PDA

View Full Version : Where to go for a used motor?

Joe Malms
10-31-2002, 10:08 PM
Hey guys, i know of the regular place alot of people go to "yoko".
My celica motor seized today...grrreat! :(
Its for my winter beater 88 gts, so if its not cheap, i'll probably pass.
Anyways, could you guys list off ANY places where i can buy a used motor (3sge) for a 1988 celica gts.
Thanks guys

Weapon_R
10-31-2002, 10:10 PM
Bargain finder, junk yards etc. Cheap areas to buy parts from...

dj_honda
10-31-2002, 10:21 PM
a-1 auto parts in saddle ridge....jus tell them u are looking for the engine and they will let u in the junkyard to look around
make sure u are good at bargaining though.....other than that...they usually have a large selection of parts and such, but sometimes the engines are gone

if not them u should call yoko, although they may be kind of expensive.
the tranny went on my dads old winter beater cressida, and they wanted 700$ for it....so we jus dontated the car and bought another cressida

Big_Six_Boy
10-31-2002, 10:32 PM
Actually check with some places in Vancouver. They got tonnes over there! You will probably have to pay about $150 to get it shipped though...

nookmumracing
11-01-2002, 02:57 PM
It seized? Did you have oil in it? Jacked, slap the 3SGTE in there that Mau's got in his garage or a 5.0 litre(next choice). I call you if I hear anything.

Peace

shadowz
11-01-2002, 04:22 PM
Call up yoko they have few toyta motors in stock

Joe Malms
11-01-2002, 06:00 PM
Ya dude, it fucking seized.
The oil gauge never read low and the oil light never came on and it drove perfectly until then.
I checked the dipstick yesterday a few hours after it died and it was BONE dry. Not even a drop!
harsh eh?
It was a great winter car until then..
As for the 3sgte, i'd do it, but im not sure its a complete drop in.
I dont want to spend anymore coin than i need to on this car and i dont have the time to do the research.
If you know anyone that knows whatup with that swap and if its easy, let me know.
thanks nookmumracing, i'll give you a call later homie

cocoabrova
11-01-2002, 06:13 PM
Try A-1 as mentiond previously, or P & S, Affordable, Allen & Sons, or even Black Gold up in Nisku... You SHOULD be able to find this engine in town, but if not, you'll definitely find one in Vancouver:thumbsup:

dj_honda
11-01-2002, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by Joe Malms
As for the 3sgte, i'd do it, but im not sure its a complete drop in.
I dont want to spend anymore coin than i need to on this car and i dont have the time to do the research.
If you know anyone that knows whatup with that swap and if its easy, let me know.

check this out:
http://www.toyotacelicaonline.com/celica1/3sgteswap.htm

these cars are more rare, (all tracs i mean) so i think it may cost extra to get a good 3sgte