PDA

View Full Version : I always wondered how I'd do against a Lightning!

LUDELVR
07-31-2004, 01:05 PM
Well, I was driving down 36th st. ne today and I see a blue one, the guy has a race city number and the N, I'm assuming this is for newbies? anyway, I didn't think I'd get a chance to line up with this thing, but I finally do and a nice little stretch of street, he has his music blazing so I wasn't able to talk to him. When the light goes green, I didn't launch it cuz I wasn't sure if he wanted to go but sure enough the light goes green and we're off, in the end I was not quite past his rear bumper but I'm pretty impressed with those things, they're pretty quick! What do they run at the track? Also, if he's a newbie at the track with that vehicle is there much to know on how to drive those things or is it basically, get in and mash the peddle?:dunno:

1-Bar
07-31-2004, 02:32 PM
Aren't all Lightnings Auto ne-how?? So yeah, just brake stand....I think they run low 14s in Calgary.

Anyone want to correct me??

O_J
07-31-2004, 03:24 PM
yeah pretty much just mash the pedal and hold the steering wheel...i've seen a silver lightning run, they are quick but i don't remember the exact time.

fast95pony
07-31-2004, 03:46 PM
Watch out for the modded ones. Better breathing and a pulley change adds a lotta ponies...

O_J
07-31-2004, 06:08 PM
those harley davidson F150s are pretty quick too i think, supercharged?

NCLBNY
07-31-2004, 06:11 PM
My buddy has a stock lightning and I am not sure but I seem to remember him running 14.42. I could be wrong on this because the last time the truck was stock was like 3 months ago or something like that, I have a memory of a goldfish. Anyways when he did that run the truck only had 800km on it.

Ridelikeme
08-05-2004, 01:29 PM
its still a damn ford truck.. the chevy SS owns it in looks and power.. might not be as quick though.... but the dodge is gonna own everything on the street anyways from the looks of things

QuasarCav
08-05-2004, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by Ridelikeme
its still a damn ford truck.. the chevy SS owns it in looks and power.. might not be as quick though.... but the dodge is gonna own everything on the street anyways from the looks of things

What are you talking about???

looks are subjective but power is a fact.

A N/A 6.0 vs. a Blown 5.4 or 4.6!!

I think a SS would run high 15's maybe.

JCX
08-05-2004, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Ridelikeme

What in the blue hell are you talking about? The SS doesn't own anything. It's a decent wanna be sport truck that you can drive all year. The Lightning is a blown 5.4. Those trucks can straight fuggin scoot, with mods they become sick fast. Very dangerous from a dig, those things stick like a mofo.

It's still a damn Ford truck, just like the EVO is just a damn Lancer, STi is just a damn Impreza, Cobra is just a Mustang, SRT-10 is just a Ram.

Boosted_TL
08-05-2004, 02:27 PM
^^^^^^

Well said

:thumbsup:

Chevy owns nothing but the driver's that buy the SS

LOL

CalgarySS
08-05-2004, 05:55 PM
Lightnings run mid-high 14s in Calgary.

I pay close attention to the times run by trucks at the track.:thumbsup:

^SkylinE^
08-05-2004, 08:18 PM
A guy that comes into where i work all the time has ownd two now. He just got his new one this week! He said that hes old one ran 14.0 flat.

86max
08-05-2004, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by Boosted_TL
^^^^^^

Well said

:thumbsup:

Chevy owns nothing but the driver's that buy the SS

LOL

:rofl: :rofl:
So true.......it's funny when brand loyalty blurrs one's perception of the actual facts.

Ridelikeme
08-10-2004, 03:10 PM
yeah.. i am definately loyal to chevy.. but fuck i just cant stand the looks of the ford trucks, other than the jacked up 250, 350... and yeah man, i agree that was well said

Davan
08-19-2004, 11:00 AM
Just wait. The dodge won't have anything on the new Lightning in 05/06. :D

89coupe
08-19-2004, 01:13 PM
His name wouldn't happen to be Mike would it...and stand 6' 5 at around 300lbs?

As my friend Mike just bought his second Lightning. The first was white and I believe he ran 13.9@101. He now owns an 04 and its silver. He says this one is even quicker.

Originally posted by ^SkylinE^
A guy that comes into where i work all the time has ownd two now. He just got his new one this week! He said that hes old one ran 14.0 flat.

mr2mike
08-20-2004, 11:55 PM
You can say that again.

Also I don't believe that the Harley Trucks are Supercharged. The older ones (Black and Orange) Are just a graphics pack with a custom interior.

Apparently, you can't even buy the interior from Ford because they won't sell it to you separate. Same goes for the King Ranch interior.