PDA

View Full Version : 2am life at UC

speedracer
11-05-2002, 03:15 AM
I though I would go back and check out Inital D at the Cove for a "break" away from school work only to still find people still playing:guns: Have they no life?.. wait I'm just leaving school now since Sunday...:confused: :rofl: Maybe another time.

http://speedracer.ca/public/speedracer/UC/wabbit_hide.jpg
http://speedracer.ca/public/speedracer/UC/ID.jpg

Click for the rest of the photo's
2 Rabbits (http://speedracer.ca/public/speedracer/UC/2wabbit.jpg)
1 Rabbit (http://speedracer.ca/public/speedracer/UC/wabbit.jpg)
Been interesting driving around time with these (http://speedracer.ca/public/speedracer/UC/r_tire.jpg)
One More Inital D (http://speedracer.ca/public/speedracer/UC/ID2.jpg)

James
11-05-2002, 03:20 AM
In the picture "one more Initial D", i think that was Drifting gone bad or something,..... or maybe you are supposed to be facing the wall:rolleyes: :tongue:

girlRACER
11-05-2002, 03:21 AM
Poor Brando. Stuck at school again laboring over your CPSC assignments again!! I feel sorry for the work you have to do sometimes. You should go home and get some sleep before you lose it!

speedracer
11-05-2002, 04:00 AM
James: Crossing finish line. So it wouldn't matter.
You'd think before closing there would be no one... lol

girlRacer: Sleep's for the weak anyway
:zzz: That not to say I haven't lost it already :nut:

G
11-05-2002, 10:49 AM
Which CPSC classes are you taking this semester? Did you do 355 with Bidulock yet? How about Complexity Theory 413?

RSeXy
11-05-2002, 10:49 AM
i will have to be pulling late nite hours at the U too! two 15 pg papers due at the end of the month..and i haven't started my research! fack. :banghead: :(

sexualbanana
11-05-2002, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by girlRACER
Poor Brando. Stuck at school again laboring over your CPSC assignments again!! I feel sorry for the work you have to do sometimes. You should go home and get some sleep before you lose it!

some people like to get their beauty sleep. other don't. obviously, brando gets none. jk:rofl:

Redlyne_mr2
11-05-2002, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by RSeXy
i will have to be pulling late nite hours at the U too! two 15 pg papers due at the end of the month..and i haven't started my research! fack. :banghead: :(
christ what are you taking....

infamous
11-05-2002, 10:55 AM
holy shit dude...thats a lot of work to do....i am so glad that i don't go to school right now....

D'z Nutz
11-05-2002, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by GSpot
How about Complexity Theory 413?

Bleh!! I'm taking that now. Hate it so much. Math 271 was even easier :banghead:

Redlyne_mr2
11-05-2002, 11:26 AM
do you guys think its necessary to put yourself through hell like this....whats wicked about my program is that its based more on networkign and making contacts that it is sitting in class learning garbage that well forget in a week...and when I graduate the pay off is just as large:bigpimp:

G
11-05-2002, 11:48 AM
I think a degree is worth it. Plus I really enjoyed my years in university no matter how hard it was.

speedracer
11-05-2002, 11:51 AM
Gavin: All that sleep and I don't see it do much good for you at all... lol :rofl: :angel:

Gspot and D'znut: We should meet up. :)
Redlyne_mr2: What course are you taking?

413 - I'm thinking of leaving that in the end. It's not like I'll be taking 513 :rofl:

M68KACIA
11-05-2002, 11:55 AM
so a lot of 3rd year CPSC student on this board then....

G
11-05-2002, 01:38 PM
I graduated in 99 working ever since.

mwmhong
11-05-2002, 02:27 PM
I took an intermediate CPSC course (C++) as an option to help boost my marks..... BAD MISTAKE. It ended up being MORE work than my core subjects. Loooooong hours in the computer rooms programming away. :banghead:

Those Sun workstations on the first floor of Math Sciences were BADASS, they had the laser/optical mouse with the wire-grid mousepads and monster-sized screens. There were always fights to get one of the few with color monitors.

