PDA

View Full Version : HELP volvo 440 alarm

stimpy2001
07-28-2004, 11:34 PM
I have got a volvo440 with a factory fitted alarm and immobaliser.

I bought it yesterday.

Every time I lock the car using the remote fob, it locka and arms but after 20 seconds the alarm goes off, every time. If I unplug the siren then the hazards will flash instead.

Also the boot light does not go out when you shut the boot, I was wondering if this was related to my alarm problem.....

Please help....

Strugari
08-12-2004, 10:55 PM
Yes, the boot light not going off is probably causing your alarm to trigger. Is there a switch for the light when the boot is open?
The alarm, when you set it, has a delay before going into full alarm mode. I would check into why the light is staying on, fix it, and then see what your alarm does.
Hope this helps!

Gary:thumbsup:

stimpy2001
08-13-2004, 01:30 AM
Thanks for the info.

Turns out it is a faulty alarm ecu and nothing to do with the boot light. Bought a second-hand alarm ecu and fitted it. All ok at the moment...

Cheers

stimpy2001
09-07-2004, 04:56 PM
A new problem has arisen.

The alarm seems to go off at random but not the normal sounding alarm.
When it goes off the hazards do not flash, it sounds different and the red flashing light inside does not register the alarm going off afterwards.

The red light inside still flashes rapidly while driving, this is beginning to annoy me as the battery has now gone flat, presumably due to the alarm going off.

Please help.........