PDA

View Full Version : Dreams, anyone?

Skyline_Addict
07-30-2004, 02:54 AM
it seems like my health escapades will never end! lol

anyways, I was wondering how I could sleep more soundly.

i'm not sure what it is exactly, but my rapidly mannered dreams do contribute to my incessant tossing, turning, kicking, punching and talking while asleep. an ex-girlfriend of mine said I sounded really angry in one of my dreams and started using profanities and swinging my arms around as if I was fighting. i have been attributed to being very vocal while i was asleep. do you think I should see a shrink? do my dreams mean anything? whether this is normal or not, I'd like to get rid of it.

i don't believe I have any psychological or emotional issues which would constitute some credibility to the reason I have these dreams. but I do happen to be angry very often in my dreams, or fighting... my brain is pretty gullible, as in many of my dreams where I have got hurt (I had a dream where I was dueling with a samurai sword against other sword-weilding opponents) I had woken up to a sharp pain where I had been stabbed, and of course, the inevitable and sudden sit-up and heavy breathing. I often wake up from my dreams still feeling angry or agitated - not a good way to start the day.

i am not an angry person by nature and do not have any mutual enemies.

well, anyways I seem to be rambling on so I'll leave you off with a weird dream I had. feel free to share any dreams you may have had too; maybe your experiences can help me as well.

during this dream it seems like I was a gangster (har har). it was somewhere in japan. the atmosphere and environment seemed humid and during the night. the city lights gleemed a bright yellowish-orange. i was definetely somewhere very metropolitan. at the same time, the city was very quiet. there weren't many things going on. anyways, we (me and the gangsters) were stereotypical hollywood gangsters (in japan? lol.) - black leather jacket, black clothes, you know the deal. I actually thought it was pretty cool! it felt like I was in "infernal affairs", to those of you who are familiar with the film. tony leung's character even makes an appearance later on. anyways, it looked as if I was sent out to do some solo-work. I can't remember what errands I was running exactly, but it looked as if i was doing my duties for the head honcho. somehow I ended up in a multi-story library and met and old female acquaintance. there was some heat and passion goin' on, lol. we proceeded to have a "moment" and then I bade her farewell (stop laughing now). now, this is where it gets weird. I walk out and I see tony leung. I guess he's a friend of mine? then suddenly outta nowhere, he gets shot down. I look up and see the "boss" of my gang, I believe. he's surrounded by some henchmen. i never get to see his face. his henchmen give me a good beating until I am kneeling on the ground, bleeding from my mouth. I see his feet. he proceeds to bend down and sit in a squatting position to talk to me. i can only see his knees and his feet and his hands clamped together. suddenly, thoughts go through my mind...everyone I know has been murdered. I say "you killed all my friends..."
he replies, "do you think I actually killed them"
he proceeds to do his evil gangster laugh.
the dreams blurs, fades out and then I wake up.

crazy... yet, not my craziest dream.

dam_guy
07-30-2004, 03:13 AM
your insane :nut:
haha jk

though i can't share any dreams with you, since i can't remember most of them, you can try searching up dream interpretations and try to figure out what your dreams are telling you.

in your case, you seem to be hurt both emotionally and physically in your dreams. are you sure nothing's bothering you in life?

dam_guy
07-30-2004, 03:26 AM
i was bored and pulled this up from http://www.dreammoods.com/

Anger
To dream that you are holding or expressing anger, symbolizes frustrations and disappointments in your Self. You tend to repress your negative emotions or project your anger onto others. You need to look within yourself.

Being angry in your dream may have been carried over from your waking life. Dreams can function as a safe outlet where you can express your strong and/or negative emotions. You have some suppressed anger and aggression that you have not consciously acknowledged.

Danger
To dream that you are in danger and are wounded or killed, signifies substantial losses in business and discouraging prospects in love. You need to be more cautious in some aspect of your life.