If you get bored late at U, you can try a round of night golf outdoors. First one to nail the campus security vehicle wins!
If it's too cold out, you can play golf indoors too. :)

infamous
11-05-2002, 02:31 PM
hahahaha i could totally see you doing that mwmhong....FORE! :rofl: like that great halls commercial with the guy playing golf...what a classic

szw
11-05-2002, 03:36 PM
Just a note to all you guys staying late at school.

On second floor ICT there are individual washrooms, that lock...with showers :)

NOt that I would know anything about that...living at school is just weird. hahahaha

RSeXy
11-05-2002, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by szw
Just a note to all you guys staying late at school.

On second floor ICT there are individual washrooms, that lock...with showers :)

NOt that I would know anything about that...living at school is just weird. hahahaha

i would be worrying about all those fungal infections in showers! haha..i'm not that die-hard of a studier!

i was in the french centre for 4hours straight today! i'm so proud! haha..then again...it was just a bunch of girls speaking french and talking about guy's "choses" ....

girls can be so perverted! haha...i was being the good one and actually preparing my presentation. ..sorta :dunno: :nut:

Toms-Celica
11-05-2002, 05:36 PM
So, what else do you do in these showers, that have a door that lock, late at night? eehehehehe :D

szw
11-05-2002, 05:42 PM
I'll leave that up to your imagination....hahaha

Midterm stress man!

Anyways the showers are pretty cool. Its not a real 'shower'...its like an ordinary bathroom in ICT with a showerhead attached to the wall. haha...actually I think its a handicapped bathroom...but whatever...they are roomier!

Toms-Celica
11-05-2002, 05:49 PM
lol! Now your taking showers away from the handicapped! lol! :angel:

RSeXy
11-05-2002, 05:49 PM
that's so mean! what if a guy in a wheelchair really has to take a piss and you are in there! :confused:

RSeXy
11-05-2002, 05:50 PM
on another note: if one was to go and study during the nite..where do you park? i know they close down machall parkade at 12am...what about the art parkade?

max_boost
11-05-2002, 05:51 PM
on another note: if one was to go and study during the nite..where do you park? i know they close down machall parkade at 12am...what about the art parkade?

Meters are free aren't they?

G
11-05-2002, 05:52 PM

I parked at the meters infront of the math building free after 8.

RSeXy
11-05-2002, 05:55 PM
i went there atfter 8 not too long ago! it might've been that night only...but it was SO hard to find a meter spot.

it is so hard to get one by the library. its is very unsettling walking by yourself to your car late at night when you are a girl.

Redlyne_mr2
11-05-2002, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by speedracer
Gavin: All that sleep and I don't see it do much good for you at all... lol :rofl: :angel:

Gspot and D'znut: We should meet up. :)
Redlyne_mr2: What course are you taking?

413 - I'm thinking of leaving that in the end. It's not like I'll be taking 513 :rofl:
Im taking automotive marketing at the canadian automotive institute in Ontario...it rules..they prepare us for corporate level positions in the automotive industry..3 year program or a 4 year degree program:thumbsup:

speedracer
11-05-2002, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by mwmhong
I took an intermediate CPSC course (C++) as an option to help boost my marks..... BAD MISTAKE.
Ahh yes, CPSC 215 with Bidulock :clap:

SZW: You do realize that Engineering and CPSC mostly compress

GSPOT: Only a few more course and I can be a bum :)

SZW:Anyways the showers are pretty cool. Its not a real 'shower'...its like an ordinary bathroom in ICT with a showerhead attached to the wall. haha...actually I think its a handicapped bathroom...but whatever...they are roomier!
So you have used them...:rofl:

(Every odd floor has it I believe)

G
11-05-2002, 06:00 PM
There are also meters under/outside Scurfield and the Admin building. U of C makes a killing of parking yet the tuition is still so high. Where does all the money go?

szw
11-05-2002, 06:01 PM
Yea all the meters are free after 8:30. I don't go to library since theres not a lot of parking meters...so i study/park around ICT/math sciences

And i like the handicapped bathrooms...of course I make sure there are no ppl in wheelchairs rolling around nearby though.

szw
11-05-2002, 06:02 PM
SZW: You do realize that Engineering and CPSC mostly compress

What that does that mean? If its something nasty don't tell me haha

szw
11-05-2002, 06:03 PM
And when the U-pass came, they argued it would be better for drivers since parking would be easier. Then they rasied the prices for parking!

