PDA

View Full Version : Meguiars NXT Tech Wax

JCX
07-19-2004, 11:34 PM
Not sure if anyone give's a damn, but this stuff is finally available here. I picked some up at a PartSource for $30, the liquid version (didn't see any paste, not that I would have bought that instead).

At any rate, this stuff is getting rave reviews all over in the States. Anyone from the Mustang guys to the Viper guys to the SRT-4 guys seem to love it. Many seem to be ditching Zaino for this, saying it gives the same results with little / no work. Hopefully I can find some time to use it.

:werd:

IntegraG2
07-20-2004, 12:45 AM
my bro uses it.....works awesome from what i see......:bigpimp:

CivicDXR
07-20-2004, 12:50 AM
he's right, I used it right before SCC, and it only took me about 45min to an hour to do... but when I went out of the garage and into the sun, it looked like I had worked on the paint for at least 4 hours...

Mckenzie
07-20-2004, 07:41 AM
Damn. I just did a 3 step exterior clay/wax/polish on my car and I could not find that stuff. I used the Meguires gold class. I was there on Saturday nd they did not have it. I am gonna have to go check it out. :thumbsup:

ZorroAMG
07-20-2004, 08:59 AM
NXT is the new pimpness in auto waxage

Dirty_SOHC
07-20-2004, 10:35 AM
where can you get this shiznit?

Spyderman_MaryJ
07-20-2004, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Dirty_SOHC

I have this stuff too, and it's awesome! To bad it rains every time I wax the car. I bought it at Autovalue for $35, but I noticed it's only $30 at Partsource (when it's in stock)

lam-boy
07-20-2004, 01:34 PM
do you guys prefer liquid or paste?

JCX
07-20-2004, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Dirty_SOHC

PartSource on 17th ave SW had like 5 bottles last night, liquid only. I'd prefer liquid anyway for ease of use. $29.99 + tax. :devil:

googe
07-20-2004, 06:28 PM
is this an all-in-one quick and easy good results thing or just 1 of the steps typical of meguiars products?

benyl
07-20-2004, 09:23 PM
Does it take out small scratches, or do you have clay?

CivicDXR
07-20-2004, 09:46 PM
i got mine last week at Truck Outfitters, which is right beside Platinum Mitsubishi on Barlow. I saw it there while I was picking up some parts on one of my parts runs at work. It was retailing for $28.95, but since I was with a company they deal with, I put it in with my order and got distributor pricing :thumbsup:

Benyl, it took out some of my finer scratches...

Googe, it is a one step thing with some insane results...

http://www.meguiars.com/whatsnew/techwax.cfm

benyl
07-20-2004, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by CivicDXR
It was retailing for $28.95, but since I was with a company they deal with, I put it in with my order and got distributor pricing :thumbsup:

Hook a broda up!

dkny_stylez
07-21-2004, 10:40 PM
i jsut picked some of this shit up at Part Source....This stuff better work!:burnout:

Mckenzie
07-22-2004, 08:17 AM
Eventhough it may be a 1 step process, you might want to consider getting the contaminants out of your paint with a clay bar before you go buffing a bunch of rocks and fine particles into your paint causing more swirls. I clayed, polished and waxed this weekend and eventhough my paint was only a year old, it was still full of little particles and rocks. If I wouldn't have clayed it out, I would have been really pissed with all of the swirl marks left in the paint.

Boostn
07-22-2004, 05:03 PM
Not all partsources stock this stuff. I checked out the location just off McKnight/Deerfoot and there was none to be found. The parts guy at the counter had no clue either...

Ichigo
07-22-2004, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by Boostn
Not all partsources stock this stuff. I checked out the location just off McKnight/Deerfoot and there was none to be found. The parts guy at the counter had no clue either...

Well that saved me a trip... Thanks..

Chris Ng
07-26-2004, 09:33 PM
Canadian Tire sells this stuff.. $29 .. The location on richmond rd in the sw across from westhills had a bunch on the shelf ...Bought a bottle.. was very easy to apply and remove.. hard to really tell too much of a diffrence in shine with a white car, but it smelled really pretty!

