PDA

View Full Version : going to U of L anyone attending U of L please help

k_dawg
07-24-2004, 02:04 AM
Hi there,
I'm going to University of Lethbridge next year and this will be my first year there I was wondering if anyone beyond members are going or already go there I just wanted to make some friends so I won't feel home sick while I'm there. If anyone is could they please PM me or message me thanks in advance.

1badPT
07-24-2004, 02:22 AM
On the one hand, its Lethbridge, not that far away.

On the other hand, its Lethbridge, poor you :tongue:

R-Audi
07-25-2004, 12:52 AM
Lethbridge isnt bad at all, been there for a few years, graduate in December. Dont listen to the haters.
Advice: Get involved with things in the first week!

ZorroAMG
07-25-2004, 02:45 AM
Originally posted by 1badPT
On the one hand, its Lethbridge, not that far away.

On the other hand, its Lethbridge, poor you :tongue:

Now now, PT, you've obviously never been there for school...it's a great time!

Phats
07-25-2004, 02:19 PM
If you are in res it's super easy to meet people and make friends as long as make a half assed effort. If you're not in res it is still pretty easy to make friends in the classes you attend, most of the people going there will be in the same boat you are in, don't know people and want to meet friends. You just have to put yourself out there.

Paul
07-27-2004, 12:31 PM
Good luck in your studies, i just graduated from there, spent last 3 years down there. It was not a baaad school, just some of the teachers are on such power trips. What's your major?

Some places to check out:

- The Duke (good for kareokee)
- The Top Hat (good for boobies and meeting gurls :poosie: )
- Roadhouse & Spin (the original ones, good for looking at drunk first years)
- The library and their crazy fucked up hours, doesn't open til 1:00 on Sunday so you can get shit-faced on Saturday, sleep in and then study.
- Icey's - for their so called best taco's in the west (ya right)
- Berkley Place for cheap rent if you don't wanna live on campus in the shit REZ. it's right across the street from the University, rent was 625 for a 2 bedroom with utilities included.

Definitely get involved around campus, join some clubs, meet new people and be ready to drink lots. Check out the off campus housing listings on the U of L website, find a nice place with someone who you think would be a cool room mate.

Have Fun.

Paul
07-27-2004, 12:33 PM
I still have $30.00 of party points at the liquor store down there, but they won't let me use them cuz they're under my room mates name, but it was all me! :(

roopi
07-27-2004, 12:45 PM
Don't live in rez. Berkley Place :thumbsup:

Paul
07-27-2004, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by roopi
Don't live in rez. Berkley Place :thumbsup:

Just don't get stuck with one of the units that hasn't been remodeled, cuz they have orange shag carpet :barf:

k_dawg
07-27-2004, 12:52 PM
Well my major is bacholor of science in biological science and I'm going there cause u of c didn't accept me so I was thinking of going there for a year and coming back but I wasn't too sure if it was a good school and all. Thank you for all your help I apperciated it. Thanks paul for all the info, i apperciate it alot. Thanks guys

Weapon_R
07-27-2004, 12:53 PM
Is there any reason you picked Lethbridge over Calgary?

Paul
07-27-2004, 02:21 PM
mine was plain and simple, i couldn't get into U of C (i'm such a dumbass) and Mt. Royal transfers to U of L with little ease. It was prolly the best thing I could have done for myself, while gaining my university education i also gained the experience of living on my own, something i couldn't have afforded to do here in Calgary.

The people I met and the experiences i had are something to cherish for a lifetime. Congrats on your choice for choosing U of L, and I hope your experience was as good as mine.

:thumbsup: U of L :thumbsup:

roopi
07-27-2004, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by Paul

Just don't get stuck with one of the units that hasn't been remodeled, cuz they have orange shag carpet :barf:

Or the ones designed for handicap people because the counter are soooo low. Unless you are handicapped then this would be the perfect fit for you.

k_dawg
07-28-2004, 05:28 PM
Thanks everyone,
So is there no one going to u of L next year then? well my choices were U of L or mount royal and transfer to u of c. I still dont know which one to chooose. I didn't get into u of c this year so I'm trying to decide on what to do. If i stay in calgary I'd do mount royal for a year and transfer ot u of c or go to lethrbridge.

turbo_equiped
07-28-2004, 05:39 PM
I was just about to do my course registration for Lethbridge, when i checked my application status for U of C and saw that they accepted me as well. So i will be going there now.

roopi
07-29-2004, 09:52 AM
Go to UofL. Trust me you will meet alot of people and make friends in no time. It's good town to go to school in.

Wildcat
07-29-2004, 12:48 PM
ill be back for my second year this september, this time im out of that hole-in-the-wall residence, i just bought a new condo on the westside in the developing area :bigpimp:

some advice: dont make eye contact with the res girls, and especially dont feed them!

Paul
07-30-2004, 10:50 AM
My favorite line..."the best way to see Lethbridge is in your rear-view mirror"

but seriously, it was a fun place, and i kinda miss it...despite bitching about it all the time. :cry:

civic_love
08-13-2004, 01:01 AM
yeah dude... i got to u of l and its peaceful downthere... its a good school to go to if you wanna get away from calgary and focus... im going to school in sept so if you wanna chill and have me show you da ropes pm me... always could use a new friend... i went to the u of c b4 and transfered to u of l to get away from calgary and focus... smartest descision ive made..:thumbsup: