PDA

View Full Version : Fake Photo Radar

egmike
11-04-2002, 10:44 PM
So I am driving down 8th St. in airdrie which is pretty open with little trees & houses and I am about 100-150 meters away from my driveway and I see a guy in this ditch ahead, didn't think much of it .
The Speed limit was 80 about a 1/2 km back and dropped down to 60, I was going about 65 ish and passed the truck and there was a flash. I was pretty shocked that it did flash and was kind of pissed that I would get a ticket, cause I was only 3-5 km over.

So I decided to walk over ask the guy a couple of questions about how much do you have to be over and such for it to flash, lone behold there is a guy not even a cop or anything sitting in his grey truck with a fuckin camera flash guessing on how fast cars are going and flashing the damn thing!!!!

After I talked to him for a bit his was getting kind of agitated like I was going to call the cops or something and tried to start explaining himself of why he was doing it. I should have called the RC's but I was so glad that it wasn't a real multinova that I didn't care.

:werd:

szw
11-04-2002, 10:45 PM
hahaha what a loser!

lsvetc
11-04-2002, 11:16 PM
Haha nothing better to do! Tell him to go get a job, or maybe hes training to be a cop, hummmm :thumbsdow :werd:

lammer
11-04-2002, 11:57 PM
hahahah! today on the way home i was on 17th Avenue and someone blew past a yellow light got a ticket haha you can see the flashes go off.

[GaGe]
11-05-2002, 12:05 AM
Haha, what an idiot.

ninjak84
11-05-2002, 12:19 AM
There is a woman in Mckenzie that sits in her bushes on her lawn, and takes pictures of speeders. Then she mails the pictures to the police....
The woman doesn't know that the police can't do anything about it tho...:rolleyes:

Ben
11-05-2002, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by ninjak84
There is a woman in Mckenzie that sits in her bushes on her lawn, and takes pictures of speeders. Then she mails the pictures to the police....
The woman doesn't know that the police can't do anything about it tho...:rolleyes:

Gotta keep those Photo Lab technicians employed though

szw
11-05-2002, 01:33 AM
Someone should go sit in front of her house and take picture of her, and send them in for stunting!

GTS Jeff
11-05-2002, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by MR8
So I am driving down 8th St. in airdrie which is pretty open with little trees & houses and I am about 100-150 meters away from my driveway and I see a guy in this ditch ahead, didn't think much of it .
The Speed limit was 80 about a 1/2 km back and dropped down to 60, I was going about 65 ish and passed the truck and there was a flash. I was pretty shocked that it did flash and was kind of pissed that I would get a ticket, cause I was only 3-5 km over.

So I decided to walk over ask the guy a couple of questions about how much do you have to be over and such for it to flash, lone behold there is a guy not even a cop or anything sitting in his grey truck with a fuckin camera flash guessing on how fast cars are going and flashing the damn thing!!!!

After I talked to him for a bit his was getting kind of agitated like I was going to call the cops or something and tried to start explaining himself of why he was doing it. I should have called the RC's but I was so glad that it wasn't a real multinova that I didn't care.

:werd: hte cops can haul his ass in for public nuisance..

kenny
11-05-2002, 03:17 AM

Actually, the police *CAN* do something about it provided that she fills out a sworn statement for each picture she submits. This applies in Alberta not sure of other provinces.

James
11-05-2002, 03:23 AM

So whereabouts is this woman in Mckenzie??, .....not that i speed near there or anything:rolleyes: just curious

GTS Jeff
11-05-2002, 03:34 AM
Originally posted by kenny

Actually, the police *CAN* do something about it provided that she fills out a sworn statement for each picture she submits. This applies in Alberta not sure of other provinces. so whats to stop her from taking pictures of random cars and how can they prove that she can accurately measure speed? things dont really add up!

kenny
11-05-2002, 04:38 AM
Originally posted by Jeff TYPE R
so whats to stop her from taking pictures of random cars and how can they prove that she can accurately measure speed? things dont really add up!

Nothing can stop her from taking pictures of random cars, its a sworn statement, she could theoretically say anything. Thats what the courts are for, she'd have to testify if you plead not guilty and would have to prove that you are guilty.

I should have been more clear though, I doubt they would take a sworn statement regarding speeding and issue a ticket, however tickets for stuff like reckless driving, driving without undue care and attention can be issued with just a sworn statement from any citizen. Of course, lying in a sworn statement to the police brings on some serious penalties!

James
11-05-2002, 04:45 AM

she'd have to testify if you plead not guilty and would have to prove that you are guilty.

Atleast you would have the chance to take it to court, still kinda bullshit though. Thats what the police are for, although im sure in Saying that, This will somehow screw me over one day:rolleyes:

GTS Jeff
11-05-2002, 11:21 AM

Nothing can stop her from taking pictures of random cars, its a sworn statement, she could theoretically say anything. Thats what the courts are for, she'd have to testify if you plead not guilty and would have to prove that you are guilty.

I should have been more clear though, I doubt they would take a sworn statement regarding speeding and issue a ticket, however tickets for stuff like reckless driving, driving without undue care and attention can be issued with just a sworn statement from any citizen. Of course, lying in a sworn statement to the police brings on some serious penalties! wow that sounds pretty ambiguous still! if i ever got a ticket like that i would take it to court for sure! in a situation like that, it comes down to your word against hers.

infamous
11-05-2002, 12:15 PM
yeah that is total :bullshit: i think that in order to get a ticket, the cops need to see you :D not just some random asshole who has nothing better to do....unless it's a hit and run or a drunk driver or something....

Redlyne_mr2
11-05-2002, 12:22 PM
hahaha Im going to do a 150kmhr fly by that lady with a nice little message covering my plate