lampard played so well for both club and country that he virtually forced his way into Sven's starting eleven.

In all, Lampard managed to start 13 of England's 14 matches this year, scoring six goals and his efforts were recognised when UEFA included him in their All-Star Squad of Euro 2004.

Also included in that list was second-placed Wayne Rooney. The Manchester United man was undoubtedly one of England's stars in the year as was the dynamic Liverpool midfielder Steven Gerrard, who is in third place in our poll.

Voting is open until 20 January 2005 and you can vote for any of the 36 players used by Sven in the past year. To register your vote, click here.

Current Standings - Top 10

Posn. Player % vote
1. Frank Lampard 34.0
2. Wayne Rooney 25.2
3. Steven Gerrard 12.2
4. Michael Owen 5.2
=5. David Beckham 5.0
=5. Ashley Cole 5.0
7. John Terry 2.7
8. Shaun Wright-Phillips 2.0
9. Ledley King 1.3
10. Paul Scholes 1.1

/////AMG
01-24-2005, 11:55 AM
Alright boys, tickets go on sale on the 15 of Deb to 31st March (read artile), more go on sale afterwards. It's not a easy as just buying tickets, you gotta research especially if you want to go to like Englands games or whatever. Here's the article:

Global internet sales start: At least 1.1 million match tickets on public sale
24 January 2005
by FIFAworldcup.com

812,000 match tickets go on sale from 1 February 2005 in the first 2006 FIFA World Cup™ ticket sales period. "But we will release at least 300,000 more tickets for sale before 15 January 2006," announced German Organising Committee (OC) senior vice-president Horst R. Schmidt at a joint FIFA/OC news conference at the Hotel Kempinski Gravenbruch in Neu-Isenburg. "And we know from experience that many more will also go on public sale after that," Schmidt continued.

Click here for the Tickets homepage

According to the most up-to-date ticketing plans, the 12 FIFA World Cup stadiums boast a gross capacity of 3.37 million for the 64 FIFA World Cup matches. However, after taking away seats for VIP guests, the media, a security reserve and seats with restricted views, the gross capacity is reduced by around 440,000. According to the latest estimates, a total of 2.93 million tickets will go on sale.

The first of five sales periods begins on 1 February 2005 and ends on 31 March 2005, although the order in which applications are received has no bearing on the final allocation of tickets. "People should take their time, study the match schedule, and then apply within the given time frame. We're assuming demand will far exceed supply, so we will begin a ballot on 15 April 2005," Horst R. Schmidt explained. The ballot will be conducted electronically according to TÜV certified procedures in the presence of a notary public. Applicants who are allocated tickets will receive written confirmation indicating the number and category of tickets. Final seat allocation will be advised at a later date.

FIFA General Secretary Dr Urs Linsi explained the decision to begin sales for host nation Germany and the rest of the world simultaneously via the internet through www.FIFAworldcup.com. "The FIFA World Cup is a global event so ticket sales have to begin at the same time everywhere," Dr Linsi commented. To ensure as many fans as possible receive tickets, two limits have been placed on applications per household. The first covers price categories 1-3: a household may apply for a maximum of four tickets per match for up to seven matches. The second limit applies to the cheapest tickets in category 4, where a maximum of two tickets per application for up to three matches applies. The cheapest "fan category" includes a total of approximately 260,000 tickets.

The first sales period also features Team Specific Tickets (TST) allowing fans to follow their favourite team from the group stage right up to the Final.

In line with applicable regulations and contractual commitments, reserved ticket quotas are not included in the first sales period. This applies to FIFA member associations (205 in total) in general and the participating nations in particular, each of which receives eight percent of the tickets for matches involving their team.

Further substantial quotas based on net stadium capacities are reserved for the Official Partners and Official Suppliers (18.9 percent) and the TV partners (2.2 percent), whose licence fees constitute a significant proportion of revenues at the FIFA World Cup. "But what we know about the sponsors is that many of these tickets return to the fans by way of competition prizes," commented Franz Beckenbauer.

Later this year the German Football Association (DFB) Organising Committee will offer approximately 400,000 tickets to the so-called German football family - regional associations, first and second division clubs, fan organisations and the FIFA World Cup Host Cities and stadiums. "But our advice in the first instance is for people to apply for publicly available tickets," explained Horst R. Schmidt. Added OC President Franz Beckenbauer: "What I've said to everyone who's come up and asked me for tickets over the last few weeks is to get on the inter-net, because we can't guarantee tickets to anyone."

The 2006 FIFA World Cup OC and FIFA have established the legal basis for ticket sales in collaboration with the European Commission, the Federal Environment Ministry, agricultural and consumer protection agencies and data protection authorities.

With the exception of tickets won in competitions run by companies which are not Official Partners or Official Suppliers of the 2006 FIFA World Cup, tickets are non-transferable.

MasterCard is the official method of payment of the 2006 FIFA World Cup. MasterCard products are the only cards accepted for payment in the first four sales periods. Alternatively, payments can be made by bank transfer or direct debit. More information is available at www.mastercard.com/fifaworldcup.

FIFA and the OC have established clear priorities. "The fans are the defining factor at a World Cup. Our aim is to provide an optimal service, and we're hoping not just to sell all the tickets, but to fill the stadiums down to the very last seat," declared Franz Beckenbauer. Added FIFA General Secretary Urs Linsi: "The FIFA and OC Ticketing Sub-committee has laid down the fairest possible guidelines which we hope will work well and be widely accepted." With an eye on the financial situation, Horst R. Schmidt said: "We've calculated ticket revenues of €200 million which we need to balance the books. That's based on selling 90 percent of the tickets, although obviously we'll do all we can to make it 100 percent."

Prices were set in December 2003, beginning at €35 for the cheapest category at 47 group matches (different prices apply to the Opening Match), up to €600 for the most expensive category 1 ticket at the Final on 9 July 2006.

The tickets are totally forgery-proof. Tickets will be dispatched around six weeks before the tournament and feature an embedded chip including access data. Summarised Horst R. Schmidt: "We have an effective weapon in our efforts to put a complete end to touting." Personal data such as names will not be stored on the chip, which contains only access information.

el_fefes
03-04-2005, 09:17 PM
Has anyone applied for tickets? I did, I applied for me and a buddy just to make sure we get tickets for the same games! I'll know in April if I got any.

/////AMG
03-05-2005, 05:12 AM
I'm gonna order them last minute, not sure if I'm going yet or not...

cman
03-05-2005, 02:42 PM
i wont be giong, school and cashflow is low.
but ill be waking up early to watch all games i possibly can. at least it wont be as bad as Korea, going to bed at like 5 then waking up at 8 for school.

cman
03-05-2005, 02:43 PM
and incase you didnt know who i am cheering for.
come on England!!!

/////AMG
03-05-2005, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by cman
i wont be giong, school and cashflow is low.
but ill be waking up early to watch all games i possibly can. at least it wont be as bad as Korea, going to bed at like 5 then waking up at 8 for school.

:werd: Same situation here too man. If I can get enough money for atleast one England match I'll try and see if I can get a ticket with a friend or cousin, if not, then PUB we go! :thumbsup:

DEREK57
03-05-2005, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by hyperwhite
wow there's alot of soccer hooligans on this site. Go germany! even though they're older than the toronto maple leafs i still stand by them haha

Not the new team. Their national team in the tourny should have plenty of young players (especially strikers), actually too young.

Evro
03-17-2005, 09:41 PM
haha i know its outa the blew but.... GO SERBIA & MONTENEGRO,
i mean the potentials there, our team used to be amongst the best in the world, and for the last what 10 years its been a joke, this last year tho our juniors made 2nd in europe and much of the cocky and gready old stars (which were ruining the team) have been replaced by the younger more motivated squad,

currently they are first in their group (ahead of spain i may add)

so watch out fro SiCG, i hope they dont do shitty again in 2006
(they play against spain on the 30th i think)

PccccE

p.s. if not SiCG, we all know brazil has this :burnout:

/////AMG
04-07-2005, 05:20 AM
Anyone seen the New Home Shirts (England)?

