PDA

View Full Version : I bought a new car

Pages : [1] 2

max_boost
06-10-2002, 09:48 PM
That's right, you did not read wrong! Maxboost finally bought a car! But what did he buy? I know you guys don't care but I'm just so happy right now! Maybe you guys can guess! I'll have the car here in 2 weeks!:clap:

At last, I am no longer one of those guys who always talks about getting a car but never does get one:rofl: :thumbsup:

RiceCake
06-10-2002, 09:55 PM
congrats finally dood! :thumbsup:

so any hints at all? :confused:

Audi Kid
06-10-2002, 09:56 PM
mmmmmm hint! :)

eludeu
06-10-2002, 09:58 PM
ahh c'mon, at least give some hints!!! At least the car saga is over now hahahahah! CONGRATULATIONS:thumbsup:

4wheeldrift
06-10-2002, 09:59 PM
You finally yielded to your darker impulses and bought a WRX?

max_boost
06-10-2002, 10:02 PM
Sorry guys, no hints! lol

I am so happy because I got such a sweet ass deal man! Car has very low kms and I am so positive that I can flip it for even more money! LOL

max_boost
06-10-2002, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by 4wheeldrift
You finally yielded to your darker impulses and bought a WRX?

I was so close to buying that car it wasn't even funny but I figured, my sister has a 01 2.5RS, didn't really want two subies in the family.

redline
06-10-2002, 10:04 PM
i say BMW :thumbsup:

redline
06-10-2002, 10:05 PM
either that or its all an internet scam and he bought the CTR to wheat out.

spyderman
06-10-2002, 10:07 PM
Congrats man!! Now you won't have to try so hard to keep up in that 4x4 when we're cruising.... :p

Superesc
06-10-2002, 10:15 PM
hehehehe Yea I say its a Bimmer!

bol
06-10-2002, 10:17 PM
I found the BMW he bought!! :thumbsup:

Max's BMW (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7993)

He's right, low kms and the price was right!

Superesc
06-10-2002, 10:19 PM
hehe so I guess it is still a 4x4 or is that 2x3 or 3x4 ??? hehehe

considering he still got the BMW sig, I think that's a big hint already!

spyderman
06-10-2002, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by bol

Damn! It's an M3!! :bigpimp:

D'z Nutz
06-10-2002, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by bol

Oh shit, that's painful to look at!

Are you sure it wasn't this (http://www.cqql.net/bmw.htm)?

max_boost
06-10-2002, 10:49 PM
Geesh you guys!! LOL:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :thumbsup: Good stuff!!!:confused:

Audi Kid
06-10-2002, 10:50 PM
omg...id pay 1000 00000000 for that urkel mobile!! ya babt

MiNG
06-11-2002, 12:26 AM
SWEET! can't wait to see.

RSeXy
06-11-2002, 12:30 AM
*yay* finally!:clap:

James
06-11-2002, 04:36 AM
Sweet man! Congrats!:thumbsup: Should be gettin my new car early next week! Im so excited, I hate drving that old tempo!:bigpimp:

Redlyne_mr2
06-11-2002, 09:34 AM
Way to go dude congrats on the car, can't wait to see pics!!!!:thumbsup: :clap: :thumbsup: :clap:

girlRACER
06-11-2002, 09:47 AM
Congratulations on the new car Max! :clap:

Ed the SOHC
06-11-2002, 10:01 AM
Woot! I can't wait to see what it is....

Is it a "new" car as in 2002? or is it used? as in that red nsx?

cocoabrova
06-11-2002, 04:28 PM
Congrats on the new ride.......:woot: Time to start shopping for new stuff to :bigpimp: out your ride huh...... :thumbsup:

LUDELVR
06-11-2002, 05:18 PM
about fucking time man!!! hahaha. It took only about a 4 years to decide and about 5 million times to change ur mind!! haha:thumbsup:
I only have one thing to say
"Championship white, carbon fiber hood....ohhhh....."
hahahahahaha:thumbsup: :clap: :rofl:

CRXguy
06-11-2002, 09:01 PM
WTF?!?!??!!?!