RSeXy
11-05-2002, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by szw
Yea all the meters are free after 8:30. I don't go to library since theres not a lot of parking meters...so i study/park around ICT/math sciences

And i like the handicapped bathrooms...of course I make sure there are no ppl in wheelchairs rolling around nearby though.

i have yet to check out the ICT building. all my courses are in craigie hall.

its not as old as it used to look! it is getting painted! yellow, blue and green...haha...so obviously the U isn't spending money from parking fees on interior decorators.

speedracer
szw: oops.. yeah never mind :D

Free parking is after 8:30 at the metters and the lots except Underground and Art (That midnight or when the attendant leaves)

RSeXy
Originally posted by szw
And when the U-pass came, they argued it would be better for drivers since parking would be easier. Then they rasied the prices for parking!

i kno! people driving..if they don't get the U pass should get a parking credit for 50bucks! at least it would last a good two 1/2 wks!

RSeXy
11-05-2002, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by speedracer
szw: oops.. yeah never mind :D

Free parking is after 8:30 at the metters and the lots except Underground and Art (That midnight or when the attendant leaves)

haha..i'm so poor i would probably just wait around until the attendant leaves so i could get free parking! haha...:confused: :rolleyes:

max_boost
11-05-2002, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

Im taking automotive marketing at the canadian automotive institute in Ontario...it rules..they prepare us for corporate level positions in the automotive industry..3 year program or a 4 year degree program:thumbsup:

Is that the same program offered by SAIT?
Its called Automotive Marketing, 1 year at SAIT, 2 years in Barrie Ontario

After my business diploma, I can transfer and do that......how do you like it?

szw
11-05-2002, 06:12 PM
So at night you can park underground machall? Does the door automatically open? And can you stay there until next morning? hahahah man i'm so cheap

Redlyne_mr2
11-05-2002, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by max_boost

Is that the same program offered by SAIT?
Its called Automotive Marketing, 1 year at SAIT, 2 years in Barrie Ontario

After my business diploma, I can transfer and do that......how do you like it?
ya dude thats what it is...it seriously rules but you have to be prepared to want to live in Ontario afterwards because thats where the industry is....the students hold the biggest out door international autoshow in north america every year, we get to meet so many cool people, just last week I met Jim Kenzie from Motoring 2002 (kenzie's corner) and went for a ride in his smg m3 convertible, its a co-op program so you are hooked up wth jobs at all the corporate offices...one nice thing about this is that you qualify for employment finance rates..you can lease a loaded 3 series or a lower model 5 series for around 250 a month O down if you work at BMW Canada(but lets keep that a secret), the hook up are definitely there you just have to be passionate about cars:thumbsup:

RSeXy
11-05-2002, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by szw
So at night you can park underground machall? Does the door automatically open? And can you stay there until next morning? hahahah man i'm so cheap
yeah your car gets locked in after midnite...i was talking about the art parkade...haha

but i totally understand being cheap! i hate giving more money to school.

max_boost
11-05-2002, 06:21 PM

yeah your car gets locked in after midnite...i was talking about the art parkade...haha

but i totally understand being cheap! i hate giving more money to school.

