PDA

View Full Version : High School Transcripts

crazydriver
07-23-2004, 11:14 PM
i was wondering of the universities recieved anyones high school transcripts, i asked alot of friends and they said the University has gotten theirs, but they still haven't gotten mine yet, so i'm just wanna know if the mailman has lost mine, or i screwed up the request form or sumthing

AznDragon2004
07-23-2004, 11:38 PM
Anyone know how long it will take if i directly send transcripts to SAIT. How many days?

H4LFY2nR
07-24-2004, 04:13 AM
I need to get my transcript to UofC by Aug.1, if I order it now will it get there in time? Why do they have to cut it so close, I just got my marks back today.:eek:

D'z Nutz
07-24-2004, 10:40 AM
Does your last name have any hyphens or spaces in it (like Von Bismarck, for example)? If so, you might want to check and see if it was sent with AND without the space/hyphen. My friend's last name has a space in it, and she literally sent about 10 transcripts to the U of C before figuring out that her last name on her transcript was spelt without the space. That caused a lot of confusion, and not to mention stress.

kiwi
07-24-2004, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by H4LFY2nR
I need to get my transcript to UofC by Aug.1, if I order it now will it get there in time? Why do they have to cut it so close, I just got my marks back today.:eek:

I don't really remember what the order form looks like, but isn't there one option where you can get them to send it ASAP?

V6-BoI
07-24-2004, 01:10 PM
You don't mail it to them do you? I thought you have to go through CBE and pay 10 bucks to send a transcript to post secondaries?

AznDragon2004
07-24-2004, 02:12 PM
Ya why are the cut off dates so close. So how do i order transcripts??

Do i go to www.learning.gov.ab.ca and print out the form then mail it and people in edmonton will directly send transcripts to SAIT???

Chester
07-24-2004, 07:45 PM
It might be too late for you guys. I sent the form in to send my transcripts to universities way back in December.

AznDragon2004
07-24-2004, 11:33 PM
I don't think its too late. Why do u say its too late?

crazydriver
07-25-2004, 12:02 AM
ya i know such a short cut off date.. i got my marks yesterday, but the UofC still hasn't seen my transcript, the Uni has gotten most of my friends so ya, i think i'm the one who messed up, i just ordered another one last nite, just hope it makes it in time

Azndragon2004: YES go there to order the transcripts

http://www.learning.gov.ab.ca/learning/studentservices/transcripts.asp

D'z Nutz: nope my names doesn't have hypens or any other punctuation, but u guys might wanna check that out, maybe give them a call, i would have, but u know that lazy ppl at the UofC, don't open up on the weekends

kiwi: yes there is an ASAP option, i highly recommend checking that option seeing the deadline is less then a week

Chester: i sent in a request for my transcript in like April, some of my friends did it in June and the Uni has gotten theirs, but i don't think its too late (well lets hope not)

and best of luck to all the other ppl stuck in the same boat as me

Chester
07-25-2004, 06:14 PM
well it wouldnt be too late at the beginning of june or in april but the last week of june is probably to late

AznDragon2004
07-25-2004, 10:38 PM
I don't think its too late. We still got like 7 days till deadline (at least for me). Some people still haven't even received their diploma marks so i don't think its too late.

Chester
07-25-2004, 10:44 PM
Doesn't matter if you've recieved your diploma marks or not. As soon as the diplomas are marked your marks are printed on a transcript and mailed out. It probably takes at least 5 business days, so if i were one of you guys who hasnt done it yet I would do it tomorrow.

turbo_equiped
07-28-2004, 06:46 PM
Just do them online man. That same website above, go there and "order transcripts electronically". You need a credit card for that so that you can pay online. But you gotta do them ASAP, like right now, wont be too late then. Otherwise i dont know.

SI-vic
07-28-2004, 08:11 PM
It's not too late to send in transcripts. I forget when I sent mine into SAIT but I know it was very very very late.
I was also accepted into my program 1 day before classes started so, its never too late for anything at SAIT.
At MRC, I sent mine in early so I'm not sure when its too late for that school.

When I ordered my transcripts, I ordered them directly to the schools. It didnt come to me, it went STRAIGHT to the schools so that I didnt have to waste my time.
I think they said it would take around 5 business days.

AznDragon2004
07-28-2004, 10:43 PM
I ordered transcripts on the 26th and told them to be sent directly to SAIT.

crazydriver
07-28-2004, 10:50 PM
26th? ouch thats kind late, now where's mine??? crap, the deadline for UofC is next monday. uhoh.. looks like i'm a shit.. anyone have pointers on how to some how extend that deadline for urself or maybe wut to do if its not in on time???