You said you were gonna go car shopping, and decided to buy right away? That's like me!!!! LOL

:D

max_boost
06-11-2002, 09:06 PM
I've been looking for a new car for a long ass time but I wanted to find the best deal available and I finally found it! haha

bol
06-11-2002, 10:10 PM
I know what max bought! :nut:

Clem
06-11-2002, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by bol
I know what max bought! :nut:

Only cuz I figured it out for you. ;)

bol
06-11-2002, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by Clem

Only cuz I figured it out for you. ;)

You're in Edmonton so you don't count!

Clem
06-11-2002, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by bol

You're in Edmonton so you don't count!

Still makes me smarter than you :rofl:

bol
06-11-2002, 10:21 PM

Still makes me smarter than you :rofl:

I'm just glad I don't look like you! :guns:

Clem
06-11-2002, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by bol

I'm just glad I don't look like you! :guns:

Me too, people would think I was gay if they saw the way you act. :bigpimp:

RSeXy
06-11-2002, 10:28 PM
oh my...haha..so is there a running bet for what maxboost bought? hahah...if so i think my odds of wiinning maybe good! any takers?? heheh

bol
06-11-2002, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by RSeXy
oh my...haha..so is there a running bet for what maxboost bought? hahah...if so i think my odds of wiinning maybe good! any takers?? heheh

Prize is one night with me

heres my pic:
http://www.cellblock5.com/me.gif

Clem
06-11-2002, 10:29 PM

Take a guess ;)

2000impreza
06-11-2002, 10:32 PM
just a guess but 2001 BMW 330Ci?

Clem
06-11-2002, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by 2000impreza

Nopers. :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

RSeXy
06-11-2002, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by bol

Prize is one night with me

heres my pic:
http://www.cellblock5.com/me.gif

damn bol! you've gotten better looking from when i last saw you!! hahah...jk of course! heheh

RSeXy
06-11-2002, 10:36 PM

Nopers. :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

so what do you think it is Clem?

Clem
06-11-2002, 10:38 PM

so what do you think it is Clem?

I don't think I should say. Max seems to want it that way. :bigpimp:

bol
06-11-2002, 10:39 PM
Lada!

max_boost
Originally posted by 2000impreza

I could only wish!

Its not like a big secret or anything, I just didn't really want to say anything until I actually have the car here. CAuse you never know, things do happen!

I factor in many things, including price, mileage, practicality. I didn't want to blow my hard earned savings in one car and be broke for years.

So I bought a 2000 323I Silver/Black Leatherette(Vinyl) only 15000kms. The car is located in North Vancouver, going to be flying down there in a couple weeks and driving the car back.

2000impreza
the suspense :guns: hahaha.

RSeXy

I don't think I should say. Max seems to want it that way. :bigpimp:

you mean he's keeping secrets from his own girl??? haha

:guns:

Clem
06-11-2002, 10:40 PM

you mean he's keeping secrets from his own girl??? haha

:guns:

You mean relationships aren't supposed to be that way? DOH!!!! :nut: :nut: :nut:

RSeXy
06-11-2002, 10:42 PM

You mean relationships aren't supposed to be that way? DOH!!!! :nut: :nut: :nut:

:madred: :guns:

hehe..naw i knew..just i'm bad at keeping secrets! so at least it wasn't me who told! haha...yay for my credibility!!

BTW..i like your bimmer !

max_boost
06-11-2002, 10:44 PM
The car is as stock as stock can get. I think the last owner just took the msrp+freight+tax and that's it! LOL

I have lots of work to do!

Hey Clem, are HID kits available to order from the factory or aftermarket? Anything you recommend?

Clem
06-11-2002, 10:44 PM

:madred: :guns:

hehe..naw i knew..just i'm bad at keeping secrets! so at least it wasn't me who told! haha...yay for my credibility!!

BTW..i like your bimmer !

Well thank you very much. Did you get a chance to see my new pictures? They are in the Photo/Video Gallery.

No one told me what Max was getting. I kind of put 2 and 2 together as I am the admin of a certain forum he's currently visiting. ;)

Clem
06-11-2002, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
The car is as stock as stock can get. I think the last owner just took the msrp+freight+tax and that's it! LOL

I have lots of work to do!

Hey Clem, are HID kits available to order from the factory or aftermarket? Anything you recommend?

Both actually. Personally I like the OEM style since they have that nice "pearl" projector.