They cam eout almost 2 weeks ago, I don't like them, they are ok just too plain...

http://www.sport-e.com/images/products/main/hg/hg960v57.jpg

/////AMG
04-07-2005, 05:21 AM
Heres a cool clip of Ronaldinho and his uber football skill.

http://perso.wanadoo.es/tsalarcon/pagina/elastica.gif :eek: :eek: :eek:

cbk4lyf
04-07-2005, 11:25 AM
:thumbsup: GO KOREA GO!!!

cman
04-07-2005, 01:36 PM
here is ronaldo ripping it up.
http://www.definitivegaming.co.uk/sites/Preston/Images/ronaldo.gif

/////AMG
04-07-2005, 02:57 PM
BAHAHAHAAH ^^ So true

shakalaka
04-07-2005, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by /////AMG
Heres a cool clip of Ronaldinho and his uber football skill.

http://perso.wanadoo.es/tsalarcon/pagina/elastica.gif :eek: :eek: :eek:

shit! that guy is good.

cman
04-07-2005, 03:15 PM
Ashely Cole gets....RO-NALD-OWNED!!!
http://www.jspeed.ca/jgallery/users/cman/owned-ronaldo.gif

/////AMG
05-31-2005, 04:00 PM
2 games, 2 wins and a hat trick.

Doesn't get any better, except no more games until fall :cry:

ronaldo
05-31-2005, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by cman
Ashely Cole gets....RO-NALD-OWNED!!!
http://www.jspeed.ca/jgallery/users/cman/owned-ronaldo.gif

wow what a fuckkin nice move....damn im good:D

DEREK57
05-31-2005, 06:38 PM
I like cmans clip more.

/////AMG
06-01-2005, 10:08 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

World Cup Facts:

World Cup

Brazil last won the world cup in 1994. Before that they won it in 1970. Add 1970 and 1994, it equals 3964.

Germany last won in 1990. Before that they won in 1974. Add 1990 and 1974, it equals 3964.

Argentina last won the world cup in 1986. Before that they won it in 1978. Add 1978 and 1986, it equals 3964.

So going by this logic, The winner of the 2002 world cup is the same as the 3964 - 2002 = 1962 world cup. The 1962 world cup was won by Brazil. It was really Brazil who won!!!

ronaldo
06-01-2005, 10:20 AM
hopefully italy can pull someting outta thier asses this time around, they need to straighten up and loos all the :bullshit: on thier team and actaully play thier style of soccer

Skyline_Addict
06-01-2005, 12:53 PM
that's an OK move by ronaldo...just a typical crossover...the defender was a dumbass to comitt and made ronaldo look much better :D nicely done though.

cman
06-01-2005, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by Skyline_Addict
that's an OK move by ronaldo...just a typical crossover...the defender was a dumbass to comitt and made ronaldo look much better :D nicely done though.

a defender who you have starting on your world squad;)

Skyline_Addict
06-01-2005, 04:40 PM
i didn't chose him for defending, i chose him for being an attacking "defensemen" hehe., cause he's good at running up.

/////AMG
10-09-2005, 04:32 AM
Jesus Bloody Christ! That was a close one last night.

Thanks to Holland... England qualify for the World Cup.
Sack Sven already, he is ruining everything!

Aleks
10-09-2005, 10:13 AM
Group 7 is messed. Serbia and Montenegro have no losses only 1 goal conceeded throughout the qualifying, and still it comes down to the very last game. Spain are 2 points back and Bosnia are 3 behind.

Next match Serbia vs Bosnia
Spain vs San Marino. Damn....

cman
10-09-2005, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by /////AMG
Jesus Bloody Christ! That was a close one last night.

Thanks to Holland... England qualify for the World Cup.
Sack Sven already, he is ruining everything!
word, way to close and sack fucking Sven, get an English skipper already damnit.
oh and i just got my 'England 2006' wrist band in the post today:D :thumbsup: , gonna be sporting that for the next many months proudly. COME ON ENGLAND.

and like you said, you guys have a huge match Aleks. serbia-bosnia should be such an intense game:eek:

HoisinSauce
10-09-2005, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema
China dooesn't have a chance unless it's this team:

http://www.notcomingsoon.com/Images/ShaolinSoccerC.jpg

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Skyline_Addict
10-09-2005, 08:52 PM
^^ asian teams FTW!!!!!!!

