PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Mini Cooper Cab !!

C4S
07-20-2004, 10:39 AM
:thumbsup:

AWESOME COOLBLUE PEARL COLOUR ! :clap:

C4S
07-20-2004, 10:40 AM
:drool:

benyl
$$$????

C4S
:love:

C4S
07-20-2004, 10:42 AM
:D

bigboom
07-20-2004, 10:42 AM
wow thats is wicked...if i could afford another car id get a mini. heck maybe i should sell my car and get a mini LOL

C4S
07-20-2004, 10:44 AM
:love:
RED is not bad ... but I want ORANGE !

C4S
07-20-2004, 10:45 AM
:eek:

C4S
07-20-2004, 10:46 AM
:clap: Look at my eye !

C4S
07-20-2004, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by benyl
$$$????

Believe or not, it only Starts @ $33K plus tax ! :love:

( but a loaded Cooper S Cab will be over $50k ! :eek: )

ZorroAMG
07-20-2004, 11:02 AM
Girl's car. :poosie:

C4S
07-20-2004, 11:13 AM
:thumbsup:

GQBalla
07-20-2004, 11:49 AM
hmm pretty nice for a mini not a fan but i love the color!

kiwi
07-20-2004, 12:28 PM
hee hee, aww... I want a Mini! =P

turbo_equiped
07-20-2004, 12:33 PM
Not really a mini fan, but still looks pretty nice.

dkny_stylez
07-20-2004, 01:29 PM
mini's are ugly, and overpriced:thumbsdow

FiveFreshFish
07-20-2004, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by C4S
:clap: Look at my eye !

Proper headlights. It's about time! :thumbsup:

cycosis
07-20-2004, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by bigboom
wow thats is wicked...if i could afford another car id get a mini. heck maybe i should sell my car and get a mini LOL
no you shouldnt
jesus what are you saying

JCX
07-20-2004, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by dkny_stylez

You know I talked to a Mini salesman, he loves his job. No sales pressure. Why? People buy Minis because they want Minis. Not to haul groceries, not to haul kids, not because they need a car. Because they want the car. They simply charge what the market will bear.

Not my cup of tea either, but they still sell every one they make. BTW, the guy said all their cabs are sold.

Ridelikeme
07-20-2004, 03:34 PM
i wonder if those headlights would look good on any other car.. haha it would kinda rank up their in originality with the chevy avalanche headlights mounted vertically on a honda civic.. if i can find pics i will

AllGoNoShow
07-20-2004, 04:28 PM

agreed, chick car, same with del Sol's

C4S
07-20-2004, 05:26 PM

I guess depends on how you look at it !
For people they know about cars, enjoy driving, and CAN afford one, there is no better car then MINI.. put it this way, there is probaby no other car look better, with more attention then the Mini, and there is no better handling and no better fit and finish car for under $40k, and it is a Convertiable.
Yes, a 3 series handles nice, and handsome looking, but a 3 series cab is $60K +

A silly toyota convertiable is probaby around $35k, and it is BIGGER then a mini ( hey, bigger is better, right ? for some AMERICAN ) however, it is just a jap car, and handling ? Image ?No way !

For the same money, people can buy a HUGE car, such as Intrepid, Camry, etc ... if people think a car is judged by SIZE only.(I read a Joke from Car and Driver, someone said "My camry is bigger then a MINI, and cheaper ! plus with a V6 ! haha" )

A Ferrari is small and expensive too, but it is European car, and with incredible handling ! same as Mini! ( MINI can out handle some of the Porsche and Ferrari )

Again, depends what people can afford, a civic can be $27K plus tax, because it is Made in UK. For people they can only afford a $12k sunfire, and just want a transportation, yes, Mini is over price, for people they can afford a nice car, and want a DRIVING MACHINE, Mini is a bargain. Just ask anyone who has a Mini.
:)

method
07-20-2004, 05:47 PM
"MINI can out handle some of the Porsche and Ferrari"

oh shut up. seriously.

ferrari's and porsches are high level sports and exotic cars. new minis are overpriced, good handling cars.

BMWs excuse to build a compact car and charge absurd prices for them. 50 thousand dollars for a 'loaded' model? what a joke.

:rolleyes:

if you're stupid enough to buy a new mini because you want a 'driving machine', then shelling out all that money is your punishment.

30k should be the cap for those damn cars.

if you really love the cars, then you'll pay whatever you want for them, and I guess that's what some people do. I like the cars, but their price is outrageous.

C4S
07-20-2004, 06:28 PM
do some research, and look at the road test #.

I dont mean mini is a Ferrari or Porsche.
However, it is a well known brand name. like Alfa Romeo, Alfa is not expensive, but a well known brand name.

Again, it is not a arguement for mini vs civic vs ferrari or whatever.
I just post some nice pictures for some people.

Some people may spend $70K on a truck, some people may only spend $200 on a car .. depends what they can afford. When I was a kid, I think BENZ and BMW are silly, and over price too, all I know was "Honda and Toyota"
Again, I just don't see New European Convertible for under $40k, only Beatle and Mini, and we all know Beatle is not focusing in handling, but Mini does.
I think all magazines are not STUPID, when they all rated the MINI so high, no matter from Car of the year, best compact car of the yr, best Hot hatch, second best car in the world.. etc, there must be some reasons why all those magazines and Experts like it so much, and think it is good.

Again, do some research, buy some nice european car magazines.
I just qoute what those magazines said. Yes, they maybe all stupid.
Many people may say " I won't spend $30k on a civic ! " , " I wont' spend $50K on a domestic " just depends on what they want, and what they can afford ! I think $20K for a civic is a lots, but they are still everywhere !

P.S. you guys probaby won't believe how many Ferrari and Porsche owners in town, they also own a Mini. And anyway, I heard all the Mini Cab are sold for the next 6 months... so no matter overpriced or a bargain, no big deal. there are few beyond members with Mini, right ?

:)

NotbadSTi
07-20-2004, 06:42 PM
I love it ! In fact, I like the Mini Cooper S way more then my STi, and I took one for drive last summer, amazing ! like a go-cart !

The Mini Cab look Hot too ! :drool:

Ashkente
07-20-2004, 07:27 PM
Did they hand out any literature for the unveiling? I missed the actual event, but showed up later just to check them out...wanted a brochure or something, but I didn't see any..:dunno:

JordanLotoski
07-20-2004, 07:55 PM
:barf:

///M3
07-20-2004, 08:20 PM
saw it at the car show in march and wasnt impressed.

rhogg
07-20-2004, 09:12 PM
Well to each there own but.... drive one before you spew...

otherwise go back to the rice and cheese. :whipped:

962 kid
07-20-2004, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by method
"MINI can out handle some of the Porsche and Ferrari"

oh shut up. seriously.

ferrari's and porsches are high level sports and exotic cars. new minis are overpriced, good handling cars.

actually, C4S is right. the mini cooper S can out-slalom a 911 GT2, as painful as it is to admit.

BMWs excuse to build a compact car and charge absurd prices for them. 50 thousand dollars for a 'loaded' model? what a joke.

the chrysler 300 starts at 31 thou and costs about 50k loaded. superchargers and convertible roofs dont come cheap :rolleyes:

if you're stupid enough to buy a new mini because you want a 'driving machine', then shelling out all that money is your punishment.

yes, because for 30k, theres so many options for new cars that handle like a mini. The miata is the only one i can think of is a miata

max_boost
07-20-2004, 10:32 PM
LOL

Looks like Method is the one that needs to shut up since he has just been proven wrong by one of the blingest member of Beyond:D

You guys better give C4S his props, not only does he just read these exotic magazines, he's probably driven most of the cars! haha

As for the Mini, the coupe is cool. I will never been seen in the convertible though, total chick car! haha

962 kid
07-20-2004, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
Looks like Method is the one that needs to shut up since he has just been proven wrong by one of the blingest member of Beyond:D

You guys better give C4S his props, not only does he just read these exotic magazines, he's probably driven most of the cars! haha

:werd: :werd:

C4S is not some 14 year old poseur that memorizes car stats from magazines he's read. If he says it handles better than some porsches, then its a safe bet they do

C4S = :bigpimp: :bigpimp: :bigpimp:

C4S
07-20-2004, 11:51 PM
:) yeah .. Good handling not only on super expensive car ..

