PDA

View Full Version : pick your part charging admission as of aug.1???

finboy
07-30-2004, 05:20 PM
http://www.performance-shop.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=21776.new;boardseen#new

apperantly soon you have to pay to get in, it may only be a dollar, but its still a pain in the ass considering i go there multiple times on the weekend usually.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

ninjak84
07-30-2004, 05:22 PM
I think that's fair......

GTS Jeff
07-30-2004, 05:24 PM
probably to make up for ppl stealing little things

benyl
07-30-2004, 05:46 PM
and for those idiot kids that go around with crow bars and smash shit up.

Canadian 2.5RS
07-30-2004, 05:47 PM
anyone that has been there lately:
have you seen any wrxs? any 00+ legacys?

finboy
07-30-2004, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by Canadian 2.5RS

pyp = old junk cars

lately, prices have been going up, selection has been going down, cars are getting grouped togeather by type and not manufacturer, weekend deals have pretty much dissapeared on usefull things like motors and transmissions, and now they are charging to get in.

this fee is another move by the new managment from the states, BOOurns

tulit
07-30-2004, 05:53 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
hehe sorry. No, your lucky to find anything newer than 89 ;)

Toms-Celica
07-30-2004, 06:15 PM

Plenty, they have a couple of imported STi's aswell.

07-30-2004, 06:20 PM

no I was there yesterday and I didn't see any but they might next week go check then!:D

yea I went there yester day and they have a sgin at the front and they just set up like a little toll box like in the calgary buses! I don't like the idea they already make a shit load of money but what can ya do!:thumbsdow

finboy
07-30-2004, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by 5.0

no I was there yesterday and I didn't see any but they might next week go check then!:D

yea I went there yester day and they have a sgin at the front and they just set up like a little toll box like in the calgary buses! I don't like the idea they already make a shit load of money but what can ya do!:thumbsdow

bucks has better import/4 cyl selection now anyways

O_J
07-30-2004, 09:01 PM
i think its bs, what if you don't buy anything then it just means you got jacked up a buck seeing rusted cars. I'd rahter have a coke.

sabad66
07-30-2004, 10:10 PM
wheres bucks auto? is the same help yourself or do they get it for you?

Gonthro
07-30-2004, 10:17 PM
fuck PYP, i'll go there and use up my credit before aug 1st and then i am never going back, if bucks dont hav eit i guess im SOL, im not paying thier bullshit admission and thier bullshit jacked up prices with NO refunds and limited time credits... its total bullshit, talk about swining thier weight arounhd, makes me wanna start up my own yard just to put them under.

phat97yukon
07-31-2004, 12:43 AM
Fuck em all..... unless its goin to a good cause, thats the only way them freaken jews at PYP are gettin any money outta me.... or they better start gettin a better line up of cars there. im not goin to pay the cash, if i can find anything i need...... this is my BIG FU pyp.....

sabad66
07-31-2004, 01:03 AM
guess i cant drag my g/f around to pyp anymore! an extra dollar!

O_J
07-31-2004, 02:17 AM
its like paying $1 to get into canadian tire or superstore to do SHOPPING.

Weapon_R
07-31-2004, 05:46 AM
Unbelievable...

First the shitty specials. Then the sign in crap. Then the no refund policy. And admission? I hope they go under asap.

Gonthro
07-31-2004, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by O_J
yeah i remember when it use to be a full cash refund...now limited time credit, higher prices, AND admission thats just fucked up.

its like paying $1 to get into canadian tire or superstore to do SHOPPING.

its nothign like that, atleast at canadian tire and superstore you know what products are in the store before you *would* pay admission... this is paying a dollar for a chance to find soemthing, i am a troubleshooter at times, i try several small things at once, one day i went there 5 times (i only live 5 mins away) to get relays and such to troubleshoot, that would have cost me an extra $5, skr00 them, its just bullshit what they are doing.

CelicaST-162
07-31-2004, 06:12 PM
again, this proves that Pick Your Part is going down the toilet. It would not surprise me that they will take the entry admission off because less and less people are coming. Bucks is now the place to go, and going to those NE wreckers in around the airport might not be a last resort anymore!!!:banghead:

hjr
07-31-2004, 06:29 PM
i dont go to pyp anymore. i dont like the place. shit there is expensive. you can pay up to half of the new price for an item for a used one of unknown quality that you had to tear off. i say boycott

O_J
08-03-2004, 04:45 PM
t

Kona9
08-03-2004, 04:55 PM
ask for a VIP pass Gonthro!!:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Then people will go there under your name. "Im a friend of Gonthro's, we don't pay cover"

sputnik
08-03-2004, 05:21 PM
:thumbsdow

Bucks gets my business. They were good when I was in Winnipeg too. PYP is also kinda scary too. The cars are sitting on welded rims (an accident waiting to happen). At least at Bucks most of the cars are on steel welded racks.

T5Bird
08-03-2004, 07:07 PM
As everyone else has said , a big F U to PYP. I mean christ when it was free to get in I would feel ripped off just for wasting my time in that yard. Now there is a 100% gaurantee that you will get ripped off. :thumbsdow Hopefully Buck's will take this oppurtunity to get their shit together.

mx73someday
08-03-2004, 08:50 PM
PYP doesn't have a 90 day refund policy anymore? Was it really bought by americans?

I noticed more cars had fallen off the welded rims since the new admission sign-in policy.

finboy
08-03-2004, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by mx73someday
PYP doesn't have a 90 day refund policy anymore? Was it really bought by americans?