Drop me an email or IM anytime if you need mod advice for your car.

max_boost
06-11-2002, 10:47 PM

Both actually. Personally I like the OEM style since they have that nice "pearl" projector.

Is the OEM kit expensive? I have a feeling its going to cost an arm and a leg! I think "lighting" is going to be my first objective. I have to do things in stride!

Probably start out with Clear corners/euro taillamps/Hid or ricer bulbs lol

Clem
06-11-2002, 10:49 PM

Is the OEM kit expensive? I have a feeling its going to cost an arm and a leg! I think "lighting" is going to be my first objective. I have to do things in stride!

Probably start out with Clear corners/euro taillamps/Hid or ricer bulbs lol

HEY I HAVE RICER BULBS!!!! :madred: :guns: :madred: :guns:

Lighting is a good start, check the classifieds on the "other" site's classifieds board. There are some for sale there. Also like I mentioned before I can get you wholesale pricing on OEM parts new.

bol
06-11-2002, 10:51 PM
be prepared to be shocked at the price for rear clears :eek:

Ed the SOHC
06-11-2002, 10:52 PM
The car is located in North Vancouver, going to be flying down there in a couple weeks and driving the car back.

need a co-driver? incase u get :zzz:

Clem
06-11-2002, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by bol
be prepared to be shocked at the price for rear clears :eek:

Oh shit I forgot about that. I know someone is selling a full set in the Fanatics classifieds.

My recommendation is you go OEM for the lenses. The aftermarket never fit right.

max_boost
06-11-2002, 10:55 PM

HEY I HAVE RICER BULBS!!!! :madred: :guns: :madred: :guns:

Lighting is a good start, check the classifieds on the "other" site's classifieds board. There are some for sale there. Also like I mentioned before I can get you wholesale pricing on OEM parts new.

Hey, I will take you up on your offer! I'm definitely getting the corners/taillights first. You can PM with a price if you like. I've never bought anything in the classifieds online before, something tells me that I might get ripped off. I am really risk averse! LOL:confused:

ninspeed
06-11-2002, 10:55 PM
go to the message boards at www.dscr.net and pm a guy named Tony The Tiger .. he is the HID god.. he know all about HID and can hook you up for cheep

max_boost
06-11-2002, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by Ed the SOHC

need a co-driver? incase u get :zzz:

Thanks for the offer Sohc but the gf is coming and its going to be a mini 3 day trip thing lol

With all the twisties on the way back I think that should be enough to keep me awake! LOL

rage2
06-11-2002, 10:56 PM
Its not like a big secret or anything, I just didn't really want to say anything until I actually have the car here. CAuse you never know, things do happen!

Yes things could happen, for example, if you don't tell me, I'll take away your Premium Membership (tm)!

Clem
06-11-2002, 10:57 PM

Hey, I will take you up on your offer! I'm definitely getting the corners/taillights first. You can PM with a price if you like. I've never bought anything in the classifieds online before, something tells me that I might get ripped off. I am really risk averse! LOL:confused:

No worries. You pay the price at the dealer and you know you're not getting ripped off by someone in another country right?

No pricing off hand, just let me know when you want them and I can get a price for you.

If you need mod inspiration click on my signature. :)

btw: anymore specs on the car?

max_boost
06-11-2002, 10:57 PM
If I didn't spend so much money on my last car I would have so much more $$$ for this car. Oh well, lesson well learnt I guess! If you mod, never go back! LOL

Clem
06-11-2002, 10:59 PM
If I didn't spend so much money on my last car I would have so much more $$$ for this car. Oh well, lesson well learnt I guess! If you mod, never go back! LOL

It's an addiction. :rolleyes:

max_boost
06-11-2002, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by rage2

Yes things could happen, for example, if you don't tell me, I'll take away your Premium Membership (tm)!

No way! I'm the one and only!:rofl: :rofl:

max_boost
06-11-2002, 11:04 PM

No worries. You pay the price at the dealer and you know you're not getting ripped off by someone in another country right?

No pricing off hand, just let me know when you want them and I can get a price for you.

If you need mod inspiration click on my signature. :)

btw: anymore specs on the car?