Miata is one of the good example, it is cheap, but probaby the best handling Japanese car today, ( even back to 1990, when they were $14,900, they were great handling car ! )

Some car such as Type-R, 147, Clio 172, 206, 306, they are all great handling cars, and all in low prices !

A Lotus Elise is better handling car then a Ferrari 360, Porsche GT2, Lambos... etc (according to most experts).. for 1/4 money of a Ferrari 360, It is a bargain !... but you don't hv to like it ! I love it, but my gf doesn't !
However if you look at the other side, $70k, and 2 yrs waiting time for a Toyota engine/tranny from a celica ? No kidding ! for some people they know nothing about cars, it is way over-priced, they will still perfer their corolla more !

:) Again, I just like to share some pictures/cars I like, I won't even waste my CF memory to take pic for a Crossfire or PT cruiser.. etc. :D

CalgaryB5
07-21-2004, 12:41 AM
:clap: I think they are nice.

CKY
07-21-2004, 07:51 PM
C4S's subpar attempt to rival against rayman?!?!?

jk, i love the pics man. the headlights and the side view of the front wheel pictures are beautiful

and no these are not chick cars, if they are then go cart racers should all be chicks

method
07-21-2004, 08:39 PM
LOL

:rolleyes:

yeah because a slalom is what determines the handling for every car.

you guys need to stop mag-racing and give it some thought.

old minis are THE car for gymkhana.. and run the courses better than FD rx7s. does that mean they 'handle better'? no.

yeah throw out all of porsche and ferrari's racing lineage because the new mini has a short wheelbase.

uhuh. sit down son.

962 kid
07-21-2004, 10:06 PM

you guys need to stop mag-racing and give it some thought.

mag racing eh? yah, I'm sure that C4S has never ever driven a nice car in his life, perhaps one day he'll get the chance to drive a porsche and compare it to the mini :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Redlyne_mr2
07-21-2004, 10:38 PM
Nice pics Malcom, too bad if I saw you driving one I'd ignore you because you'd look so gay

fast95pony
07-21-2004, 11:31 PM
Come and watch the Minis at the CSCC Solo 2 events.They handle !! Last year's overall winner drove a Mini ,and it was a base Mini , not the 'S" . Tonight there were 3 Minis : 2 Coopers and an "S" . I would love a "S" . They are very quick !

C4S
07-22-2004, 12:12 AM

yeah throw out all of porsche and ferrari's racing lineage because the new mini has a short wheelbase.

uhuh. sit down son.

anyway, not really arguement .. in FACT, new Mini has longer weelbase then ALL the new PORSCHE (not the VW build SUV)

method
07-23-2004, 12:01 AM
it sure does. so what?

shorter wheelbases, centered gravity, tight suspenion... all equal good handling cars.

no one is saying the mini is a bad handling car. they have balls to the walls grip and go-kart-ability, but I'm sick of people getting all panty-wrenched over a car, and then trying to compare it to the best of the best in an attempt to convince everyone how great it is.

durr... my miata outhandles some really expensive BMWs!

so fucking what.

CLiVE
07-23-2004, 02:48 PM
Nice pics, too bad I missed the launch party, I was out of town.

My mini is worth every penny. Great handling car for a bargain price. I agree with everything C4S has said...

max_boost
07-23-2004, 03:35 PM
it sure does. so what?

shorter wheelbases, centered gravity, tight suspenion... all equal good handling cars.

no one is saying the mini is a bad handling car. they have balls to the walls grip and go-kart-ability, but I'm sick of people getting all panty-wrenched over a car, and then trying to compare it to the best of the best in an attempt to convince everyone how great it is.

durr... my miata outhandles some really expensive BMWs!

so fucking what. Your MIata probably does out handle my 330......