I noticed more cars had fallen off the welded rims since the new admission sign-in policy.

no money back any more, bought out by the yanks, and went downhill BADLY

djfob
08-03-2004, 09:41 PM
kinda off topic but how exactly do you get to bucks..........I know it's off blackfoot and 58th ave but after that I'm lost. Any help would be great.:thumbsup:

tsi_neal
08-03-2004, 09:47 PM
head towards deerfoot on 58th turn right at the end of 58th then make an almost immeadiate left. youll then more or less be forced north. you CANT get lost from there

Ben
08-03-2004, 10:04 PM
:rolleyes:

sabad66
08-03-2004, 10:05 PM
how do i get to bucks from deerfoot going south from mcknight? take blackfoot then where?

finboy
08-03-2004, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by sabad66
how do i get to bucks from deerfoot going south from mcknight? take blackfoot then where?

note the map posted above

sabad66
08-03-2004, 11:17 PM
sorry he had posted that at the same time i posted

WGR4Pussies
08-04-2004, 12:02 AM
dude, i robbed pick your part so much, those bitches dont know what hit them when i left. i stole one of those tornado fuel savers when i was there, then someone stole it from my house, (i bet its the4 yoda drving nuktuck celica-st92) :devil:

Phuqu
08-04-2004, 12:05 AM
Screw 'em!

hjr
08-04-2004, 12:19 AM
i havent been in there in about a year now. boycott. i also havent bought anything at canadian tire/part source in almost 9 months (and i have had car troubles).

im quite the boycotter

Weapon_R
08-04-2004, 01:40 AM
So what's the verdict? Has the $1 admission been implemented? I can't see how they will survive if they implement it - most people there are broke and won't pay the admission premium.

Ben
08-04-2004, 01:50 AM
I absolutly Loathe PYP...I originally wrote a rant a page long but would likely go to jail for uttering threats.

that place will never see another dime outta my pocket.

Bunch of assholes.

hjr
08-04-2004, 02:14 AM
what everyone needs to understand is, selling used parts isnt really their business anymore. scrap steel exporting is. they make money by taking junked cars and sending them to china to be recycled. there is no reason to support them anymore cause they dont need it.

WGR4Pussies
08-04-2004, 02:27 AM
i kinda need them tho.:confused:

QuasarCav
08-04-2004, 08:13 AM
damn, 1 dollar is usually more than my bill there.

Sometimes you just have to grab a shift knob or turn signal. Guess i have to start paying back for all my "freebies".

On second thought, wont this encourage more vandals/thiefs?

T5Bird
08-04-2004, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by QuasarCav
damn, 1 dollar is usually more than my bill there.

Sometimes you just have to grab a shift knob or turn signal. Guess i have to start paying back for all my "freebies".

On second thought, wont this encourage more vandals/thiefs?

DAMN RIGHTS! in the odd chance that i do go there again I'll definatley get my $1 worth. :devil:

ACX
08-04-2004, 02:36 PM
thak every moron who damaged or stole something for the admission charge..

Newsflash, they are running a business..

Gonthro
08-04-2004, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by ACX
thak every moron who damaged or stole something for the admission charge..

Newsflash, they are running a business..

newsflash, they pay you like $40 for a car and make that off of 2-3 parts, (hell most cars that go there probably have parts on them that were bought there so they are selling the same part twice) they are making a fucking killing and they just want to extend that killing.

QuasarCav
08-04-2004, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by Gonthro

newsflash, they pay you like $40 for a car and make that off of 2-3 parts, (hell most cars that go there probably have parts on them that were bought there so they are selling the same part twice) they are making a fucking killing and they just want to extend that killing.

:werd:

A dollar!! Why dont they just weigh you when you come in and do it dump style.

they are good guys and I understand they are runnning a business but I think even a dollar will deter some people.

I swear some guys hang out there just to have some time away from the wife.

ACX
08-04-2004, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Gonthro

NEWSFLASH
Its called a business, don't support it if you don't like it...

I don't like the fact that Harry Rosen charges so much for clothes, but I don't go in there to take a dump, buy a pair of socks and put a canali tie in my pocket cause I feel slighted.

They made a business decision, and obviously are prepared to stand behind it.

:devil: :love:

mpl
08-04-2004, 11:02 PM
just wondering... do we pick the part by ourself at Bucks or they pull it ???

finboy
08-04-2004, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by mpl
just wondering... do we pick the part by ourself at Bucks or they pull it ???

same as pyp, you get the part off the car

Ben
08-04-2004, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by QuasarCav

A dollar!! Why dont they just weigh you when you come in and do it dump style.

"Sir, you lost weight while you were in there"

"Thassss Right! I took a shit right on your 68 Plymouth ot theh on da conah!

Xpnsve
08-06-2004, 06:12 AM
Thats GAY

fox
08-08-2004, 12:20 AM
when you get your hand stamped when u first go in at PYP then u can leave and come back and dont have to pay another $1 long as u still got the stamp on your hand.

PYP: if it fits in your pocket its free. and if you see anything worth value get it or forget it, cars get picked over so fast. i found a set of half decent bucket seats and didnt have room to take them with me so i went back the next day and they are gone. i was going to use my credit things... now im stuck with $80 credits :guns:

i notice at bucks now there is the workers walking around watching what you are doing now too.

SleepCounter
08-09-2004, 02:31 PM
Let them know what you think.

[email protected]

Ridelikeme
08-10-2004, 03:20 PM
k.. where is the best junkyard in the city... and where the hell can u get bmw, merceded, audi and other high end wrecked cars... i heard manchester auto, but i also heard they charge you almost the same price as a dealership

WGR4Pussies
08-10-2004, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by Ridelikeme
k.. where is the best junkyard in the city... and where the hell can u get bmw, merceded, audi and other high end wrecked cars... i heard manchester auto, but i also heard they charge you almost the same price as a dealership

yeah, manchester has all the good stuff. but they want more then anyplace else. pick your part has pretty much every car thats about 14 years old. bmw audi, you name it.