Thanks dude.
My car is so stock its not even funny. No sunroof, no sport/premium packages. I even have hubcaps and a cassette player! Dam it! I think I have keyless entry!

bol
06-11-2002, 11:06 PM

Thanks dude.
My car is so stock its not even funny. No sunroof, no sport/premium packages. I even have hubcaps and a cassette player! Dam it!

hubcaps rule :D

maybe you wanna help a brother out and buy my winter wheels! 17"s! :bigpimp:

Clem
06-11-2002, 11:07 PM

Thanks dude.
My car is so stock its not even funny. No sunroof, no sport/premium packages. I even have hubcaps and a cassette player! Dam it!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

We'll get that sucka looking good.

1 big recommendation is paint those mouldings. I have a black car and it made a world of difference. Imagine what it will do for silver.

My buddy Senad's car for example.

Before:

max_boost
06-11-2002, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by bol

hubcaps rule :D

maybe you wanna help a brother out and buy my winter wheels! 17"s! :bigpimp:

What kind of wheels is it? I was thinking of keeping hubcaps for this summer/winter and save for hamanns next spring hehe

Clem
06-11-2002, 11:08 PM
After

max_boost
06-11-2002, 11:09 PM

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

We'll get that sucka looking good.

1 big recommendation is paint those mouldings. I have a black car and it made a world of difference. Imagine what it will do for silver.

My buddy Senad's car for example.

Before:

I got big plans for the car! I'm planning to paint the mouldings when I can save up enough for a hamann GTR kit hehe

Clem
06-11-2002, 11:09 PM

What kind of wheels is it? I was thinking of keeping hubcaps for this summer/winter and save for hamanns next spring hehe

I have 15" steel wheels for winter and a set of OEM 16" wheels the same as the ones in the "before" pic I'll let go for cheap.

Clem
06-11-2002, 11:10 PM

I got big plans for the car! I'm planning to paint the mouldings when I can save up enough for a hamann GTR kit hehe

Nice!!!!!! :D

max_boost
06-11-2002, 11:10 PM
WOW the car looks so clean after, how much did it cost to paint the moudlings? My parents would freak if I have to leave my car overnight at a paint shop. My last car was in and out of the shop every other week lol

bol
06-11-2002, 11:11 PM

they're 17" steelies with pirelli wintersport 210 tires(barely used)

Clem
06-11-2002, 11:12 PM
WOW the car looks so clean after, how much did it cost to paint the moudlings? My parents would freak if I have to leave my car overnight at a paint shop. My last car was in and out of the shop every other week lol

Can't recall, I'll check my paintshop bill when I get to work tomorrow. I'd get a fresh set of trim to paint. Wax, black renewer etc... will hinder the paint from sticking no matter how much you prep it.

max_boost
06-11-2002, 11:13 PM

I have 15" steel wheels for winter and a set of OEM 16" wheels the same as the ones in the "before" pic I'll let go for cheap.
'
I like those 5 stars, I might be interested. I'll see what my summer budget is. Most likely this big buildup will beover the winter hehe The bank account got drained pretty good on this car, living pay cheque to pay cheque right now lol

max_boost
06-11-2002, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by bol

they're 17" steelies with pirelli wintersport 210 tires(barely used)

I'm going to get winter tires for sures come winter, maybe if you still have them then or something

Clem
06-11-2002, 11:16 PM

'
I like those 5 stars, I might be interested. I'll see what my summer budget is. Most likely this big buildup will beover the winter hehe The bank account got drained pretty good on this car, living pay cheque to pay cheque right now lol

They have Michelin Arctic Alpins on the 15s. Awesome winter tire. The 16s have Bridgestone Turanzas. Let me know and we can talk price. For the right price I'd even drive them down for you ;)

I know what you mean by pay cheque to pay cheque, I'm at that point right now. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

bol
06-11-2002, 11:16 PM

I'm going to get winter tires for sures come winter, maybe if you still have them then or something

hah i'll be lucky if someone would take them for free :(

Clem
06-11-2002, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by bol

I would have last winter. Sell them on Fanatics Adam. Lots of 325/330s need winter wheels.

max_boost
06-11-2002, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by bol

Yo man, if its free, send them over. I'll hook you up with food! LOL

bol
06-11-2002, 11:19 PM

I would have last winter. Sell them on Fanatics Adam. Lots of 325/330s need winter wheels.

and lots of e46fanatics insulted them when they were posted
i mean sure they're ugly but they are WINTER WHEELS!

bol
06-11-2002, 11:20 PM

Yo man, if its free, send them over. I'll hook you up with food! LOL

better be free food for a year delivered to my door here in the NW!