Me too:werd:

max_boost
11-05-2002, 06:22 PM

ya dude thats what it is...it seriously rules but you have to be prepared to want to live in Ontario afterwards because thats where the industry is....the students hold the biggest out door international autoshow in north america every year, we get to meet so many cool people, just last week I met Jim Kenzie from Motoring 2002 (kenzie's corner) and went for a ride in his smg m3 convertible, its a co-op program so you are hooked up wth jobs at all the corporate offices...one nice thing about this is that you qualify for employment finance rates..you can lease a loaded 3 series or a lower model 5 series for around 250 a month O down if you work at BMW Canada(but lets keep that a secret), the hook up are definitely there you just have to be passionate about cars:thumbsup:

I should seriously look into that a few years down the road......I am definitely passionate about cars......:love:

CRXguy
11-05-2002, 06:31 PM

I should seriously look into that a few years down the road......I am definitely passionate about cars......:love:

That's what I want to take, but I don't know if I want to live all the way out in Barrie.:D

Redlyne_mr2
11-05-2002, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by CRXguy

That's what I want to take, but I don't know if I want to live all the way out in Barrie.:D
its not so bad....tons of italian girls mmmm....and you get so many opportunities

max_boost
11-05-2002, 06:33 PM

We could be roommates but after your confession, I'm not so sure:rofl:

RSeXy
11-05-2002, 06:38 PM
Barrie ONT? isn't it hella cold there?

Redlyne_mr2
11-05-2002, 06:39 PM

We could be roommates but after your confession, I'm not so sure:rofl:
hahaha....by the time you guys decide i may be already graduated..but I do have a 5 bedroom 3 bathroom townhouse thats a 2 minute walk from the school if you guys ever need a place to stay..just stay off my damned computer I dnt want to get owned by any of you bastards:rofl:

Redlyne_mr2
11-05-2002, 06:40 PM
Barrie ONT? isn't it hella cold there?
we have no snow right now, and it was like 10 degrees yesterday...its 30 mins from toronto..so were way farther south than calgary

szw
11-05-2002, 06:40 PM
Any hookup for jobs in the engineering dept of these companies? Like an internship next year maybe?

max_boost
11-05-2002, 06:41 PM

hahaha....by the time you guys decide i may be already graduated..but I do have a 5 bedroom 3 bathroom townhouse thats a 2 minute walk from the school if you guys ever need a place to stay..just stay off my damned computer I dnt want to get owned by any of you bastards:rofl:

We'll see what type of job you get first, if you end up coming back here working at Hyundai or Kia, then nevermind!:rofl:

I'm not really down with the idea of going away from school, I love Calgary hehe:love:

Redlyne_mr2
11-05-2002, 06:43 PM

We'll see what type of job you get first, if you end up coming back here working at Hyundai or Kia, then nevermind!:rofl:

I'm not really down with the idea of going away from school, I love Calgary hehe:love:
I hear yah hahaha...my next co-op is comng up and I decided to stay in alberta for it even though I should probably be here(need to finish up the mr2)..I think ill be working for GMAC in calgary

RSeXy
11-05-2002, 06:44 PM

Calgary blows.

I can't wait to get the hell out of here.

ninjak84
11-05-2002, 06:46 PM

Calgary blows.

I can't wait to get the hell out of here.

Amen

CRXguy
11-05-2002, 07:01 PM

its not so bad....tons of italian girls mmmm....and you get so many opportunities

No can do man, I'm pretty much "married" so yeah.....:D

I'm very interested in the program though. Maybe in a couple years.:thumbsup:

max_boost
11-05-2002, 07:01 PM
You guys don't see it now but Calgary is one of the best city's in the world!

Redlyne_mr2
11-05-2002, 07:03 PM
Ive been to tons and tons of different cities and nothing in the states or in canada can compare to calagry..I hear that for sure dude:thumbsup: :clap: :thumbsup:

RSeXy
11-05-2002, 07:04 PM

No can do man, I'm pretty much "married" so yeah.....:D

way to go Anh..you are so faithful to your gf/commonlaw wife. :thumbsup:

RSeXy
11-05-2002, 07:04 PM

it may be a good city...but it sure as hell doesn't appeal to me.

Toms-Celica
11-06-2002, 08:23 AM
Im curious, how many people go to SAIT here?:dunno:

Weapon_R
11-06-2002, 12:54 PM

:werd: :werd: :werd:

Blue Devil 2
11-06-2002, 01:03 PM

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: This is the best comment I've ever read on Beyond!!!