PDA

View Full Version : turbo accord, rattling sound

h22aseller
07-29-2004, 01:00 AM
hey guys, got a quick question for you. I recently turbo'd my accord and it runs great. (and yes, it is faster than it looked at race city because i had a vacuum leak there) anyways, at idle my car sounds normal, when maintaining any certain rpm it sounds normal, when accelerating no matter how hard, it sounds totally normal. the kicker is that as soon as the rpm starts to drop at all (either under engine breaking or just falling when in neutral) it kinda makes a rattling sound. my turbo has an internal wastegate (ya ya, i know, gay) and i was just wondering if it could be that vibrating or maybe something more serious. if it's a turbo problem of any sort i don't really care all that much, but if it's a motor problem that would suck.

and please no alarmist "your gonna die because your car is gonna blow up" people. informed answers only plz

WGR4Pussies
07-29-2004, 03:02 AM
Rattle=snake, watch out

:rofl:

man it could be anything, i wouldn't worry and i would just try and find it out, its probly your exhaust ratteling.

h22aseller
07-29-2004, 08:37 PM
ya, that's kinda why i wasn't too worried, and then i went under the car and discovered that for some reason or another when i installed the downpipe, i forgot to tighten the bolts to hold the hanger to the frame of the car. problem solved