PDA

View Full Version : Viper Alarms

pr0
08-01-2004, 11:12 PM
I tried searching, couldn't find a yes/no answer... So here it is:

Is Viper shit quality or something? All of my friends say its crap and said that they went out of business then just keep coming back...

:confused:

If its bad, what are its flaws?

EK 2.0
08-01-2004, 11:22 PM
I havea Viper Alarm, and LOVE it...

DEI is the parent company of Viper, Python, Rattler, Avital, Sidewinder, and a couple other brands IIRC...they also make good car audio...Thier pieces can be seen in Funkmaster Flex's Installs, as well as the stuff out of West Coast Customs...the car audio line is under the name of Directed...

They make great pieces...very easily integrated into new vehicles existing Ainti Theft Systems...Installers love them, as I did when I sold Car Audio for a few years...The Alarms/Starters have a lot of extra options available for example, windows going up and down, sunroofs opening/closing...they do have very comparable units to the Compustar, and other 2-Ways as well...do a bit of research into what you want out of your Security/Starter system and then make a choice...just dont do it cause he said/she said...

bighead2267
08-10-2004, 07:57 PM
i think the Viper 2 way don't support manual tranny, hope this help. i'm using the viper 2 ways now, beside drain battery badly, no complain at all...........

Go4Long
08-10-2004, 08:20 PM
yeah...I asked my buddy about that when I was shoppin for alarm/starters he said he liked viper, but I couldn't use it because they don't support manual trannys

ZMan2k2
08-10-2004, 09:00 PM
Viper 791VX. Two way, alarm/starter :D I love it. They make great stuff, and I've had no complaints with it at all.

dkny_stylez
08-10-2004, 10:57 PM
wat do they come with?

illeagle
08-10-2004, 10:59 PM
VIPER ARMED!!!
haha, who the hell sells Viper alarms still?

EK 2.0
08-10-2004, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by illeagle
VIPER ARMED!!!
haha, who the hell sells Viper alarms still?

Future Shop, Visions, Soundsaround...take your pick Bro...

Deetz
08-10-2004, 11:55 PM
I give viper the thumbs up, i've had 5 of their systems over the years, work great no problems.

civicluva
08-13-2004, 05:53 PM
I had viper 791VX and it was the biggest piece of junk. It was good at start but slowly things started to act up!!!!! It wouldn't disarm on occasion, had false alarms, sensors screwed up and a bunch of other things went wrong. I ended up returning it with the warranty and getting a compu*, which I have no problems with as of yet.