PDA

View Full Version : who does A/C recharge cheep

TomTom
07-28-2004, 06:33 PM
i seen the ok tire by my work for 99.00$ , my neibour is a mechanic and said he could do it if i got some tool and 2 cans of duracool or somthing does this sound right or should a shop do it

barmanjay
07-29-2004, 12:12 AM
Go to autovalue at crowfoot centre,.... really good people there. Got my fill for $60-70,... included adapter for R134 (i believe), and 2 cans of duracool

LUDELVR
07-29-2004, 01:35 AM
First thing is first, you gotta make sure that your ac system has been evacuated as well, it needs to be in vaccum. If you go to any place that does a/c, they'll put a vaccum to it and then completely evacuate it. From there, you can either get them to put in the stuff or get that duracool stuff. I'd rather get them to do it, I did the duracool method and it's alright, but I think I may need another bottle.:dunno:

Illusionsir
07-29-2004, 02:36 AM
Originally posted by LUDELVR
First thing is first, you gotta make sure that your ac system has been evacuated as well, it needs to be in vaccum. If you go to any place that does a/c, they'll put a vaccum to it and then completely evacuate it. From there, you can either get them to put in the stuff or get that duracool stuff. I'd rather get them to do it, I did the duracool method and it's alright, but I think I may need another bottle.:dunno:

exactly what he said, you also MUST know what your cooling system holds in weight ( i.e. 3 lbs 5 ounces) to properly fill it.