PDA

View Full Version : b16 missing at around 5500 and up

jfulton
07-26-2004, 12:48 PM
got eh b16 in the crx .. new plugs,wires rotor, cap, new o2 sensors ..

but the exhast still stinks a little rich kinda.. and it misses when a punch it ,, and take it up to 5500 or 6000 it starts missing ..

really need help soon
thanks

EK 2.0
07-26-2004, 12:52 PM
you are sure the plug gap is correct??...and as well what fuel are you running??..I know you CAN run regular...but fill it with premium...and see if that makes a difference if you already havent...

also check ignition timing...a couple of degrees may not make a difference under light throttle, but under hard acceleration might casue a miss or hesitation...

hjr
07-26-2004, 01:05 PM
could have fuel issues. dirty filter or weak pump.

GT2NV
07-26-2004, 01:28 PM
my brother had the same problem in his b16 g2 teg , he just got an oil change and it was fine after that:)

EK 2.0
07-26-2004, 01:38 PM
not to sound like a prick or anything...but I dont see the correlation between an oil change and missing/hesitation...

WGR4Pussies
07-26-2004, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by CycloneAWD
not to sound like a prick or anything...but I dont see the correlation between an oil change and missing/hesitation...

I know true dat, some people are so messed up.

then engine probly isn't grounded very well, how are your grounds? try re doing them.

GT2NV
07-26-2004, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by WGR4Pussies

I know true dat, some people are so messed up.

sorry just trying to help, same problem happened to my brother, ill refrain from further advise

EK 2.0
07-26-2004, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by black94gt

sorry just trying to help, same problem happened to my brother, ill refrain from further advise

dude, dont listen to WGR4imaloser...I was just curious as to how they are connected...you offered advice which is more than can be said for a lot of people on this forum or any other for that matter...We can only hope that when he swapped the motor in he used fresh fluids...

thats why I had said not to sound like a prick...which WGR did...:rolleyes:

jfulton
07-26-2004, 02:54 PM
ive had the motor in for 2 months now .. and yes lol ive had 2 oil changes .. i run premium fuel ..

I havent changed fuel filter ..
i havent changed plug gap.. but , honda installed them..

my timing could be off..

also i now that im missing one of those little filters on one of my injectors ..

anyone want to help me out ..

ill try adjusting the timing tonight ..

thanks for the info

nosuggestion is a shitty one

WGR4Pussies
07-26-2004, 02:55 PM
I said check your grounds.

jfulton
07-26-2004, 03:06 PM
.. forgot to mention that i have a big ground kit .. from the tranny and body right to the battery .. and big wires from the valve cover to body ..

thanks though .. that did help when i put that on .. it solved idle problems .. put that on a month ago

WGR4Pussies
07-26-2004, 03:54 PM
did you just get the tune up done? sometimes it takes awhile for all the parts to ware in so that they wrok correctly. check to make sure your plug wires are all on correctly and tight.

jfulton
07-26-2004, 04:22 PM
everything is a month old except the plug wires..

oh , and sometimes when i give er .. it accelerates just fine .. doesnt miss ..