PDA

View Full Version : crazy neighbor

ringmaster
07-18-2004, 08:26 PM
So I was "tuning" my new amp and sub to the rest of my system when some crazy gomer comes running out of his house yelling and screaming at me! I do have a somewhat loud stereo in my car but I NEVER have it at any unreasonable volume in residential areas and especially not im my own driveway where it would piss off the neighbors but on this occation I was pounding it hard on a saturday afternoon at about 3:00. This titface comes almost onto my driveway screaming at me before I even saw him (as I was under the front seat working with the amp) and as soon as I did see him I turned it down and asked him what his problem was... well according to him, my questioning his authority and royal disposition was unacceptable, as signified by his continued screaming and making no sense. so i tell him to f*ck off and go back inside and he does. so problem solved right? wrong, he comes out a few minutes later with a frickin golf club and proceedes to "intimidate" me with it. After that didnt work for him I asked him to hit me with it (im 18 and he is about 28) and see how bad he could mess up my car, knowing (and hoping)that he wasnt going to since we were neighbors. He never actually did anything but it took my brother coming outside with a fucking sword to get him off my driveway!!! was this guy just totally wasting both of our time and energy or what? am i right in saying this guy needs to go back to elementry and learn how to get along with others or am I just extremely bitter....

sabad66
07-18-2004, 08:36 PM
hahah shitty deal, yeah man if it was like u say it was that guy was way outta hand, maybe drunk or something

spike98
07-18-2004, 09:06 PM
You should have just went to an empty mall parking lot or somewhere else to tune it. I have a very extensive stereo myself and i always go else where to tune. Even a low volumes bass does carry far. I go to a school parkinglot on the weekends where there is lots of distance between me and others.

The person though, did overreact and shouldn't have acted in this way. Nor should your brother have pulled a sword on the guy.

I am not sure what the bylaws are in calgary but in most places, you can infact get a ticket for being loud even though it is in the middle of the day.

Ridelikeme
07-18-2004, 11:05 PM
your bro brought out a sword? that sounds a little nuts, but definately beleiveable because i know kids who carry them in their vehicles at all hours of the day...you shoulda stepped it up another notch and busted out the gloch, i guarantee your neighbour wouldnt say shit for a long time, infact if u played your cards right he might even move:thumbsup:

fast95pony
07-18-2004, 11:10 PM
I was doing a similar thing today too.And my neighbor came out to see who was making the noise.I had it turned down ,but she could hear the bass in her house. Luckily my neighbor is cool,but I turned it off anyway. I guess in this heat everyone has their windows open ,and some people get irratable when they get hot.

I went to a friend's place out in the sticks where I could crank it and only annoy some cows.. :D

Pissing off the neighbor's only leads to bad things,especially if you park your car outside.
Waving clubs and swords around is not a good idea..

Benny
07-19-2004, 12:11 AM
I dunno man... I've had migrane headaches which, if I heard loud music, could cause me to act the way your neighbor did.

turbo_equiped
07-19-2004, 12:24 AM
Even though you were trying to fix your system, no matter how loud the system was. Neighbors accomodate each other, that what they are for. Hell, my neighbors in the cul-de-sac today were fucking lighting fireworks and shit, and i didnt say anything or run out with a club.
hahahah anyways, seems your neighbors kinda fucked, so might as well keep it on the low.

turbo_equiped
07-19-2004, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by spike98
I am not sure what the bylaws are in calgary but in most places, you can infact get a ticket for being loud even though it is in the middle of the day.

As far as the law is concerned, i think you get a ticket if you have loud music playing for more than 45 seconds at one stop, this excludes the traffic lights and all. And, i think the ticket is about like $500...not too sure though.

ringmaster
07-19-2004, 01:15 AM
I totally agree that my bro coming in with a sword was a dumb move and could have escelated the situation but it Did work and at the time it seemed like a VERY good idea.. lol
Had the guy have come out and Asked me to turn it down I wouldnt have had a problem with that at all, its a fair request. but the yelling and screaming was uncalled for and made him look like a fool. I guess there are just idiots like that around...
and for that reason I now have a taser :)

GQNammer
07-19-2004, 02:50 AM
Originally posted by ringmaster
I totally agree that my bro coming in with a sword was a dumb move and could have escelated the situation but it Did work and at the time it seemed like a VERY good idea.. lol
Had the guy have come out and Asked me to turn it down I wouldnt have had a problem with that at all, its a fair request. but the yelling and screaming was uncalled for and made him look like a fool. I guess there are just idiots like that around...
and for that reason I now have a taser :)

LOL OWNED

CalgaryB5
07-19-2004, 03:02 AM
Need some anger management in your hood?

ZMan2k2
07-19-2004, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by ringmaster
I do have a somewhat loud stereo in my car but I NEVER have it at any unreasonable volume in residential areas and especially not im my own driveway where it would piss off the neighbors but on this occation I was pounding it hard on a saturday afternoon at about 3:00.

