PDA

View Full Version : Calgary Police

Hardy_Boy
08-02-2004, 10:16 PM
about 20 mins ago i headed out to take couple pics of my car, cause i finally lowerd it. any way i found a secluded area in evergreen, and i started snapping pics. a few minutes later a cop car pulls up with lights on. the officeres proceed to get out of the car and ask me for my licence, regestration, proof on insurce etc. now i hadn't done ne thing wrong. but can i legally say "go fuck yourself" all i was doing was taking pictures . :dunno:

NickGT
08-02-2004, 10:20 PM
Well I'll go with the obvious, they were probably making sure you weren't stealing it or scouting it and that it in fact was yours... Shouldn't be a big deal, show your papers, and carry on. :dunno:

brandon
08-02-2004, 10:20 PM
umm why would you want to? just because he took 2 minutes out of your night because you were snapping pictures? maybe theres a stolen car that looks like yours? if i got my car stolen i would want the police to question any car that looks like the descripition of it. All he is doing is his job quit being a baby

WGR4Pussies
08-02-2004, 10:21 PM
yea you can say it, but they have dogs. :(

Ben
08-02-2004, 10:23 PM
Fuck, dont give the cops attitude, end of story.

illeagle
08-02-2004, 10:24 PM
How do the cops know the car belongs to you?

I did the same saturday night, a cop was driving by seen me in a dark parking lot, I had just finished re-tourquing my wheel lugs, and i thought it would be heat bag if i drove away at that perticular moment, The cops slowed right down, still on the main street, .. then i popped my hood, and started aiming my headlights, the cops just sped away as if i was broke down..lol... then the Hawc1 circled over me till i left...sheesh.. it's only the N.E.:confused:

pr0
08-02-2004, 10:25 PM
As long as you being with "in my opinion... [insert comment here]". :rolleyes:

But then again, they are cops. They will lie if they are bastereds.

Try and imagine this:

My cousin is shooting a bbgun in his back yard, he doesn't know of any laws since its his property. I am in his yard watching, when 3 cop cars come along and point their gun straight at him, they go ahead and take the gun, and give me the ticket because I didn't want to talk with them :eek:

Then at court im trying to fight it, and they go on ahead and testify that it was ME firing the gun!! IDIOTS!

Hardy_Boy
08-02-2004, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by Ben
Fuck, dont give the cops attitude, end of story.

o and i don't, just these guys were pricks with what they were saying they had the attitudes not me. they treated me with no respect so y should i give them ne?

ryder_23
08-02-2004, 10:33 PM
^
cause they have guns, and power...

Just leave it alone, next time tell em to fuck off, and we'll see when you get a chance to post again

pr0
08-02-2004, 11:18 PM
Yea you did the right thing. Don't fight it. Or else expect getting :whipped: by a bunch of homos in the waiting jail.

hjr
08-02-2004, 11:45 PM
i understand that its anoying, but unfortunately there is not much you can do. they were doing what they were supposed to be doing. the attitude could be for many many reasons. who knows, maybe he just had his own car stolen or vandalized.

crx62
08-02-2004, 11:51 PM
yo dont ever be a smart ass with cops guy , just co-op with them and it will be over soon.

^SkylinE^
08-02-2004, 11:57 PM
LETS see the picture dude!!!
:poosie:

civicluva
08-02-2004, 11:59 PM
:whocares:

blueripper6
08-03-2004, 12:27 AM
Dude, think about it, if someone was scoping your phat ride and the cops saw and just drove right by, your car gets stolen, who do u turn to.

so please, shut the fuck up and give police officers the respect they deserve.

FiveFreshFish
08-03-2004, 12:49 AM
Put yourself in the cop's shoes. You ask a guy for ID because he's doing something slightly out of the ordinary. He tells you to fuck off because you're doing your job. Now what would you do?

Don't piss off cops when there's no reason to.

RiceCake
08-03-2004, 01:11 AM
Don't create a hostile situation when there is no need for one.

ryder_23
08-03-2004, 02:36 AM
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish
Put yourself in the cop's shoes. You ask a guy for ID because he's doing something slightly out of the ordinary. He tells you to fuck off because you're doing your job. Now what would you do?

Don't piss off cops when there's no reason to.

Or you will end up like Rodney King :guns:

"Dont Mess wit Da Poooooolice"

dieselpower91
08-03-2004, 02:46 AM
I know what its like to run across an asshole cop, Im sure the majority of us do! I know its tempting to be an ass back, but there is no point to provoke him. You should have just explained the situation and maybe he would have changed his attitude.

If your an ass back to him I'm sure it just provokes him to find reasons to give you a ticket or 2.

I find it makes life easier if your polite and just explain yourself calmly.

kenny
08-03-2004, 04:00 AM
If you aren't in a rush and dont mind wasting your time and the cops time... just show him your drivers license. You don't need to show anything else because you were outside of your vehicle taking pictures.

You have to show your drivers (some form of ID anyway) because failure to do so is an offence. If the officer insists on seeing the registration, ask why :)

My worse experience with cops like this was when I was at bubblemania. These cops came inside walked around and came to my table and asked if I drove the white car outside. I said yes, and they told me to follow them outside. They asked me for license and registration. All I showed them was my drivers license. When I questioned why I need to, they said there was a broken beer bottle beside my car and they were just looking out for me. I told them it was obvious the beer bottle was broken many many days ago (there was only a few fragments).

