PDA

View Full Version : 24th street idiots @ 2:30 am

Spooned
08-01-2004, 03:22 AM
well... what can i say,

im sitting at the lights of anderson rd. and 24st when a full car pulls up beside me and my friend. The car had 2 kids in the back
seat, and 2 adults in the front.

Light goes green, both of us get going fine and dandy, and i see that in the other cars lane there is a whole bunch of shit on the
road (looked like construction signs and barriers) and as i got closer i realized that some dumbass kids(or dumbass pplz) had moved the signs
onto the right hand lane.

I gunned it to make sure the other car had room to maneuver without having to worry about me, but unfortunetly from what i
could see in my rear view, they didnt see it till they were right up close. There was no reflective tape or anything on the barriers
either. The "rightlane is close" sign is only so bright in the pic because of the camera flash. my lights didnt light it up very well
at all.

I stopped about 30 yards passed all this shit, to make sure that the other car was ok. They pulled up behind us and stopped.
They had managed to slam on the brakes just in time and dodge to the left lane inches away from this shit. Poor kids were crying
in the back seat. I called it in to the 24 hour police services line.

The fucking idiots who moved those things onto the road better go straight to hell. Thank god that family was able to get out of
the way.

on the other side of 24th street, heading south there was more of the same shit. I have some photos from my friends camera.
They are real shit quality but hopefully you guys can make out whats going on.

Northbound 24th street:
Can't see really well from this pic, but there are a whole bunch of barriers on the ground(not even standing up) in the
righthand lane.
http://www.pixel-shift.com/beyond/sign.jpg

SouthBound 24th Street:
WTF... Fuck you whoever put this shit here. ur gonna get someone hurt or killed.
http://www.pixel-shift.com/beyond/sign4.jpg

both lanes are blocked... fuck you assholes.
http://www.pixel-shift.com/beyond/sign5.jpg

i just hope that no one gets hurt tonight. be careful out there guys. now that i think about it, i shoulda just moved that shit off the road.
I was afraid that the second i touched the signs a cruiser would come outta no where and think i was the one who moved the
signs onto the road in the first place.

GQBalla
08-01-2004, 03:25 AM
WTF DIE DIE:guns:

Spooned
08-01-2004, 03:38 AM
i hope thats not directed at me for this post. =(( :confused:

joseph
08-01-2004, 03:48 AM
Sickening that people can be so inconsiderate of other human lives. Hope they get what they deserve. :whipped: :whipped:

FiveFreshFish
08-01-2004, 03:49 AM
Good that you called the cops. Hope they got someone on it ASAP.

WGR4Pussies
08-01-2004, 04:23 AM
wtf lol, trippy shit.

SI-vic
08-01-2004, 04:26 AM
What fuckin' morons!
These stupid little immature kids will probably never get caught but I hope they are in a car accident right now with a broken spinal cord that will prevent them to walk or move again!

Good thing you called the police service and glad to hear everyone was ok :thumbsup:

ZMan2k2
08-01-2004, 06:13 AM
Originally posted by GQBalla
WTF DIE DIE:guns:

Nah, don't worry about GQ man. He didn't mean you. He, and the rest of us here, are just so pissed when we see stupid shit like that. Good call on calling the police, hopefully they sent someone there to clear that away. Alot of people probably wouldn't have stopped to check on the family either, so props for doing that too. As for the little punk kids who do that stuff, they need to get smacked upside the head, with one of those signs.:thumbsdow

Aleks
08-01-2004, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish
Good that you called the cops. Hope they got someone on it ASAP.

I don't know what time these pics were taken but I drove through there at 3:30 am last nite and the shit was still on the road...Scared the scap out of me...it was hard to see because of lack of reflective tape :guns: :guns: :guns:

SRH
08-01-2004, 01:31 PM
Good to know the cops are doing their job!:rolleyes:

Skyline_Addict
08-01-2004, 02:26 PM
hmmmm, you're a good citizen for making sure they were ok and reporting all this! :thumbsup:

method
08-01-2004, 02:26 PM
some kids moved one of those big 'bold' signs out onto the middle of the road up here one night.

another night they took a bunch of construction barriers and stuck them on the main street near my house at about two in the morning.

took me half an hour to move it all. fucking kids.

VetteRacin
08-01-2004, 03:41 PM
that is just horrible to think that someone would actually move those signs like that

ryder_23
08-01-2004, 03:51 PM
Young immature kids do it all the time when their loaded off 1 beer. They use to do it in the westhills area all the time when 69th was getin changed to 2 lanes...pain in the ass, and its a bitch to see them.

