PDA

View Full Version : about Preludes?

Leekiwwi
08-01-2004, 04:02 PM
Im looking to get one soon, but Im wondering what the differences in the Prelude-S, the Type SH, and the SE versions are?
And also what did they retail at when they were available?

Thanks

EnRich
08-01-2004, 04:09 PM
THere is a differance... I hope you aint tall though, cause those things have little head room, i had to sell mine couse of it, check stats, there are differances, their minor though, i aint goin into em

ryder_23
08-01-2004, 04:14 PM
I dont believe theirs a prelude S model in NA atleast

Very little differences

Engines the same

SH - Had diff rims (however on 2001 models some SE's came with SH rims), sh has painted lower trim i believe not 100% sure tho, and it has ATTS or whatever its called.

SE - came with leather or cloth

97-01 in the gen5 which fits the models your asking about...

And yes, preludes dont have alot of headroom.

SwitchBlade
08-01-2004, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by EnRich
THere is a differance... I hope you aint tall though, cause those things have little head room, i had to sell mine couse of it, check stats, there are differances, their minor though, i aint goin into em

I dunno about beingtll tho i drove a prelude and i had no problem with head room or leg room whatsoever. I am also 6'6 so that is uncommon for most cars i have driven.

Skyline_Addict
08-01-2004, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by ryder_23
I dont believe theirs a prelude S model in NA atleast

And yes, preludes dont have alot of headroom.

yeah, there are really really small differences between the models other than cloth and leather interior.

anyways, as long as u're asian, chances are you won't have to worry about headroom. ;)

Leekiwwi
08-01-2004, 04:44 PM
sweet, and just wondering if that blue colour that comes witht he SE model is a special colour?

sabad66
08-01-2004, 05:35 PM
the sh just has the atts (active torque transfer system). it basically reduces some of the torque steer associated with fwd cars. anyway good choice on the 5th gen prelude! my favourite car. i think pearl white is the best colour for the lude imo. theres someone on here selling one for like 16.

Skyline_Addict
08-01-2004, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by sabad66
the sh just has the atts (active torque transfer system). it basically reduces some of the torque steer associated with fwd cars. anyway good choice on the 5th gen prelude! my favourite car. i think pearl white is the best colour for the lude imo. theres someone on here selling one for like 16.

werd, pearl white is cool.
red too!

they look incredible, perform pretty well and won't let u down (it's a honda). nothing too special, but you can't go wrong with a 5th gen lude. even the 4th gens are awesome, provided they have vtec. can't stand their back ends though, they look sorta funny.

1-Bar
08-02-2004, 11:17 AM
Prelude-S is the base version. The SH is the next level up. Comes w/ ATTS to handel better, leather seats, different rims, painted rocker moldings and 5 speed only.

The SE is the 2001 edition of the lude and yes that blue is only offered in that year. Its pretty much the base edition w/ SH rims and CF trim.

If you want to modify the car, go w/ the base model since the ATTS is a pain to work on, especially if your doing suspension mods....

Gspotracer
08-02-2004, 01:00 PM
ATTS (Active Torque Transfer System), reduces understeer at higher speeds by tranfering more torque to the out side wheel, it has nothing to do with reducing torque steer.

If you plan on upgrading your suspension don't go with an SH, the parts are more expensive cause they are less common. Also I know there were some recalls (97-99) associated with the ATTS.

FS: 99 PRELUDE PM FOR DETAILS.