The cop then took my licence into his car and ran it.... after what seemed like forever they finally gave my licence back and let me go. If I gave them the registration I probably would have saved myself some time and the cop wouldn't have been a total prick taking his sweet ass time but oh well provided some conversation material when I went back inside to enjoy my taro bbt :)

Xtrema
08-03-2004, 10:32 AM
I had cops tail me a few block on Crowchild/Sarcee. Looks like he ran my plate on his computer and than broke off.

Jet let them do their job and you'll be fine.

BTW, CPS seem to be out in force during the Aug long weekend. I encounter no less than 15 units driving around the city and at least 3/4 of them are issuing tickets.

91VTEG
08-03-2004, 11:06 AM
LETS see the picture dude!!!

finally its lowered:clap: :clap:

eb0i
08-03-2004, 11:29 AM
I was teaching my friend how to drive standard in the sunridge parking lot one night awhile back and a cop pulled us over for no real reason. But to top it off he started making up reasons as why not to do it again. He looked at my insurance which I just bought a few days back and proceeded to tell me and my friend that the insurance on my car was out of date and I'm lucky that he's not going to give me a ticket (it was good for another year). Then he proceeds to tell my friend and I the dangers of driving without insurance :rolleyes: . Gay.

cloud7
08-05-2004, 10:03 PM
just remember all cops are control freaks... just let them feel that they have full control of the situation thru BSing or what have you... and you'll be fine. Win-win situation:burnout:

donz
08-07-2004, 03:40 PM
you really can't say that about all cops. Some of them are just doing their jobs, it's really not personal. However if you're taking pic of your camry they probably wouldn't say anything.

sexualbanana
08-07-2004, 03:51 PM
Think of it this way. You lowered our car. That's illegal. If you're a dickhead to the cop. He'll give you a ticket because you made him mad. If you were nice. He just might not bother and let you off. Therefore saving you a couple bucks

00redLUDE
08-08-2004, 01:36 AM
Cops were either bullies or bullied in school. This is their one little joy in their life. Just let it go and you know you are the better person. :thumbsup:

DarkDream
08-11-2004, 05:24 PM
By giving a cop attitude... your not gaining anything except for a few secs satisfaction..... and then if you piss him off hes going to write you up a ticket for some bullshit..... so the best thing to do is just cooperate.....

ringmaster
08-12-2004, 04:48 PM
yeah sometimes cops are just like that... I was pulled for being, and I quote " three large black males with two bats and gap bags".... total bs im the skinniest whitest guy you'll ever meet but I just cooperated with them and stared down the barrel of the gun for a while till it was over

h22aseller
08-15-2004, 02:10 AM
first off, cops don't usually pull their fire-arms. if they do they have to fill out a report that is retardedly long describing when, why, how, where and all that other stuff regarding the incident. unless you give them a reason. (for example pulling a knife, verbal threats, trying to run) then you guys get off saying that cops are control freaks and that you should just think of yourself as the better person. now picture yourself in their shoes. you deal with the scum of society every day so that the rest of us don't have to. you willingly put yourself in harm's way to help strangers, and you work your ass off to help punk kids that always give you attitude when something of theirs gets stolen. show some respect for them, they aren't in it for the money or because it's always fun. they are there because they want to help the general public. and yes there are a lot of cops out there that can come across as really anal, but aren't you all kinda pissy when you've had a really bad day?

btw, this doesn't mean that i think that they are good drivers, cause they aren't necessarily so.

joseph
08-15-2004, 09:54 AM
^^^:werd:

hjr
08-15-2004, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by h22aseller
first off, cops don't usually pull their fire-arms. if they do they have to fill out a report that is retardedly long describing when, why, how, where and all that other stuff regarding the incident. unless you give them a reason. (for example pulling a knife, verbal threats, trying to run) then you guys get off saying that cops are control freaks and that you should just think of yourself as the better person. now picture yourself in their shoes. you deal with the scum of society every day so that the rest of us don't have to. you willingly put yourself in harm's way to help strangers, and you work your ass off to help punk kids that always give you attitude when something of theirs gets stolen. show some respect for them, they aren't in it for the money or because it's always fun. they are there because they want to help the general public. and yes there are a lot of cops out there that can come across as really anal, but aren't you all kinda pissy when you've had a really bad day?

btw, this doesn't mean that i think that they are good drivers, cause they aren't necessarily so. 1st part, i totally agree

last part, i disagree. police go through more driver training than 99% of people driving on the road. so someone driving a police car is most likely a better driver than everyone around him. granted they can be rude drivers, or agressive drivers, but with the training they have done, when it comes to the limits of the police cruisers, they are pimps.

h22aseller
08-15-2004, 11:04 AM
ya, im not saying that they don't know how to drive, but it seems as though they can get away with cutting people off, speeding and tailgating and stuff when the rest of us would get a ticket. i understand that they are well equiped skill wise to handle any situation that they may encounter because of such driving, but they should also lead by example for the rest of us that can't drive worth shit.

GTS Jeff
08-15-2004, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Hardy_Boy
about 20 mins ago i headed out to take couple pics of my car, cause i finally lowerd it. any way i found a secluded area in evergreen, and i started snapping pics. a few minutes later a cop car pulls up with lights on. the officeres proceed to get out of the car and ask me for my licence, regestration, proof on insurce etc. now i hadn't done ne thing wrong. but can i legally say "go fuck yourself" all i was doing was taking pictures . :dunno: when cops have to deal with ppl with attitudes like u all the time, they get pissed off and treat everyone else like dicks too.