Just outa curiosity, say if those signs are moved into the middle of the road, and you hit it and it caused damage, would you be SOL or would the cities insurance fix it because they didnt take proper percautions with the signs? Just curious is all

DSM Power
08-01-2004, 03:53 PM
That was pretty decent of you to stop and check on the other car. Nobody needs shit like this but it does remind you to keep your eyes open.

xkon
08-01-2004, 06:22 PM
i remember at the co-op in oakridge i saw some kids moving stop signs... i got out of the car and started yelling at them... things like that really piss me off

BebeAphrodite
08-02-2004, 12:37 AM
things like this are as stupid as vandalism...
there's art work at u of c inbetween machall n the science link and someone a few weeks afterit was completed drew over part of it in thick black marker..
both are disrepectful.. this makes me as angry as i was when i saw the ruined art

method
08-02-2004, 09:51 AM
this is far stupider than vandalism. removing a stop sign can get somebody killed - it's happened before.

kids do stupid things, and people let it slide to a certain degree, but not like this.

time fer a lynchin.

1badPT
08-02-2004, 10:29 AM
Here, I brightened the pic a bit so you can see a bit better.

Pretty disturbing when kids think its cool to put other people's lives in danger. If they want to be idiots and endanger their own lives that's one thing, but to others is fucking stupid and cowardly.

cloud7
08-02-2004, 11:08 AM
I bet it is done by the same type of people who thinks throwing things from pedestrian overpasses down to the traffic below is cool... stupid people.

talonboi
08-02-2004, 11:19 AM
this happened to me juss off of sunvalley blvd...the straight away beside petro...the put to barracades together....so i juss sqeezed in between (they were blocking both lanes) i saw the kids in the bushes near the new skool...i knew i wasnt gonna fit...but i kept goin anywayz...i squezzed inbetween knocking both barracades over and i was laughing all the way down the street....so i turned around and saw the kids running inbetween houses...
minor damaga to my car...it hit mirrors and when it fell over it hit the side fenders...my bros paints cars and install bodykits outta our garage so its not that big of a deal..juss get it fixed next weekend

Hakkola
08-02-2004, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by CuteAsianAngel
there's art work at u of c inbetween machall n the science link and someone a few weeks afterit was completed drew over part of it in thick black marker..
both are disrepectful.. this makes me as angry as i was when i saw the ruined art

Wow, ruined art isn't going to hurt anybody, this is WAY worse.

dkny_stylez
08-03-2004, 12:51 AM
fuckin idiots:guns:

Spooned
08-03-2004, 04:01 AM
Originally posted by CuteAsianAngel
there's art work at u of c inbetween machall n the science link
and someone a few weeks afterit was completed drew over part
of it in thick black marker.. both are disrepectful.. this makes me
as angry as i was when i saw the ruined art

Originally posted by Hakkola
Wow, ruined art isn't going to hurt anybody, this is WAY worse.

Im gonna have to agree with Hakkola, i mean yes, vandalism
itself is an issue that we all have to deal with, but although
vandalism causes an inconvenience and/or brands or debrands
any kind of art, name or property its not going to cause a serious
injury or death.

I think setting up these barriers, obviously in a manner which
could cause an accident and knowing they could hurt/kill
someone is far worse.

The worst thing about it is that chances are these dumbasses
won't ever get caught unless a citizen sees them doing it, calls
the cops and performs a citizen's arrest, which i wouldnt
recommend for your own safety.

Everything is fucked up these days, you never know who could
pull a knife or gun out on you whenever, wherever you are.

*going off on a tanget*

For example, when i was at pizza hut really late one night, my
friend and i were talking about how fcuked up kids were these
days, and just as i said "I dunno wtf is wrong with them, maybe
they just are not being raised right or something"

my friend flips out and yells "OMG man that kid just ran towards
ur car and kicked the door full force!"

I turned around to see him kick the front passenger side two
more times before i could get outside. Got outside yelling "HEY
WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING YOU FUCKER?!".

as i got outside i noticed he was maybe 16 or 17... he started
back to his friends car as fast as possible so i cut him off.

my friend stood infront of his buddies car and i stood behind as
we took the plate number down. I asked him why the fuck he
was kicking my car in the first place, he kept saying it wasnt my
car and that it was his buddies car, bla bla bla and all this shit...

Im just sitting there thinking... why the fuck would u kick ur
buddies car door in...?? and did you know there is such a thing
called " mass production " meaning alot of people have the same
car??

The next morning i called the cops filed a report. The cops ran the
guys plate ( his friend's car ) went to his friends house, talked to
the parents and the kid, found the kid who was kicking my car
and charged him.

Came out to about 3200$ of damage to replace the whole front
passenger door (damage was done to the side impact beams
and some of the hinges and what not, whole door had to be
replaced) as well as the front right quarter panel and some other
stuff.

The kid didnt have car insurance to cover for it so it all came out of
his parents house insurance...

at least i got a brand new door, that one had lots of door dings in
it anyways... so i guess stuff worked out???

but the point is... wtf is wrong with kids these days!?!? omg....

well i said it... now i gotta go check on my car again to see if anyone
is kicking it.

kay im done my off tangent post now. night.