PDA

View Full Version : Sunburn- What to do

hjr
07-18-2004, 03:56 PM
So i got a bit of a burn over the weekend (im sure im not the only one) and i have been using facial cream with vitamin E to help the skin. I flaked a bit on my nose (thats it) which is lame, but i think i saved my neck and the rest. But im wondering what else i could do to help the skin? Is vitamin e enough? What do folks do when they burn?

ryder_23
07-18-2004, 04:01 PM
STuff with lots of aloevera etc...helps with coolin down, and keepin skin moist so it doesnt peel..just keep it hydrated with those such products and you should be good

spike98
07-18-2004, 04:06 PM
^^^^ what he said

And cool showers! Warm/Hot showers will kill you!

SwitchBlade
07-18-2004, 04:27 PM
Tobasco sauce :thumbsup:

I have some green stuff with aloevera that works good

^SkylinE^
07-18-2004, 04:32 PM
Drink lots of fluids, Aloe vera is great keep the skin moist and if you can there is stuff called Flamizine (spelling) and its crazy stuff You might be able to get it over the counter at a drug store. I had a tube of it from when i had 2nd/3rd degree burns on my leg and its has pain killer in it to help with pain along with lots of stuff to help healing and keep your skin moisturized. Depending on how much of your body is burnt you might want to eat extra protien and calories. Your body will need it.

Sorry for all the spelling?

redec
07-18-2004, 04:35 PM
yeah....that green aloe-vera gel mixed with vitamin-e is the best....works great