CRXguy
07-27-2004, 02:43 AM
there were about 4 bottles at the forest lawn partsource. im gonna try it out this weekend. :D

heavyD
07-27-2004, 02:26 PM
I wasn't too impressed with Gold Class as you would get a good shine but it wouldn't last near as long as Mother's Pure Carnauba Wax which looks just as good but lasts longer. Is the NXT alot better than Gold Class?

pr0
07-29-2004, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by heavyD
I wasn't too impressed with Gold Class as you would get a good shine but it wouldn't last near as long as Mother's Pure Carnauba Wax which looks just as good but lasts longer. Is the NXT alot better than Gold Class?

I tried using it last night and it seems the same as the gold class. :( Except it smells nicer. Not worth the 30 bucks. :thumbsdow

heavyD
07-29-2004, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by pr0

I tried using it last night and it seems the same as the gold class. :( Except it smells nicer. Not worth the 30 bucks. :thumbsdow

That's what I thought. Meguires is highly overrated. I've tried all of their formulas before they were even available in stores and found them average at best.

RX-7_TWINTURBO
07-29-2004, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by heavyD

That's what I thought. Meguires is highly overrated. I've tried all of their formulas before they were even available in stores and found them average at best.
average huh ??.. what do you find to be better ? my car is in desperate need of a good waxing ? whats better to use, a random orbit waxer or by hand ?

pr0
07-29-2004, 11:21 PM
The NXT stuff is suppose to remove fine swrils, etc. Well on my eclipse it didn't do any better than the Gold Class wax. I have swrils all over the place. Its not as they claim and I waxed for a half hour. Complete rip off. :thumbsdow Especially the price!! -> $30 WTF.

Ichigo
07-29-2004, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by pr0
The NXT stuff is suppose to remove fine swrils, etc. Well on my eclipse it didn't do any better than the Gold Class wax. I have swrils all over the place. Its not as they claim and I waxed for a half hour. Complete rip off. :thumbsdow Especially the price!! -> $30 WTF.

I guess I'll stick with my Mother's......

91_Integz
07-30-2004, 09:15 AM
Klasse's All in One wax followed by the Klasse High Gloss Sealant is the best combo ever. It's $75 for the package and you can only get it online. It's the best stuff I"ve ever used

yohan4ws
07-30-2004, 12:17 PM
S100 is supposed to be great wax (found at harley shops) but Zaino is supposed to last longer.. I found it on a website some time ago, they took a trunk panel and put mothers, meg's nxt zaino and some spray on wax thing.. the megs nxt was gone after about a week ..

I noticed the same using (myself) the meg's 3 step and the "deep crystal wax #3" ...

My car looked so hot for a bout a week ... then the wax dried out and it wasn't so great anymore..

Meg's nxt is supposed to have a bit of cleaner in it as well, will mask swirls and fine scratches (by filling them) and is supposed to be a great wax..

I'm going to try out zaino eventually.

GT2NV
07-30-2004, 06:20 PM
its at napa autoparts as well:thumbsup:

7thgenvic
08-17-2004, 01:08 PM
i just bought the stuff for 7.98 in the U.S.A wow!!! what a deal!!!!

MooDY
08-21-2006, 07:52 AM
Sorry to bring up such an old thread ... but i got a few questions regarding this product ...
Is it good for dark colourz such as black ?
is it still the best out there ?

calgarygts
08-21-2006, 08:12 AM
I really like using it for metallic colors, seems to have pretty good pop for the metallic flakes. If it's a solid black though I would opt for a carnauba myself. I like gold class, and the step 3 of meguire's 3 step system looks good too. I've noticed that NXT doesn't really have the deepness or wetness for a solid dark color that some of the carnaubas have. My 2 cents.

MooDY
08-21-2006, 12:05 PM
yep its solid black ..
zymol is not available where i live ... heared its a good 1 ...
thanks for the advice though ...

Orbie
08-21-2006, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by MooDY
yep its solid black ..
zymol is not available where i live ... heared its a good 1 ...
thanks for the advice though ...

What I would do in your case Moody is apply the NXT then layer a carnauba on top to get the deep gloss.

MooDY
08-21-2006, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Orbie

What I would do in your case Moody is apply the NXT then layer a carnauba on top to get the deep gloss.

tnx mate ... then i'd better start looking for carnauba .
one more thing ...
any good links on car care , stuff like waxin & polishin advices ..

u might as well wanna have alook @
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIZHibe67A0