PDA

View Full Version : Divac headed back to Lakers

mo_virgin
07-20-2004, 09:09 AM
Ahhh ... so looks like the big fish is gonna head back to LA. I think its a good thing for the lakers, he still is one of the best centers currently in the league.

Link (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylc=X3oDMTBpZmFlcXBpBF9TAzk1ODYxOTQ4BHNlYwN0aA--?slug=ap-lakers-divac&prov=ap&type=lgns)

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20040720/capt.la10207200154.lakers_divac_la102.jpg

RiCE-DaDDy
07-20-2004, 09:15 AM
anyways, hes not enough to help the lakers, hes old and flopper and can only contribute 20mins a game, but yeah a good passin big man.

bigboom
07-20-2004, 10:48 AM
all the lakers really need though is a big man presence in the middle, who cares if he can actually do anything. he passes great and that really helps cuz thats what the lakers need.

accordboi_02
07-20-2004, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by bigboom
all the lakers really need though is a big man presence in the middle, who cares if he can actually do anything. he passes great and that really helps cuz thats what the lakers need.

What's the use of a big man who plays under 20mins regularly?
KG, Duncan, Yao, etc. are going to destroy the Lakers this coming year with no big man to stop them. The Lakers needed an athletic big man, but obviously Kobe doesn't want someone like that on his team - and I'm happy with that, because all it means is the Lakers won't be winning anytime soon!! :D

RiCE-DaDDy
07-20-2004, 11:22 AM
all the experts are predicting the BEST Lakers could do is 6th and thats very generous

huss
07-20-2004, 01:52 PM
it is indeed very generous...but I've always hated floppy....sure he has decent skills but he's too old skool to take the lakers anywhere...

bigboom
07-20-2004, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by huss
it is indeed very generous...but I've always hated floppy....sure he has decent skills but he's too old skool to take the lakers anywhere...

now im not saying that vlade will be good but they could use someone like him. it would have been better if they pursued dampier instead.

RiCE-DaDDy
07-20-2004, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by bigboom

now im not saying that vlade will be good but they could use someone like him. it would have been better if they pursued dampier instead.

but i doubt dampier would settle for just the MLE cause thats all the Lakers had.

Jynx
07-20-2004, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by RiCE-DaDDy

but i doubt dampier would settle for just the MLE cause thats all the Lakers had.

esp when he opted out of a contract wit GSW that will pay him 16 million over the next 2 years....

CKY
07-21-2004, 08:24 PM
divac is a great passing centre, and so he can pretty much just dish the ball to kobe and have him dump it away

huss
07-30-2004, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by CKY
divac is a great passing centre, and so he can pretty much just dish the ball to kobe and have him dump it away

yea...that's tru and now with lamar as well a good passing center doesn't seem so bad for their smaller guys who can really score...now they have someone to give it to them well