PDA

View Full Version : Clearing Headlights

redline_13000
11-04-2002, 12:57 AM
Hi.. a friend told me that rpm racing would be able to clear my headlights..anyone know if this is true? if so how much do they charge?thanks

max_boost
11-04-2002, 01:01 AM
Not sure how much they charge but they did it on my buddy's 1.6EL and it turned out pretty good

Hollywood
11-04-2002, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by max_boost
Not sure how much they charge but they did it on my buddy's 1.6EL and it turned out pretty good

What do they exactly do?

max_boost
11-04-2002, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by Hollywood (2)

What do they exactly do?

RPM Racing or the clearing of the lights? Basically they took out the amber reflector in the corner lense......sounds simple but I couldn't do it:rofl:

Hollywood
11-04-2002, 02:05 AM
Originally posted by max_boost

RPM Racing or the clearing of the lights? Basically they took out the amber reflector in the corner lense......sounds simple but I couldn't do it:rofl:

Ooooooh K. I misunderstood. I thought they take regular plastic lenses and make them clear....I was like woh kickass...and now I feel dumb and used like a cheap xenon bulb.:banghead: ;)

szw
11-04-2002, 02:09 AM
Its different for all cars, but a lot of the times "clearing out headlights" involves drilling a small hole or opening up the headlight, and using a bunch of tools to break and smash the amber part, then cutting them into little pieces, and pulling them out!!

Its kinda scary but I guess a lot of people do it. haha

Weapon_R
11-04-2002, 04:31 AM
Sometimes they sand away at the amber part until it's been taken off and then they spray a light silver spray to make it completely clear. RPM does an awesome job with this.

Davan
11-04-2002, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by szw
Its different for all cars, but a lot of the times "clearing out headlights" involves drilling a small hole or opening up the headlight, and using a bunch of tools to break and smash the amber part, then cutting them into little pieces, and pulling them out!!

Its kinda scary but I guess a lot of people do it. haha

That's exactly what I did. Last year nobody made aftermarket corners for my car. Now there are a couple options. :banghead:

It was hours and hours of pain with a dremel. :D

CRXguy
11-04-2002, 10:24 AM
If anyone decides to open it up, remember to SEAL it up GOOD after you're done!:D

lilboykorea
11-04-2002, 06:44 PM
rpm was gonan do mine for... 75 each...
but i did them my self...saved 150$
go see my thread , its titled cleared my headlights.. i think..