PDA

View Full Version : VIN # check

Moe Man
07-18-2004, 12:53 PM
are there any sites that i can check VIN #'s and look up the history of a car?

Strider
07-18-2004, 01:08 PM
carfax... and there's another one that's supposedly for Canada, but from what i've heard, they're not as reliable as heading down to the registry

Moe Man
07-18-2004, 05:04 PM
are all of these site free or do i have to sign up, and shit

Afrodeziak
07-18-2004, 07:23 PM
these thinsg aren't always correct... my mom just got a car from a person, we had a check on it and it came up clean, but they guy told us it had been in a small accident... seems as though it only shows up if it was claimed and in this case it most likely wasn't claimed

davidI
07-18-2004, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by Afrodeziak
these thinsg aren't always correct... my mom just got a car from a person, we had a check on it and it came up clean, but they guy told us it had been in a small accident... seems as though it only shows up if it was claimed and in this case it most likely wasn't claimed

It would be pretty hard for them to know about an unclaimed fender bender now wouldn't it.... :rolleyes:

Moe Man
07-18-2004, 11:02 PM
i just want to know what it will say about a car, and every site i go to it says i have to pay and shit

Strider
07-19-2004, 12:40 PM
ya man, you gotta pay and sign up for that shit...
but do a quick search for carfax, i think someone on this board signed up for 31 days and was willing to hook ppl up