PDA

View Full Version : Stupid traffic ticket

civic_rida
07-29-2004, 01:19 PM
My g.f. just got a ticket today goin to work . The officer pulled her over and gave her a ticket for " crossing the intersection on yellow"

Oops i never knew its illegal to run a yellow light.

I alwasy thought as long as u dont cross on red your safe.

Oh ya it was 115 bux fucken ticket qouta's

QuasarCav
07-29-2004, 01:22 PM
If you are riding it too close then they will ticket you.

If you see yellow and floor it your going to get busted.

Gonthro
07-29-2004, 01:26 PM
yellow means slow down and prepare to stop

not drop a gear and floor it

Boosted_TL
07-29-2004, 01:27 PM
Plus its the end of the month so they will ticket you for anything they can.

bart
07-29-2004, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Gonthro
yellow means slow down and prepare to stop

not drop a gear and floor it

buahaha, ok, well tell the semi truck towing 60 tons of pig shit behind you that, when you do that, and say hello to a wheel chair for the rest of your life! :)

yellow means 'do whatever the fuck you do, not to cross on red'.

Gonthro
07-29-2004, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by bart

buahaha, ok, well tell the semi truck towing 60 tons of pig shit behind you that, when you do that, and say hello to a wheel chair for the rest of your life! :)

there are resonable excuses, but if you have a good reason than there is no reason to worry about a ticket, you tell yer story to the CP and he will throw it out. but if you do it just becaus eyou dont want to wait then thats your fault and you're SOL.

Skyline_Addict
07-29-2004, 01:49 PM

that's not what the law says about yellow lights.
that's why you got busted.

bart
07-29-2004, 01:59 PM
i never got a ticket like that, i only get speeding tickets, any other tickets and you're a retard.

ICEBERG
07-29-2004, 01:59 PM
How does the cop prove in court that you crossed the intersection when it was yellow? Photo? His word over hers? Would this will be thrown out?

civic_rida
07-29-2004, 02:00 PM
So u have to stop on yellow?

QuasarCav
07-29-2004, 02:00 PM
i never got a ticket like that, i only get speeding tickets, any other tickets and you're a retard.

I dont get any tickets, if you do than your a retard!

civic_rida
07-29-2004, 02:02 PM
LIke the red light camaras dont even take the photo on yellow they take the photo when u cross the intersection on red.

cloud7
07-29-2004, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by ICEBERG
How does the cop prove in court that you crossed the intersection when it was yellow? Photo? His word over hers? This will be thrown out.

Yup, his words over hers. The judge would take that 100% of the time. However, she might be able to get away with just the fine and not the demerits.

Weapon_R
07-29-2004, 02:04 PM

You're also the one who thinks that he's a better driver than anyone else. :rolleyes:

Anyways, driving through a yellow light is illegal. You may be able to fight it, but it's his word against yours, and the judge will believe him.

rage2
07-29-2004, 02:04 PM
How does the cop prove in court that you crossed the intersection when it was yellow? Photo? His word over hers? This will be thrown out.
Like pretty much any other ticket, if it goes to court, it'll always the word of the cops (trusted public figure) than us (punk ass crime committing kids) hehehe.

bart
07-29-2004, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R

You're also the one who thinks that he's a better driver than anyone else. :rolleyes:

ya i guess i have a problem, i will have to get my head checked then huh? :)

Melinda
07-29-2004, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by civic_rida
So u have to stop on yellow?
Yellow lights are a safety net for people who are "past the point of no return" meaning if you are within a certain distance from the light traveling the SPEED LIMIT you are allowed to run it. If you are further then that distance and going the speed limit, you are expected to stop. If you speed through the light or increase your speed to make it through on time, then you will probably be ticketed for running it.

O_J
07-29-2004, 02:59 PM

i agree with that, not just semis these red neck trucks seems to always rear end people

MerfBall
07-29-2004, 03:17 PM
Didn't she read the book before she took her learner's??? :dunno:

. Vehicles facing a steady amber light must come to a complete stop before crossing the stop line or crosswalk on the near side of an intersection, unless such a stop cannot be made in safety. If there is no stop line or crosswalk, vehicles must stop before entering the intersection. An amber light is a means of safely clearing an intersection.

The only argument she can make is that she could not make the stop safely which is a hard sell in summer weather

ntv1980
07-29-2004, 04:03 PM
I have heard this case before. And the winner is ...... the driver.

Take it to court, tell her to take the learner book along. And point to the judge the lines where you're allowed to clear the intersection at the point of no return when it's amber light. She's not running red light so she's fine.

bart
07-30-2004, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by O_J

i agree with that, not just semis these red neck trucks seems to always rear end people

Thank You. sheesh.

mutsuraboshi
07-30-2004, 01:42 AM
How does the cop prove in court that you crossed the intersection when it was yellow? Photo? His word over hers? Would this will be thrown out?

Originally posted by cloud7

Yup, his words over hers. The judge would take that 100% of the time. However, she might be able to get away with just the fine and not the demerits.

i got rear ended by a cabbie once for halting the car on a yellow, and to this day i wish i ran it, my back got all fukt up from that accident.
u should fight it... they always give u slack when u show up at court.
most likely u'll get a discount off the 115 and no demerits

cloud7
07-30-2004, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by ntv1980
I have heard this case before. And the winner is ...... the driver.

Take it to court, tell her to take the learner book along. And point to the judge the lines where you're allowed to clear the intersection at the point of no return when it's amber light. She's not running red light so she's fine.

if she did tap her brakes then it is easier to argue because she can say she made an attempt to stop but cannot stop safely, so she ran the yellow. If she did not tap her brakes then the judge can say that she had time to stop but chose not to. And again the police officer's word against hers...

That's why you should always tap your brake just enough for the brake light to turn on when going through a yellow...

bart
07-30-2004, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by mutsuraboshi

i got rear ended by a cabbie once for halting the car on a yellow, and to this day i wish i ran it, my back got all fukt up from that accident.
u should fight it... they always give u slack when u show up at court.
most likely u'll get a discount off the 115 and no demerits

see, exactly why. i know a girl who was paralyzed when this happened to her, but he was smoked by a semi.

if its true you have to stop on yellow, then i would sue the city too. as far as i'm concerned, i will do whatever i feel like it not to hit red. if i do ever get a ticket for this, simply...

pull a "Sonny" while speaking with the prosecutor guy:

say there was a semi truck behind you, and being the good driver you are, you calculated a 72% probability of it slamming into you, taking into account its weight, distance, conditions and speed, and time left until a red light. this yields a 780,000 kJ impact force meaning there is a 65% chance you will have major back problems for life. so mathematics says to go for it baby!

max_boost
07-30-2004, 03:19 PM
Depending on the situation, amount of traffic, time of day, weather conditions, you can easily argue why you would or wouldn't run the light.

I don't think it's fair to issue a ticket for running a yellow light. You should have no problems fighting this ticket though, my sister got the same one a few years back and got off by paying the fine, no demerits.

bighead2267
07-31-2004, 09:40 AM
i will say fight for it, b'coz it can effect insurance.

barmanjay
07-31-2004, 10:00 AM
yellow light tickets are bunk

unless she sped up to run a stale yellow,... that's dangerous,... but....
yellow light tickets are still bunk.