Anyway, why are you so pissed? Swearing and everything too? LOL:rofl: :rofl: You so sensitive man:cry:

lint
07-23-2004, 03:58 PM
Anyway, why are you so pissed? Swearing and everything too? LOL:rofl: :rofl: You so sensitive man:cry:

Got dissed by some chick in a Cooper, who then owned his Miata?

method
07-23-2004, 06:17 PM
Your MIata probably does out handle my 330......

lmao thats just how I talk.

it's a bad habit :clap:

SwitchBlade
07-25-2004, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by 962 kid

mag racing eh? yah, I'm sure that C4S has never ever driven a nice car in his life, perhaps one day he'll get the chance to drive a porsche and compare it to the mini :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

So your saying hes basing his argument on magazine racing as hasn't driven a porsche yet? Wow and i guess the sky is green too hey. Your assumptions are nimble at best. It would look like you are under the impression my friend Method hasnt driven an exotic car in his life. All you need is a credit card and a valid drivers licence. Based on your arguments i would say that you dont have either of them. Truthfully I wouldnt put it past me to think that you have an extra chromosome #21 either.

The fact is you are comparing apples to oranges. For simplicity's sake i would suggest that you stick to that. Hey if your feeling special they might let you eat one too. :drool:

Heres a stupid argument for you, "My Hummer H1 can offroad better than your TJ or how about?" "my Hayabusa can go 340km/h and can out drive a Viper at 329km/h" bet you didnt think of that one huh huh? Is it a fair comparision no, not really. For what you are getting and for the sheer size of the god damn thing i would have to agree that it it overpriced. While waiting for your penis to stop being numb from the nice ride in the mini you can read some stats.

Base price: $78,400; C4; $84,000
Vehicle type: rear-engine, rear- or 4-wheel-drive; 2-door 2+2-passenger convertible
Interior volume, F/R/cargo (cu ft) 47/16/5
Wheelbase 92.6 in
Length/width/height 174.5/69.5/51.4 in
Turning circle 34.8 ft
Curb weight 3100–3250 lb
EPA city/hwy mpg 18/26
Fuel-tank capacity/range 16.9 gal/304 mi
Passive restraints driver and passenger front and side airbags

POWERTRAIN
3.6-liter DOHC 24-valve flat-6, 315 hp; 6-sp man, 5-sp auto

SUSPENSION
F ind, struts, coil springs, anti-roll bar
R ind, multilink, coil springs, anti-roll bar

Mini
Vehicle type: front-engine, front-wheel-drive, 4-passenger, 2-door convertible
Estimated base price: $22,000-$25,500
Engines: SOHC 16-valve 1.6-liter inline-4, 115 hp, 110 lb-ft; supercharged and intercooled SOHC 16-valve 1.6-liter inline-4, 168 hp, 162 lb-ft
Transmissions: 5-speed manual, 6-speed manual, continuously variable automatic
Wheelbase: 97.1 in
Length/width/height: 143.9/66.5/55.8 in
Curb weight: 2800-3000 lb

Manufacturer's performance ratings:
Zero to 62 mph: 7.2-9.8 sec
Top speed (drag limited): 120-138 mph

Projected fuel economy (C/D est):
EPA city driving: 26 mpg
EPA highway driving: 35 mpg
:poosie:

962 kid
07-25-2004, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by SwitchBlade

So your saying hes basing his argument on magazine racing as hasn't driven a porsche yet? Wow and i guess the sky is green too hey. Your assumptions are nimble at best. It would look like you are under the impression my friend Method hasnt driven an exotic car in his life. All you need is a credit card and a valid drivers licence. Based on your arguments i would say that you dont have either of them. Truthfully I wouldnt put it past me to think that you have an extra chromosome #21 either.

The fact is you are comparing apples to oranges. For simplicity's sake i would suggest that you stick to that. Hey if your feeling special they might let you eat one too. :drool:

Heres a stupid argument for you, "My Hummer H1 can offroad better than your TJ or how about?" "my Hayabusa can go 340km/h and can out drive a Viper at 329km/h" bet you didnt think of that one huh huh? Is it a fair comparision no, not really. For what you are getting and for the sheer size of the god damn thing i would have to agree that it it overpriced. While waiting for your penis to stop being numb from the nice ride in the mini you can read some stats.

Base price: $78,400; C4; $84,000
Vehicle type: rear-engine, rear- or 4-wheel-drive; 2-door 2+2-passenger convertible
Interior volume, F/R/cargo (cu ft) 47/16/5
Wheelbase 92.6 in
Length/width/height 174.5/69.5/51.4 in
Turning circle 34.8 ft
Curb weight 3100–3250 lb
EPA city/hwy mpg 18/26
Fuel-tank capacity/range 16.9 gal/304 mi
Passive restraints driver and passenger front and side airbags

POWERTRAIN
3.6-liter DOHC 24-valve flat-6, 315 hp; 6-sp man, 5-sp auto

SUSPENSION
F ind, struts, coil springs, anti-roll bar
R ind, multilink, coil springs, anti-roll bar

Mini
Vehicle type: front-engine, front-wheel-drive, 4-passenger, 2-door convertible
Estimated base price: $22,000-$25,500
Engines: SOHC 16-valve 1.6-liter inline-4, 115 hp, 110 lb-ft; supercharged and intercooled SOHC 16-valve 1.6-liter inline-4, 168 hp, 162 lb-ft
Transmissions: 5-speed manual, 6-speed manual, continuously variable automatic
Wheelbase: 97.1 in
Length/width/height: 143.9/66.5/55.8 in
Curb weight: 2800-3000 lb

Manufacturer's performance ratings:
Zero to 62 mph: 7.2-9.8 sec
Top speed (drag limited): 120-138 mph

Projected fuel economy (C/D est):
EPA city driving: 26 mpg
EPA highway driving: 35 mpg
:poosie:

:drama:

yah, C4S has never driven a high end car in his life. never ever. and I myself only wish that I could get a ride in a car as sweet as a mini. but a car like that is beyond my wildest dreams

All C4s said was that the mini can outhandle some porsches and ferraris, which is true. no need to resort to personal attacks because somone disagrees with your friend :rolleyes:

method
07-25-2004, 11:38 AM
he said that they can 'outhandle some porsches and ferraris' for the purpose of furthering his love of minis.

if he had said "I like minis. I think they're pretty badass. they're cool little cars that handle well" it wouldnt have been a problem.

the fact that he needed to make comparisons to exotic cars is what is ridiculous. I like driving my miata because it's a fun car to drive, not because 'it can outhandle some 55 thousand dollars cars!'

a magazine runs it through the pylons faster than a car that costs twice as much, and suddenly thats your reason to tell everyone how great it is? no.

pretty soon you'll have guys driving 4th gen civics with built b series engines, tube frame chassis, and all custom suspension running circles around minis and shouting "I only spent 40 grand on this car! its waaaaay better"

I spent 2 grand on a minibike. a god damn minibike. that's a lot of money for a tiny motorcycle, but I'm not gonna start telling people 'well.. it can um... go under trees better than the crf450f does! ehh... it um... has better fuel economy! it has a smaller turning circle! ehh...'

I like minis. I think they're pretty cool cars, and are a successful nod to the small, nimble cars that are meant for driving. cool cars. they're still overpriced, but people will shell out whatever they want to pay for them. my minibike is overpriced in the eyes of a lot of people, but I shelled out the dough. I'm not gonna compare it to clearly better bikes in the hopes of convincing people it's a great bike. it's just not going to work.

turboMiata
07-27-2004, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by C4S
[BHowever if you look at the other side, $70k, and 2 yrs waiting time for a Toyota engine/tranny from a celica ? No kidding ! for some people they know nothing about cars, it is way over-priced, they will still perfer their corolla more !
[/B]

This 70K car has a bonded aluminum tub and composite body for starters. The uninformed only see a car with no roof and Jap engine for 70K. They can keep their Corolla.

PGTze
07-27-2004, 06:56 PM
Meh, it's just not doin it for me :dunno:

Seanith
07-27-2004, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by PGTze
Meh, it's just not doin it for me :dunno:

You probably don't do men either :rofl:

BTW today I saw an original mini that had the licence plate "NOTABMW" lol..

max_boost
07-27-2004, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by 962 kid
All C4s said was that the mini can outhandle some porsches and ferraris, which is true. :werd: Perhaps C4S took the Mini for a drive and realized it was just as capable as his new Porsche 911 around the corners?:dunno:

I think people are reading too much into his comments. I don't think he ever said the Mini is a better car than a Ferrari so why all the hate? :rofl:
:drama:

Redlyne_mr2
07-27-2004, 10:38 PM
Had the chance to see a mini cab up close today. I dont know what mini was thinking:banghead: A mini coupe might be a capable slalom car but a mini cab is heavy and probably flexs like a bastard when you corner hard in it. I have yet to drive one though so my opinion isnt valid