Evro
10-09-2005, 09:11 PM
GO SERBIA!!! haha not making 2002 and euro 2004 was a disgrace but they lookin pretty good now, haha lets hope spain loses to san marino (not gonna happen) and that Serbs beat Bosanjeros (they playin in belgrade :) ) - otherthan serbia go Japan, a great team considering this will be there 3rd appearance - also about earlier posts the only reason america is in top 10 is because they get to play some ridiculously shitty teams like canada and like haiti :thumbsup:

anyway ima gona be in germany while this is takin place so im deffinetly pickin up some tics

euro_racer
10-09-2005, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by Aleks
Group 7 is messed. Serbia and Montenegro have no losses only 1 goal conceeded throughout the qualifying, and still it comes down to the very last game. Spain are 2 points back and Bosnia are 3 behind.

Next match Serbia vs Bosnia
Spain vs San Marino. Damn....

I REALLY WANT TO SEE THOSE GAMES!!! were could i catch some of the action on tv around here? :D SRBIJA!!!

Evro
10-09-2005, 09:23 PM
haha wednesday at my kums (godfathers) house lol

Aleks
10-09-2005, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by euro_racer

I REALLY WANT TO SEE THOSE GAMES!!! were could i catch some of the action on tv around here? :D SRBIJA!!!

I will be at work watching it online! I think if you have sattelite you might be able to pick it up. Online quality is pretty shitty too...:(

/////AMG
10-10-2005, 01:19 AM
Sometimes if you'r elucky people post them on torrent websites, but they're only up fo rlike a day, not even. :thumbsdow :thumbsdow

Aleks
10-13-2005, 07:42 AM
SERBIA 1 Bosnia 0 :poosie: :clap: :clap: :clap: They are going to Germany, Spain has to go into Playoffs hahahahaha

cman
10-13-2005, 09:07 AM
hahahaha stupid Spain, they always screw themselves.
England secures top place woohoo.
cya in 06

pitwipe
10-13-2005, 12:20 PM
^ Yes, England top of their group! COME ON ENGLAND, COME ON ENGLAND... repeat until hoarse :thumbsup:

cman
10-13-2005, 11:22 PM
i got my jerseys
i got my wall flag
i got my car flag
i got my pint glass
i got my wrist band
i got my scarf.

fuck i cannot wait.

/////AMG
12-09-2005, 03:15 PM
Just saw it live on TV.

Group B

ENGLAND
PARAGUAY
Some new african team
SWEDEN!

First game June 5th!

I didn't give a shiet about the other, well I did, but don't expect me to memorize 32 damn teams and their order.
It'll be on Google news in about an hour.

andres_mt
12-09-2005, 03:22 PM
SPAIN ALL THE WAY! :guns:

ronaldo
12-09-2005, 03:26 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/5076438

all the groups...i think its a pretty good draw

Aleks
12-09-2005, 03:40 PM
Serbia/Montenegro went into the toughest group. Special Pot my ass :guns:
Spain had no business even being in the world Cup, let alone being a group lead, because of the way they tied up that game at home against bosnia. 9 minutes added on to the end??? :banghead:

cman
12-09-2005, 08:39 PM
LOL at groups A and G, what a joke!
I guess this years group of death is group E, but they are pretty decent this time around.
Group A: Germany, Poland
Group B: Englad, Sweden
Group C: Argentina, Netherlands
Group D: Portugal, Mexico
Group E: Czech. Rep, Italy
Group F: Brazil, Croatia
Group G: France, Switzerland
Group H: Spain, Ukraine.

Brazil winners.

Aleks
12-10-2005, 02:30 AM
^ no matter where I turned to watch today Everyone said Group C is the group of death. Argentina, Holland, Serbia, Ivory Coast.

Serbia beat out spain in their qualifying group with only 1 GA during the qualifying
And
Ivory Coast beat out Cameron to get there...Didier Drogba is their superstar. Should be a good group to watch!