To dream that you escape from danger, signifies that you will rise to a place of high position and honor in your business and social circle

hope this helps a bit

Skyline_Addict
07-30-2004, 04:10 AM
Originally posted by dam_guy
your insane :nut:
haha jk

though i can't share any dreams with you, since i can't remember most of them, you can try searching up dream interpretations and try to figure out what your dreams are telling you.

in your case, you seem to be hurt both emotionally and physically in your dreams. are you sure nothing's bothering you in life?

my life isn't perfect, but I don't have anything that bothers me. my dreams never have sadness, but anger.
maybe it could just be my innate ability to fantasize about weird things such as sword fights and gangs, lol.

nothing is bothering me though, positive. atleast, i can't think of anything.

from what you pulled up from dreammood.com.....it seems bad!

my dreams do not tend to reflect what I am going through in life. i don't believe i have that much repressed anger. right now, I can't even point out anyone or anything that I am particularly mad or unhappy with. i never die in my dreams, but I remember a few times losing battles. if this relates to business or academic success, then there is an inverse relation. i am from a well-to-do family and have had the great opportunity to have a paid-for post-secondary education. I do well in school and am on my way to do either a Masters' or go for Law school.
perhaps my dreams are telling me that I need to fight harder? regarding my "love" and social life, both are fine. I have many good friends and have made many more quite recently. my social life is good.

some people have told me that I have a tendency to be laid back a little. perhaps these fighting dreams are telling me that I have to be better prepared and strive towards my potential, and that my complacency could be my downfall? i do not have many dreams where I am hurt very often, but I do remember them the most.

maybe I have some inner demons, if there is such a thing?

mind you, I have good dreams too.
in these dreams I am usually flying slowly or I am a famous celebrity. :burnout:

subdermal
07-30-2004, 02:25 PM
I used to have recurring dreams where I died. Oddly, several of them involved car crashes.. hmmm...

I don't think dreams neccessarily have a lot to do with what is going on in your life. They seem to be more a collection of images and correlations of impressions left over from your day. For example, everyone knows that watching a movie right before bed will affect your dreams...that doesn't mean that if you fall asellp watching kill bill that you have violent tendencies yourself, just becasue you may have a violent dream.

My most recent dreams that I remember were:
My alarm clock telling me that it used to be a synthesizer but that some kind of higher authority forced it to get debilitating "surgery" to limit its capacites so that it could be an alarm clock, because there was a shortage of them.

Trying to measure the distance between me and god by tossing him a tennis ball and timing how long it took for god to toss it back to me. Then the ball started complaining about being used so casually, and arguing with me about the weaknesses of my research methods. Then I woke up.

Do you have violent dreams often, like every night? Or just once in a while? I think once in a while is perfectly normal and nothing to worry about. Possibly more if you watch a lot of entertainment that has violent content, becasue those images will be fresh in your mind when you start dreaming.

Skyline_Addict
07-30-2004, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by subdermal
I used to have recurring dreams where I died. Oddly, several of them involved car crashes.. hmmm...

I don't think dreams neccessarily have a lot to do with what is going on in your life. They seem to be more a collection of images and correlations of impressions left over from your day. For example, everyone knows that watching a movie right before bed will affect your dreams...that doesn't mean that if you fall asellp watching kill bill that you have violent tendencies yourself, just becasue you may have a violent dream.

My most recent dreams that I remember were:
My alarm clock telling me that it used to be a synthesizer but that some kind of higher authority forced it to get debilitating "surgery" to limit its capacites so that it could be an alarm clock, because there was a shortage of them.

Trying to measure the distance between me and god by tossing him a tennis ball and timing how long it took for god to toss it back to me. Then the ball started complaining about being used so casually, and arguing with me about the weaknesses of my research methods. Then I woke up.

