PDA

View Full Version : 05 Rsx

cujo_cjc
08-01-2004, 06:01 PM
I got this off the clubrsx.com forums and this is supposedly taken from a hong kong magzine

Also rumoured are 4 new colors:
-Blaze Orange Metallic
-Vivid Blue Pearl (Replacing Arctic Blue/Civic SiR color?)
-Jade Green Metallic :S
-Magnessium Grey Metallic (Replacing Desert Silver/Honda Civic color)

Supposedly the 05 type s is getting upgraded suspension and handling and a hp increase to 210/215hp

I think the new front sorta looks like civic now

EDIT:Picture is in my next post below

joseph
08-01-2004, 06:44 PM
^^Image doesn't work

cujo_cjc
08-01-2004, 07:05 PM
hope this works

Skyline_Addict
08-01-2004, 07:10 PM
hasn't changed much.
looks like the tail and headlights are a bit different.
props to the performance upgrades, they needed one.

///M3
08-01-2004, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by cujo_cjc
I think the new front sorta looks like civic now

civicrider
08-01-2004, 08:29 PM
i like the new look of the tail lights but the headlights are too much like the civic like what cujo_cjc said

nj2Type-S
08-01-2004, 10:28 PM
i heard no performance increase at all. if that's true, then i'm glad i've got an '03 haha

Zephyr
08-01-2004, 10:31 PM
reminds me of a civic or corolla... the front that is

Seanith
08-01-2004, 10:47 PM
I definitely don't like the civic headlights :thumbsdow
IMO the RSX looks sexy as it looks right now..

And in terms of the upgraded suspension, do they share the bunk macpherson struts like civics? If so, they will probably upgrade it to a double wishbone setup like they should of kept it..

Also until i see them,those new colors sound gay.. artic blue pearl imo was the sexiest color along with white.. and orange and green doesn't sound good.

GC84ever
08-01-2004, 10:53 PM
I don't like the changes that did on the RSX. The RSX is a sports car and should be edgy and look aggressive, not more like a Civic.
Which reminds me I was watching a show like motorweek or something and they notice already that it looked alot like a civic from certain angles. And that was 2-3 years ago.

wildrice
08-01-2004, 10:54 PM
the old rsx looks WAY better than that one

C4S
08-01-2004, 11:31 PM
That is the Asian version .. they always look better .. and more power ! from that article ( chinese ) it said the HP and engine is unchanged ..
:)

damn .. how come when Honda import their cars to N/A .. have to make them more ulgy first ?
Like the Japanese version intregra, or civc .. are like 10 times better looking ! and Accord ! :banghead:

cujo_cjc
08-02-2004, 12:57 AM
here are a couple more pictures that some guy scanned from a 2005 RSX parts catalog
and from the looks of the new bumper it pretty much resembles that article from above

i personally like the bumper, it just would have been better to keep the current headlights :)

Originally posted by C4S
That is the Asian version .. they always look better .. and more power ! from that article ( chinese ) it said the HP and engine is unchanged ..
:)

isn't that because they already have the type r tho?
i don't kno, i'm just going by what is rumoured for the type s model we have here
and to get that extra 10-15hp wouldn't be that hard (retune the ecu)

cujo_cjc
08-02-2004, 12:59 AM
and heres the scan for a new 17" wheel that is supposedly suppose to be standard on the type s now!

PS:sorry about all the seperate posts for the pictures..i can't seem to get the img code to work right for me :(

H4LFY2nR
08-02-2004, 01:03 AM
I was told by a car salesman:rolleyes: that Type R's are coming to NA sometime soon. I don't know how much BS that is but it would be sweet to get them here again. And that new bumper looks way better than the current one IMO(though it's civicish), but those headlights suck:thumbsdow .

cujo_cjc
08-02-2004, 01:11 AM
ok heres the last one
its a pic of the headlights and taillights

EDIT: instead of another post, the guy who is scanning these sections from the parts manual made another post and said:

"I took a look at the engine section.
The 05 has a different part number for the throttle body and both the intake and exhaust manifold.
The head, block, pistons, connecting rods and crank are the same as the previous RSX.
So I dont know if there is any significant HP increases.
The muff on the 05 TypeS is also a different part number."

Those changes should be enough to warrent a 10-15hp increase :)