PDA

View Full Version : Real Answersd On Importing

Indigo_Hammer
07-23-2004, 02:31 PM
I have found a Japan car supplier, which gives me access to high grade and low cost cars. I am specificly looking at importing 15 year old BMW 735i 88,89,90 and newer if possible........................read on.......

I have a general idea, but want to know more, looking at investing alot of money as mark up margin for these car can be quite large if fees are kept small.

I have look at many sites like:
www.riv.com (not very helpfull)
www.autoterminal.com (lots of info)
www.importconcern.com
the jns site
www.japan-partner.com (good shipping info)

just to name a few

Most people on these forums give there opinion but really know nothing about importing cars. I have seen that there are 2 or 3 members really know there stuff. I need to know details for importing, such as:

Total Costs and proceedures used

storing cars in Japan until they are leagal for 130/month?
load the car in japan for 50k JY?
Shipping - 3 cars in a container for $1900 USD
Customs (paper work) cost???
Taxes (GST) is 7%
Duty is 8% (air conditioning = $100, and one time fee of $183)
Recertifying Car and PST-7% (out of provice inspection) use Canadaian Tire and sweet talk the inspector/mechanic $$$$

Are there some things that I am missing?

Some members have stated that there are loop holes, which make certain exceptions possible. Could these people please enlighten me as to how to attain a vehicles through these loopholes. Dealer plates have been mentioned and very small amount of usefull info has been give out. Could a so called expert please shed some light on this topic. If you do not want to share the answer with all members please PM me and we can chat? Thanks to all who read this and see you on the street.

ACX
07-23-2004, 05:05 PM
www.importconcern.ca not com :D

rage2
07-23-2004, 05:31 PM
You basically have to import a few cars and find out for yourself how much it really costs. Companies like importconcern and JNS have done this and is able to provide a service for us. They know exactly how much it costs, and I doubt they'll want to tell you because they ARE a business.

If you're looking for loopholes to bring in cars newer than 15 years, it's useless in a business, since these loopholes are meant for the end user, so these cars are yours and you can't sell them.