Clem
06-11-2002, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by bol

and lots of e46fanatics insulted them when they were posted
i mean sure they're ugly but they are WINTER WHEELS!

LOL they laughed at mine all the time. You're too sensitive. :p

bol
06-11-2002, 11:22 PM

LOL they laughed at mine all the time. You're too sensitive. :p

I'm not sensitive I just don't have high opinions of a lot of people on that board

Clem
06-11-2002, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by bol

I'm not sensitive I just don't have high opinions of a lot of people on that board

they're alright.

max_boost
06-11-2002, 11:23 PM
So what do you guys recommend for suspension?
H&R Coilovers and B&G coilovers cost way too much. How would the H&R springs do with bilstein shocks?

Clem
06-11-2002, 11:24 PM
So what do you guys recommend for suspension?
H&R Coilovers and B&G coilovers cost way too much. How would the H&R springs do with bilstein shocks?

the shocks will actually hinder the drop a bit. Look at the H&R cup kit. Right now I'm running H&R race on OEM sport shocks with no problems.

shadowz
06-12-2002, 02:10 AM
Congrats on the new ride

kenny
06-12-2002, 02:21 AM
I found out what car max was getting cuz when I was in Vancouver I talked to some guy who just sold his car to a guy in Calgary.... then Max posts this and I figured it was him and ICQ'd him. Using a little social manipulation skills, I confirmed it. Haha.

Ed the SOHC
06-12-2002, 08:29 AM

Thanks for the offer Sohc but the gf is coming and its going to be a mini 3 day trip thing lol

With all the twisties on the way back I think that should be enough to keep me awake! LOL

It's cuz I don't have breast right? hahaha :rofl: :rofl:

Congrats on car Sam!

Clem
06-12-2002, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by kenny
I found out what car max was getting cuz when I was in Vancouver I talked to some guy who just sold his car to a guy in Calgary.... then Max posts this and I figured it was him and ICQ'd him. Using a little social manipulation skills, I confirmed it. Haha.

This is how I figured out...........................

E46Fanatics.com (of which I am an admin) got a new member named Max_Boost. Whom of course starts posting looking for info. In his user profile it states location = Calgary, car = 2000 323i. Now Max has been posting he got a new car. Now 2+2=Max bought a bimmer :p

buh_buh
06-12-2002, 10:33 AM
Wow Sherlock that's amazing.
Now to solve the JFK assassination.:D :thumbsup:

Clem
06-12-2002, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by buh_buh
Wow Sherlock that's amazing.
Now to solve the JFK assassination.:D :thumbsup:

CIA/Alien collaboration :p :p

4wheeldrift
06-12-2002, 09:47 PM

CIA/Alien collaboration :p :p

Nah, it was elvis in the conservatory with mrs. plum :nut:

And clem, your sig is awesome!

max_boost
06-12-2002, 11:25 PM
Hey Clem,

I PM you about the OEM corners/taillamps and HID

Thanks

Clem
06-13-2002, 12:10 AM
Hey Clem,

I PM you about the OEM corners/taillamps and HID

Thanks

Back at cha!!! :)

When you coming up so I can give you some mod inspiration? Got a lot of different routes you might be interested in taking with your new car. We should talk. :)

FYI: Calgary BMW's service dept SUCKS ASS. Might want to consider coming up to Bavaria BMW.

bol
06-13-2002, 12:14 AM

FYI: Calgary BMW's service dept SUCKS ASS. Might want to consider coming up to Bavaria BMW.

No way Clem. Calgary BMW rules. Yeah. They really do. Yup.

Clem
06-13-2002, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by bol

No way Clem. Calgary BMW rules. Yeah. They really do. Yup.

Maybe they just didn't like you :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

bol
06-13-2002, 12:17 AM

Maybe they just didn't like you :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

nah i'm gonna go with "lets ride this guy for what he's worth"

kenny
06-13-2002, 12:49 AM
Max bought a alpine white 323 and is going to install the CF hood the day it arrives in Calgary! hahah :rofl: