PDA

View Full Version : hellicopters, questions, i need answers

Rockski
07-21-2004, 12:51 AM
ok, ill get to the point, i was speeding, i know its wrong, and especialy to the extent of which i was, chopper beamed its light on me, no cop cars around followed me or pulled me over... can the chopper give me a ticket, run my plate # or anything???? just wondering because if it has some kinda phopo device, would it not shake/what not so as not to get a clear shot?

WGR4Pussies
07-21-2004, 12:53 AM
it might have just used the light the scare you? but i assume it could get your plate.

Punk
07-21-2004, 01:06 AM
:banghead: I watch a lot of cop shows, and I don't ever see them run the plate number with the camera...the light may have been to let a ground unit know where you are and that you're speeding. They also have the FLUR system, but then again that's just for Nightvision, the cameras can only zoom in so far...but nowhere's NEAR far enought to read your plate. Where i live, the staties patrol with a chopper on the highway, but it reports to ground units hiding in the median. I beleive all they do is give a description and the rest...like plate reading...is up the the ground officers.:banghead:

kenny
07-21-2004, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by Rockski
ok, ill get to the point, i was speeding, i know its wrong, and especialy to the extent of which i was, chopper beamed its light on me, no cop cars around followed me or pulled me over... can the chopper give me a ticket, run my plate # or anything???? just wondering because if it has some kinda phopo device, would it not shake/what not so as not to get a clear shot?

They don't do anything... I've done some spirited driving really late at night before with the top down when HAWC1 appeared out of nowhere and lit everything up. Its a bit scary but once my speed dropped back down a bit the light went off and we went our separate ways. They're just patrolling the streets but don't go any further than lighting you up. If you kept it up, they probably would have radioed a ground unit to pull you over.

Rockski
07-21-2004, 01:13 AM
great

thanks that puts alot of ease on my mind, but to be on the safe side, i convinced my land lady to take her matrix out of the garage for the night and let the lada have a turn in hiding, i just hope that nothing more happens... thus a lesson learned and the speeding stops

rage2
07-21-2004, 01:19 AM
I too have been lit up by HAWC1 driving late at night. 120km/h on crowchild at 4am all by myself. Menace to society :rolleyes:.

1badPT
07-21-2004, 01:21 AM
oh you drive a lada?

Maybe the pilot was like hey, that's not someone driving a lada is it? Then lit you up just to be sure. :nut:

Rockski
07-21-2004, 01:24 AM
could of, some guys in traffic coulnt belive he saw one running, whats the limit on crowchild, 80? havent been in town for a while...
i was pulling 100 on 50th street up here (a 50 zone)

turbo_equiped
07-21-2004, 01:31 AM
Yea man i dont think you have anything to worry about over here. You should be safe. It was just like a warning light i guess, so that you slow down. Happened to us on deerfoor, when my brother was overspeeding. It was like a flash kinda thing, my brother thought cops alaready took his picture overspeeding and hes gonna get a ticket anyways so he kept on going at the same speed.

Rockski
07-21-2004, 01:43 AM
outch man, photo radars hurt, ive had my FAIR share

turbo_equiped
07-21-2004, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by Rockski
outch man, photo radars hurt, ive had my FAIR share

O Yea!! I think i forgot to add. He never got any ticket after that. We still dont know where that flash was from. Guessing someone took a picture or something.

Rockski
07-21-2004, 02:01 AM
well, better luck then me

turbo_equiped
07-21-2004, 02:03 AM
^^lol
dont worry, i dont think you will be getting any ticket either. So just take it easy and chill and shit.l
lol...:thumbsup:

Rockski
07-21-2004, 02:04 AM
thanks man

ZorroAMG
07-21-2004, 09:45 AM
Hehe, how can you actually speed in a Lada?? :D J/K

cycosis
07-21-2004, 11:36 AM
i was in my buddies car, and i was followed in hawcs on heritage dr. while going 85
it scared the shit out of me
but no ticket :D

Rockski
07-21-2004, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
Hehe, how can you actually speed in a Lada?? :D J/K

no offence taken man, its just a lada, its only a temp car

ZorroAMG
07-21-2004, 12:40 PM
It's all good :)