Do you have violent dreams often, like every night? Or just once in a while? I think once in a while is perfectly normal and nothing to worry about. Possibly more if you watch a lot of entertainment that has violent content, becasue those images will be fresh in your mind when you start dreaming.

that's very interesting! inanimate objects talking to you! interesting! i don't have violent dreams too often. they tend to be the dreams I remember the most however. that's why they're the only ones I can explain (if at all). in one of my dreams I was fighting myself. it was a sword fight. i had large angel wings and my other half had large demon wings. i lost that battle, waking up after I was stabbed below the shoulder blade.

hyperwhite
08-13-2004, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by Skyline_Addict

during this dream it seems like I was a gangster (har har). it was somewhere in japan. the atmosphere and environment seemed humid and during the night. the city lights gleemed a bright yellowish-orange. i was definetely somewhere very metropolitan. at the same time, the city was very quiet. there weren't many things going on. anyways, we (me and the gangsters) were stereotypical hollywood gangsters (in japan? lol.) - black leather jacket, black clothes, you know the deal. I actually thought it was pretty cool! it felt like I was in "infernal affairs", to those of you who are familiar with the film. tony leung's character even makes an appearance later on. anyways, it looked as if I was sent out to do some solo-work. I can't remember what errands I was running exactly, but it looked as if i was doing my duties for the head honcho. somehow I ended up in a multi-story library and met and old female acquaintance. there was some heat and passion goin' on, lol. we proceeded to have a "moment" and then I bade her farewell (stop laughing now). now, this is where it gets weird. I walk out and I see tony leung. I guess he's a friend of mine? then suddenly outta nowhere, he gets shot down. I look up and see the "boss" of my gang, I believe. he's surrounded by some henchmen. i never get to see his face. his henchmen give me a good beating until I am kneeling on the ground, bleeding from my mouth. I see his feet. he proceeds to bend down and sit in a squatting position to talk to me. i can only see his knees and his feet and his hands clamped together. suddenly, thoughts go through my mind...everyone I know has been murdered. I say "you killed all my friends..."
he replies, "do you think I actually killed them"
he proceeds to do his evil gangster laugh.
the dreams blurs, fades out and then I wake up.

crazy... yet, not my craziest dream.

sounds like it would make a good movie. i wanna see a full script on my desk by monday morning! actually mot people probably have fucked up dream like this but they just cant remember them. when i was a kid i always had dreams where i could only run in slow motion, and either something was chasing me or i had to be somewhere important. i dont put to much stock in dreams because, well they're just dreams

Skyline_Addict
08-13-2004, 02:34 PM
any remedies?

i want to sleep soundly for once. :D

Dirty_SOHC
08-13-2004, 04:11 PM
I had a dream awhile ago that I broke my budies arms and legs with a bat then I threw him into a mud puddle, face first. Then just watched him suffer.

Another weird one I had was that I saw my dog and some one skined him and he was still alive whimpering. I found the guy then proceeded to brutaly beat him. Then I did the same to him that he did to my dog....

It been awhile since I had a dream like thoses.

sputnik
08-13-2004, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by dam_guy
i was bored and pulled this up from http://www.dreammoods.com/

Anger
To dream that you are holding or expressing anger, symbolizes frustrations and disappointments in your Self. You tend to repress your negative emotions or project your anger onto others. You need to look within yourself.

Being angry in your dream may have been carried over from your waking life. Dreams can function as a safe outlet where you can express your strong and/or negative emotions. You have some suppressed anger and aggression that you have not consciously acknowledged.

Danger
To dream that you are in danger and are wounded or killed, signifies substantial losses in business and discouraging prospects in love. You need to be more cautious in some aspect of your life.

To dream that you escape from danger, signifies that you will rise to a place of high position and honor in your business and social circle

hope this helps a bit

Uh. I hardly see how this could mean anything. Might as well crack open a few fortune cookies and see what your dreams mean.

Texas
08-18-2004, 11:13 AM
wow, wierd shit...my dreams are usually sexual in nature...or they involve winnning massive amounts of money. I have a lot that involve me losing my teeth, like they just fall out and I swallow them by accident. once I had one were I was about to shoot someone who was evil and I couldnt pull the trigger.no matter how hard I squeezed...I couldnt yell either.