Isn't this contradictory? You never have it loud in residential areas, and yet you were pounding it pretty hard? I have a feeling that we are the two that met, and I think you should get your facts straight, before you go all "poor me" on this board. First, this was in October, how do I know this, because I had brought my brand new baby home from the hospital like 2 days before. Second, it's not the first time you had been doing something like this. Third, I came out, whistled, waved, and then, from across the street, finally got your attention. You turned down your stereo, asked me "what the fuck my problem was", and I told you, "I work nights, and my new baby is trying to sleep, so turn that shit down." To which you apologized and left it down. As I was walking back to my house, you said "oh, and fuck you", I turned around and said "what?", and you just ignored me. I'm not a happy person when woken up at 3 in the afternoon seeing as how I went to bed like 3 hours before, so I came out with a 9-iron, yes a golf club, and told you to say it again. You pussed out, locked the car, and went in the house. Your brother came out with a bat, not a sword, and I looked at him and said "WHAT!" Then he went inside. Not once did I step foot on your property. I stayed on my side of the street.

Not everyone wants to be woken up with "Vanillia Ice" pounding down your street. My neighbours on my side, called me later that night, asked what happened, and I told them. Two of them said that if it continued, they were going to call the police, because you're so damned annoying.

I also notice, that since that incident, you park rather far away, like a block to a block-and-a-half. Why's that? I'm not some psycho killer who's gonna key up your car and bust your windows. I just had enough of the shit over the past week.

I had a rather decent stereo in my car, until recently, and you never heard me pounding my system on the block. Why's that? Because I went elsewhere to do this. There are plenty of places around this neighbourhood that people aren't living, and you can pound Britney Spears all you want, without upsetting anyone.

Just remember junior, not everyone likes everything you do. You aren't the man, just a little boy with bigger toys.

Oh, and a taser? Am I that scary? I mean, I know I'm a big guy, but come on, can't your brother with the bat protect you? No, I guess not, considering he pussed out as much as you. Grow up junior.

JCX
07-19-2004, 09:30 AM
Oh now this is getting interesting. Looks like the stereo dog may not have been 100% honest. LOL.:drama:

Gonthro
07-19-2004, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by JCX
Oh now this is getting interesting. Looks like the stereo dog may not have been 100% honest. LOL.:drama:

there is ALWAYS... 2 sides to a story, and neither of them are ever entirely accurate.

EK 2.0
07-19-2004, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by Gonthro

there is ALWAYS... 2 sides to a story, and neither of them are ever entirely accurate.

actually THREE sides...Party A, Party B and the truth...

Z_Fan
07-19-2004, 10:15 AM
LMAO

Bwah hahah

Looks like the only way we'll hear the accurate truth is if someone else (impartial) saw this go down! LOL. But two things are for sure...

1. Someone was making too much damn noise.
2. Someone was pissed for having to listen to it!

This is pretty normal. Pretty much always if someone is making too much noise, someone is pissed about it. :rolleyes:

ZMan2k2
07-19-2004, 10:18 AM
^^Hey, I admit, I over-reacted. I wasn't exactly getting enough sleep during that time, and what I did was wrong. But I'm enough of a man to admit it. Was this the first time this stuff went on, no. Were my neighbours gonna call the cops, yes. Did I do him a favor. I think so. He's learned that being a jerk with his stereo, will get him into trouble, and there hasn't been any problems since. I'm a decent guy, I don't normally go around threatening people with golf clubs. As long as he doesn't do stuff like that again, it's all good. He does have a nice car, decent drop, nice wheels, not a fan of the decals, but to each his own. I'm not a hater, just was having a bad day.

If I scared you ringmaster, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that, and I apologize. But please remember, respect returns respect.

michelinman79
07-19-2004, 05:11 PM
thanks for the apology man.. problem resolved

ringmaster
07-19-2004, 05:13 PM
^ should have been from MY account... not my brothers ^

dkny_stylez
07-19-2004, 05:48 PM
ahhah an older guy acting all hardcore against a guy half his age. What a coward:rofl:

GQBalla
07-19-2004, 11:55 PM
wow really crazy how this happened in october and now you tell the story and how both the people are on beyond! hahah nice sword action by the way!

B17a
07-20-2004, 07:02 AM
Zman, I know what you mean. There's this chachi fool on my street, several houses over. He loves nothing more than testing his system out on his driveway, and this isn't any testing. It's 100% max power bass test. When all my cabinet doors are rattling 4 houses down, its too goddamn loud. Hey, can I borrow that golf club??:D

GQBalla
07-20-2004, 02:27 PM
man i remember when subs were cool now everyone has them when your subs are worth more than your car please sell them to buy a new car!

ringmaster
07-20-2004, 06:00 PM
lol its all resolved now.. nothing to worry about

Lo Pro
07-21-2004, 01:17 AM
how bout everyone chill its fuckian music give it up the world isnt coming to an end

rylake
07-21-2004, 02:11 AM
Originally posted by dkny_stylez
ahhah an older guy acting all hardcore against a guy half his age. What a coward:rofl:

Are you kidding me...little hip hop kids are annoying as fuck...same with the bass pounding nonsense. Whe I was younger older kids kicked our asses for stupid shit and thats how you learned not to be a moron. IMO it doesn't happen enough these days...

ZMan2k2
07-21-2004, 07:52 AM
Okay, let's let it go everyone. ringmaster and I are over it, and I hope that everyone else will too. :closed:

403Gemini
07-21-2004, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by rylake

Are you kidding me...little hip hop kids are annoying as fuck...same with the bass pounding nonsense. Whe I was younger older kids kicked our asses for stupid shit and thats how you learned not to be a moron. IMO it doesn't happen enough these days...

true that! im going to a high school with a bat to teach all those lil fuckers a lesson ;) j/k

nah kids are way to cocky now. its weird... they think they can fight everybody