PDA

View Full Version : STi Test drive

hatetank
07-19-2004, 05:30 PM
I always figured it was extremely difficult to get to test drive an STi -- I guess not.

My gf is picking my WRX up from Charles English (for regular maintenance) and while waiting she calls me, and I tell her jokingly, ask to test drive an STi.

So, she does and not only do they let her BUT she goes alone! wtf?

Funny thing is, she calls me 2 minutes ago -- "How do I get it into reverse?"

C4S
07-19-2004, 05:44 PM
When she is already their customer, they trust them ! I guess if a young kid walk in withj a civic .. they may not let him test drive a $50k car.

Plus they have a 2004 used one, and 2005 model arrived now !

Anyway, after she test drive the STi .. she probaby love to upgrade to the STi ! big diff ! :thumbsup:

t-im
07-19-2004, 05:51 PM
hmm..for the most part, sales guys let me go on my own....I never ask to go by myself either

Kaos
07-19-2004, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by t-im
hmm..for the most part, sales guys let me go on my own....I never ask to go by myself either

Im guessing they let you because you're pullin up in an e46 or an e36 and not a civic.

JAYMEZ
07-19-2004, 08:47 PM
I was aloud to go on a test drive after bitchin for a while

rogue
07-19-2004, 11:01 PM
i pulled in a gen 2 riced out teg and they let me go alone with my gf and a buddy. Suburu was practically THROWING the keys at me:D then hounded me on the phone for 3 months about buying one.:(

EK 2.0
07-19-2004, 11:04 PM
I test drove one last week...

even very seriously considering it...

JAYMEZ
07-20-2004, 12:38 AM
Get one :)

cujo_cjc
07-20-2004, 12:41 AM
so they let u test drive the car depending on what car you drive to their dealership?
i'll just ask my dad to bring me there then! :clap:

benyl
07-20-2004, 08:06 AM
They let you test drive based on whether you look like you could seriously buy it.

I am thinking that Charles English is a little different considering that they have $100,000 jags sitting in the parking lot. I am pretty sure Centaur won't let you just go for a boot to kill time.

Cyclone, you know the STi pwns you!

EK 2.0
07-20-2004, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by benyl
Cyclone, you know the STi pwns you!

I know it does...hence, the serious consideration...

tulit
07-20-2004, 08:52 AM
The even better part is that Subaru's dont realize their full potential until a few 10 thousand km's have been put on them.
Which means it will be even more fun as it gets older ;)

I have yet to still test drive the STI here though. Im worried if I do, Ill end up wanting to spend money I dont have (and the fact i can get it at dealer cost hurts even more) :)

Cyclone, I say do it!

hatetank
07-20-2004, 09:54 AM
Well she loved it, she took it out for almost an hour during the thunderstorm yesterday, and it was an '05 not an '04 ;)

I think we will be "upgrading" to an STi before christmas, so if anyone is looking for a mint 2002 WRX (silver, sedan) with 49kms pm me over the next few months.

benyl
07-20-2004, 10:38 AM
I have had mine for 2 weeks and 2 days... It has 2000km on it already....

Time to go to the track!;)

cujo_cjc
07-20-2004, 08:38 PM
so which dealership is most likely to be the nicest and let me test drive an sti with my dad without a salesman with us? :poosie:

googe
07-20-2004, 08:52 PM
its pretty hit-and-miss with the 2 local dealerships.

hatetank
07-20-2004, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by cujo_cjc
so which dealership is most likely to be the nicest and let me test drive an sti with my dad without a salesman with us? :poosie:

It was Charles English -- but it made it much easier that we already owned a WRX and were one of their customers.

JAYMEZ
07-21-2004, 12:06 AM
Charles English for test drive..... BUT Centaur for repairs and what not..

That.Guy.S30
07-21-2004, 12:12 PM
imo CENTAUR SUCKS ASS hahaha.. they are soooo fuckin rude. i think this is the last subaru i will ever buy (unless i buy it from rally in edmonton) im sick and tired of their bullshit attitude and crappy service. but back to the subject i got to test drive the STi at both places but i find the enviroment at charles english abit better, less pressure.

Woblin_Goblin
07-22-2004, 09:38 PM
I went to Subaru City (Edmonton) and got swarmed by salesmen. Some nice guys... but what do expect at a car dealership? Although I didn't ask for a test drive, I just wanted to sit in one and see if I could fit in it (6'5", yes I can fit but my legs touch the steering wheel so I'd have to get used to that). I would imagine it would not be that difficult to get a test drive.

I think when I do start more serious car shopping I'll probably bring a deposit with me to entice them and see if they can resist. Doesn't matter what dealer/car/model it is, if they're jerks, I'll walk and take my business elsewhere.

I was told they could order an STI in for about $1000 and the sale is subject to a test drive. They said if you don't like it you get your cash back and they have a STI in stock to sell.

The only thing that scares me about the STI is there is probably no room to deal. Up in Canada I would imagine we're stuck with MSRP? When you order a car in, do you typically do the negotiations before the order is placed or after the car comes in?

bighead2267
07-25-2004, 08:13 PM
of course before, your $$$$$$ is in their hand already, what can u say? i always wanna test drive one, just no time, i agree that the one at south is shitty services, they dont' knwo what they a talking about............so if u really wanna go get a car there, make sure u find a person to go with u and make sure everything is ok.

PS. make sure u don't buy from that 2 Original Salesman. they don't know the shit.......i believe they are just scam ppl there. good luck and hope this help

benyl
07-25-2004, 11:36 PM
Here is my opinion. The dealers know dick about the STi. The one in the North is the worst car dealership I have been to in my life. Centaur wasn't great, but better than Subaru Calgary.

The salesmen kept arguing with me about the bolt pattern. It is a well known fact that it changed. They kept saying it was the same. Stupid idiots.

There is plenty of room to deal on the STi. Just be prepared to walk and get it elsewhere. I had one ready to go in Vancouver if mine didn't work out here in Calgary.

googe
07-25-2004, 11:58 PM
They were hard/impossible to test drive when they first came out cause they were all pre-ordered several months prior to release. Dealers are actually stocking them a little now, so its not that hard if they can even take you half-seriously.