PDA

View Full Version : bike learner's test

Vanish3d
08-02-2004, 10:56 PM
yes yes, another newbie to the bike world. I was just wondering if the questions were screwy or mostly common sense like the class 5 test.

wildkarrde
08-03-2004, 12:05 AM
Mostly just common sense, road signs and whatnot.

Hmm...

What foot to put down when you stop?

Damn, I'm drawing a huge blank.
I'll see if I can remember any more.

hjr
08-03-2004, 12:18 AM
the learners test is just written. thats all. i did no studying and passed it first try. its quite easy. quite indeed. the road test is where it gets more difficult.

wildkarrde
08-03-2004, 12:44 AM
I saw 3 people fail the test.

They were nervous old ladies though.

You should do fine.

hjr
08-03-2004, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Kobe

no dude, other way around, i failed the first time, but its probobly cuase i rushed it, cuase i had to work in 15 hahaha, but i got 1 wrong second time around, and then 100% on the driving test..

Driving test is simple.. nope. thats wrong. other way around. i got 2 wrong on my written, so it wasnt perfect, then i got a few demerits on the test for leaving the turn signal on, but either way, the road test is harder than the written. and im not just basing this on my experience, this if from a bunch of folks i know.

Chester
08-03-2004, 11:49 AM
easy test, finished so fast. Mine was simple, one question was: When approaching gravel you (A)Speed up (B)Honk to aware people you are coming (C) slow down

lam-boy
08-03-2004, 12:55 PM
I passed the written 100%
and the Test I got 2 wrong, 1 from dropping both my feet by accident on a stop and when I tried to start uphill I didn't gas enough so I couldn't really take off.

Khyron
08-03-2004, 05:25 PM
It depends, the written test has a large pool of questions, and while most are stupid easy, some are pretty obscure (questions about insurance, penalties for doing stuff wrong, etc). Just read the book and don't rush.

Khyron

Rockski
08-03-2004, 09:17 PM
how do you take the street test? is there a designated bike with a side car or what??/

SportTwin
08-04-2004, 02:29 PM
I took my test from a little shop in Forest Lawn (8th Avenue SE and about 48th Street) and the guy they recommended that I rent the bike from drove the course with me and another guy 6 or 7 times right before I rode the test. He pointed out the important things the tester would look for. Cost was $130 with the test, but totally worth it in my opinion. All I had to provide was a certified helmet.

Vanish3d
08-04-2004, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by Kobe

if you take the street test, you MUST have your own bike they wont provide it to you, but if you take it will too cool, you can do there course and they teach you for 18 hours, and they let you use there bikes...If you take a street test, they will tel you were 2 go and follow you

does the course price include a street test?
do you know how much the course is?

I suppose i can call and find out details :tongue:

Vanish3d
08-04-2004, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by SportTwin
. Cost was $130 with the test, but totally worth it in my opinion. All I had to provide was a certified helmet.

$130 for the test and renting the bike?
you rented the bike from the same place u took the test??

lam-boy
08-04-2004, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by Vanish3d

does the course price include a street test?
do you know how much the course is?

I suppose i can call and find out details :tongue:

too cool? I think I paid like 380 dollars, I don't remember.
well anyways the test I had to pay the tester another 35 dollars to take the test.

koolklux
08-04-2004, 07:18 PM
??? i am interested too, i know i cant use my bike for the test, because u cant register a bike without your license, so u gotta complete the road test with someone elses bike or a school, this sounds awesome.. i wanna do this

wildkarrde
08-05-2004, 02:13 AM
You can save a couple buck if you go to Calgary Safety Council. Thats where I went, and I took the course, and the test for under $300.

SportTwin
08-05-2004, 07:20 AM
Originally posted by Vanish3d

$130 for the test and renting the bike?
you rented the bike from the same place u took the test??

Nope. The place I took the test at recommended a guy who rents bikes. They do a lot of business with him I guess.:dunno:

I was billed seperately for the test and the rental but together they cost about $130.

koolklux
08-05-2004, 03:00 PM
well ur lucky, u got the phone number of the place still? thanks

koolklux
08-06-2004, 07:16 PM
okay, u went to a registry in forest lawn? and they told u about a guy that rents bikes for the test? where and how can i find his guy

SportTwin
08-08-2004, 12:33 AM
I don't remember the name of the place, but it was in the strip mall @ 8th Avenue SE and 48st. Called and they suggested this guy when I asked about renting a bike.

All my experience was on dirt before I took my test, a 200cc dual-purpose would suite me better for the actual road test than a big Vtwin :)

l/l/rX
08-13-2004, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by Chester
easy test, finished so fast. Mine was simple, one question was: When approaching gravel you (A)Speed up (B)Honk to aware people you are coming (C) slow down

ahaha i got that question too!!!

anyways its mostly common sense. similar to class 7 license. EASY!